Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Grillin' ~N~ Chillin'

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chicken wings.

I get the whole wings in 4-lb packs. Cut off the tips, then cut the wing at the joint (now it looks like the 'wings' you get at the local watering hole.....). Charcoal grill.......Cook on one side until slightly browned (about 10-12 min)......Flip over and use small brushes to brush the wing sauce onto the wing. Another 10 min......Flip over and brush the other side. Do this a couple of more times, brushing until sauce is gone (45 min to an hour).........A little labor intensive, but it's every bit as good as any buffalo wings I've eaten at the (name your wing joint...).

Wing Sauce:

Franks red hot sauce (1 to 2 bottles....Depending on if you're doing 4-lb or 8-lb of wings)

Butter (2/3 stick for one batch......1 1/3 stick for two batches......)

Crushed red pepper (I grow and dry my own........about 4 to 8 pieces depending on hotness........)

Tabasco sauce (1 to 3 teaspoons depending on degree of hotness you want)

***Melt butter....Add Franks, crushed red pepper, tabasco.........Stir thoroughly........Brush onto wings when turning wings on the grill.

Time elapsed depends on hotness of fire, of course........Gas grillers would probably have an easier time.....But I don't mind estimating the size of the coal bed, and the vents, to control the heat.........And I LOVE the charcoal smoke!

Serve with radishes, celery, plenty of ranch and blue cheese dressing....Music, beer, other spirits, and ENJOY!!!

I know it's too late for the Memorial Day festivities, but the 4th of July is just a little over a month away.......

Happy Grilling!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by forddude05
Casey, if I knew where to find you... you'd find me knockin on your door
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness... ~ Sun Tzu

Thanks for the compliment forddude05... it is appreciated.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lostmybeer
I'ma Top Ramen winner....again Yippie!!!
Be creative my friend, there are many wonderful meals that can be made out of top ramen... check out this college website for ideas:

50 Amazing Ramen Noodle Recipes

...you can be a winner!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cmpd1781
Chicken wings.

I get the whole wings in 4-lb packs. Cut off the tips, then cut the wing at the joint (now it looks like the 'wings' you get at the local watering hole.....). Charcoal grill.......Cook on one side until slightly browned (about 10-12 min)......Flip over and use small brushes to brush the wing sauce onto the wing. Another 10 min......Flip over and brush the other side. Do this a couple of more times, brushing until sauce is gone (45 min to an hour).........A little labor intensive, but it's every bit as good as any buffalo wings I've eaten at the (name your wing joint...).

Wing Sauce:

Franks red hot sauce (1 to 2 bottles....Depending on if you're doing 4-lb or 8-lb of wings)

Butter (2/3 stick for one batch......1 1/3 stick for two batches......)

Crushed red pepper (I grow and dry my own........about 4 to 8 pieces depending on hotness........)

Tabasco sauce (1 to 3 teaspoons depending on degree of hotness you want)

***Melt butter....Add Franks, crushed red pepper, tabasco.........Stir thoroughly........Brush onto wings when turning wings on the grill.

Time elapsed depends on hotness of fire, of course........Gas grillers would probably have an easier time.....But I don't mind estimating the size of the coal bed, and the vents, to control the heat.........And I LOVE the charcoal smoke!

Serve with radishes, celery, plenty of ranch and blue cheese dressing....Music, beer, other spirits, and ENJOY!!!

I know it's too late for the Memorial Day festivities, but the 4th of July is just a little over a month away.......

Happy Grilling!
Wow...thanks Steve! This is worth showing up twice in this thread. I know a guy from North Carolina (west side) who loves Q'ing. We are always swapping ideas. I have learned that the bbq is a little different between east and west NC. Both are excellent, and something we can learn from out west here.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
OMG!! It's only 6:00 in the morning and I want to fire up a grill and snarf!!

You guys have me hungry!!!

The wings sound divine!!!

Thanks for the sauce recipe!!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
It is never too early to be q'ing... for this is a 24 hr day adventure...breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper... or just because.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 AM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowbunny

You guys have me hungry!!!

The wings sound divine!!!

Thanks for the sauce recipe!!
The sauce is just a little tweaking on my part on the sauce/buffalo wing recipe that Frank's puts on the side of their bottles. With their recipe, they just fry the wings until done, and coat the wings in the sauce and serve. That would be the quick and dirty way to do it. Theirs only calls for Franks red hot sauce and melted butter.

I used to fry the wings until mostly done........then finish on the grill....cuts down that time a little......But I've just gone to cooking the wings entirely on the grill. I'd rather sit outside with a timer and monitor the grill next to a glass of rum/lime/water (or a cold beer) than stand in front of a hot-**** fryer.....

With the sauce, I just added the crushed pepper and tabasco to increase the hotness.......

ANY excuse to break out the grill and

YOU know what I'm talking about.....

Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
When I lived in Alaska,,, I would grill at 40 below!!!

My neighbors thought I was nuts!!!

I have never believed that grilling was a fair weather sport!!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you pansies, I grill pre fab frozen burgers in the rain.... Tell me that dont take initiative

Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
you pansies, I grill pre fab frozen burgers in the rain.... Tell me that dont take initiative
...just poor taste, and to make it worse ya probably are grilling pre-fab veggy burgers.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Veggie Burgers???

That's Blasphemy!!!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 AM
billy12360
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you guys ever tried veggie burgars with bacon on them??? the local burgar place in town called the burgar barn has mostly real meat burgars and sandwhiches(my favorite is the logger burgar which is 2 beef pattys on a hoggie roll and some other stuff i dont really care about...) when i was working with my dad we would go in there on pay day and order a vegiterian burgar with bacon... (the high school girls would always give us weird looks when we asked for it... pretty good though)

my favorite for grilling is steak.. nothing to special just steak marinated and or seasoned with what ever i find sounds good at the time... yesterday it was red wine, soy sauce tomato paste pepper... dont know how or why i used what i did... but it tasted pretty darn good...

Old 06-27-2010, 01:24 AM
nighthawk285
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
You wanna talk about adventure.....try BBQ'ing in the back of a UHAUL truck in Shreveport, Louisiana as Hurricane IKE is going through town and tornado sirens are going off, and theres about 10 of us enjoying my baby back ribs and burgers and drinking our goodies from the drive-through daquiri/margarita (yes they are legal in LA) stores......that was a good time

Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
BabyBunny
Posting Guru
Veggieburger with bacon?!?! If you're going to eat bacon, why have a veggieburger??

Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 AM
billy12360
Elder User
its pretty good. and you get some funny looks when you order it. lol

Quick Reply: Grillin' ~N~ Chillin'