Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol

lets hear the most ridicoulous ford truck stories

Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Carver Speed
Senior User
My 48ft car trailer carries antique FORD cars/trucks inside it, I pull them with a Duramax!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM
hotroddually
Posting Guru
a few years back i was wrenching on my dually 4x4 with the 428 SCJ in it. i had put it all back together ,except the exhaust was still just hanging loose. i decided to go for a test run in her. i run her on the street with open headers. she is really loud, and the cam is super lumpy. i got the thumbs up from lots of guys, but some folks did not like the loud truck. i came up on a red traffic light, as i idled at the red light, i noticed there was a cop coming up in the other lane beside me . i did not want a ticket ,so i shut off the truck before he came up near me. i thought the light would turn green for him, then after he went, i would start my truck and idled away. well that did not happen. my left turn light went green first!!! i pretended my truck was broke down and folks went around me. the cop noticed me not moving,and turned on his lights,then backed up behind me. he asked if i needed help.i said my battery had cut out and the truck stalled. he said i had to get the truck off the street. he said he was going to call for a tow truck. right about this time, my 3 friends drove passed me in one of the friends truck, noticed me with the police and pulled over to see what was going on. i asked the cop if it was okay for my friends and i to just push the truck off the road into the parking lot right there off the street. he said yes.we all pushed the truck off ,into the parking lot.then the cop left. my three friends asked me what was broke on my truck. i said just wait a second ,until the cop was out of sight. then i said i thought the truck had something falling off from underneath, possibly an exhaust related issue . then i jumped up in the cab, smiled, and started her up. she was LOUD!!! i asked them to follow me to my house. we took the back roads . they told me at the house they could not believe, i got them to help me push a perfectly good running truck off the road, but it was also funny too.we all sat around and had a laugh, (that was after i got tackled to the ground and ruffed up by my friends.) i know, i deserved it.lol

Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Redneckryder
Tuned
my chevy lumina broke down, so i bought my 79 F150 off my friend....it had issues...the light switch would overheat and shut the headlights off, but he had kc daylighters to use when that happened was running one manifold, one header, 2 foot of pipe and a cherry bomb off each one, no tail lights, one brake light,etc etc. I was bringing my truck home, and i figured down the highway would be safe because state police shift change was about that time, so i thought i would be safe.....until the county sheriff sat on the highway and pulled me over...He told me he didnt have enough tickets in his book to write me all the violations my truck had, and he didnt want to endanger a tow truck driver by asking him to touch my truck-afraid he would need a tetanus shot he said--, so i was to take it home and never drive it until i got everything fixed.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
fmc400
MSEE
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 05-18-2010, 11:19 PM
vtjvt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i guess all the picture threads, how much is it worth, and such are ok but this one is not??

Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
fmc400
MSEE
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by vtjvt
So i guess all the picture threads, how much is it worth, and such are ok but this one is not??
I knew I'd get backlash for this. Tell me then, what's the point of having different forums? Or having stickies at the top?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 AM
79 f-150 guy
Elder User
i had just got my 79 2wd and my brother wanted to take it out.. so we waited to about midnight knowing there was a 5 year old inspection on it and it had badly dryrotted tires and little brakes. anyway we get it out on te back roads and are having fun, then outa nowhere it mad backfired and blue both thrush turbo's apart. we tried to start it but the battery died fast becouse the alternater was week. so at about 1:00ish in the moring we called my cousing up the street and had him come flat tow up back to his house, found out it blew the power valve in the carb apart. pulled the carb apart nd put in a 20 year old rebuiuld kit for a motorcraft 2brl he had in his garage.. got it running again and drove it home with blown out mufflers.

one more, maybe a month after that after i put a 4v on t and had cut the olf mufflers off "basikly open headers now" we decide to drive it about 8-10 miles to my buddies shop. this was 3:30pm when the school was letting out. anyway we got stuck in traffic still very illegal and she overheated cause i had a cheap electric fan in it that stopped working.. had to push it off the road, walk 3-4 miles to my buddies shop, and have him bring his rollback down and haul it to my house....

Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 AM
79 f-150 guy
Elder User
o, also one time the cheap mr gasket shifter jamed up in 3rd gear and had to drive it the last 3 miles or so to my house stuck in 3rd. it filled the whole cab with smoke from the burning clutch, but was able to pull out in 3rd..

COME TO THINK OF IT, THIS TRUCK AINT VERY LUCKY..

Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
73FordF100
Elder User
Originally Posted by 79 f-150 guy
o, also one time the cheap mr gasket shifter jamed up in 3rd gear and had to drive it the last 3 miles or so to my house stuck in 3rd. it filled the whole cab with smoke from the burning clutch, but was able to pull out in 3rd..

COME TO THINK OF IT, THIS TRUCK AINT VERY LUCKY..
Man that sucks! Sounds like you need a Hurst shifter . I've only had one problem with my Hurst shifter. My dad was driving and we were pulling out of an intersection and we started out in first and then he shifted it into second and he forced it into second kinda hard causing it to bind up , so we pulled over and it took like 5 minutes to get it unbinded . The Hurst shifters are good but they are kinda touchy when it come to shifting into second gear if you really force it into gear, you really just have to ease it into second gear that is if you only have a 3-speed.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Carver Speed
Senior User
Back in the eighty's I was coming home after last call, quite **** faced I am sure, taking the back roads so I wouldn't get busted, driving an 75 F250 w/ full time 4X4, well I came to the Collinsville bridge and it was closed, happens to be cowpath next to it, this river is like 70 ft below the bridge, oh yeah! down and in I go, still running but the cab is filling as I go across, the other bank is like a wicked climb out and the current is pushing the truck down stream at the same time, I swear it must have been full throttle by now and the mother clawed her way out of there! I got home that night, that was an awesume truck! I quit drinking shortly after that!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM
79 f-150 guy
Elder User
Originally Posted by jazzyjeff
Back in the eighty's I was coming home after last call, quite **** faced I am sure, taking the back roads so I wouldn't get busted, driving an 75 F250 w/ full time 4X4, well I came to the Collinsville bridge and it was closed, happens to be cowpath next to it, this river is like 70 ft below the bridge, oh yeah! down and in I go, still running but the cab is filling as I go across, the other bank is like a wicked climb out and the current is pushing the truck down stream at the same time, I swear it must have been full throttle by now and the mother clawed her way out of there! I got home that night, that was an awesume truck! I quit drinking shortly after that!
awsome.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
vtjvt
Elder User
Originally Posted by fmc400
I knew I'd get backlash for this. Tell me then, what's the point of having different forums? Or having stickies at the top?
Don't get me wrong, I can see your point, I just find it funny that some posts are ok and some aren't. No big deal really we are all here to share, learn, and mabye find some humor now and then