1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Duratrac pics and review!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goodyear Duratrac pics and review!!

So everyone,
after researching and bickering with the wife, i got my new duratracs. 315/75R16's on stock lariat wheels. I got the set of four, tax and shipping to my door in three days for $913.00 online at performancepart4trucks.com. Got a 5% military discount too!! I comptenplated getting aftermarket wheels but glad i didnt because the backspacing would have made them rub the leaf springs even more.

here are some comparison pics.
Old 285's, they were down to the wear bars.

New duratracs. sorry it's not the rear like the previous photo. I didnt think!

Havent had them on that long, but here's what i've been able to gather so far.

The good:
1. These tires look great!! they give the truck a totally different stance than before.
2. They are incredibly quiet for as knobby as they are.
3. They seem to have nice smooth ride to them.

The not so good:
1. They do rub my leaf springs at full lock
2. They also have a considerable amount of roll to them.
Both of these i was expecting. i don't really mind them rubbing the leaf spring. maybe an excuse down the road to get a small lift and switch to coil over suspension. as far as the tire roll goes, i'm guessing because theyre on the stock wheels. it does effect the handling but not too much, but i'm not driving a race car either. and this is something i can change with aftermarket wheels if i choose to. I will post more findings as i feel. (mileage, offroad, wet traction, wear, etc.)

Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I have the same tires, but in a 275. So far i have about 8k on em.

Mud traction: 9
Snow: 9
wet: 7

So far i love the traction these tires have. I needed a mud tire while having good snow traction and so far these do the job. I use to have BFG a/ts and i feel that the duratracs get better traction in the snow.. But the only down side is that i have 8k on the tires and they are more then half way worn down.. and i paid 1300 for mind since i have 18's. Now i deff dont do burn outs but i tow 8k every day and i dont know if thatd make a diff in tire life. Nor do i take sharp turns. My tires get rotated every 4k to. So to the OP, Please let me know how your tires last for you because my goodyear dealership (where i bought the tires from) are aware/documented the fact that im already half way threw my tires usuable life. BTW i put the tires on 1.5 months ago. Also btw your rig looks sharp!! Like the way the 315s fill in your gap. How much of a lift do you have?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
i only have a front end leveling kit.

i hope mine wear well. that sucks to hear about yours.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When you say they have considerable roll to them, so you mean they feel soft? Make sure you max the front tires out to the rated 65psi. Mostly its due to the wheels being too narrow for the tire.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
clintusaf
Elder User
I can tell there is more body roll at higher speeds and yes they do feel kinda soft. i'll be getting some new wheels down the road but the stockers will have to do for now. ill have to check the psi and make sure they are at 65 too. thanks.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 AM
HuntsDucks70
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow! huge difference, your truck looks great!!!!!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
SBastow
Senior User
That is one bad a** lookin truck!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
PatF250
Junior User
Looks Great!!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Rugby3
Elder User
That's a sharp looking truck and those tires really changed the appearance.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:37 PM
bunklash
Elder User
Yup, great looking rig. But what I wanna know is what was the bickering with the wife about??? Let me guess, she wanted Toyos???

Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm aways amazed how much a nice set of tires sets off a truck. Looks awesome. Makes me want to go burn through my stockers so I can upgrade.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
Originally Posted by bunklash
Yup, great looking rig. But what I wanna know is what was the bickering with the wife about??? Let me guess, she wanted Toyos???
no not that. i wish!! i would have put on toyo m/t's if they werent so damn expensive!! my wife doesnt really understand the phrase " you get what you pay for" sometimes. she thinks i should be buying another cheap set with no traction.

I think after seeing these tires perform, she may see the light. After the tornado tore through bossier about 6 months ago, we went out into a field by our house in the truck looking for some lost patio cushions that blew away. the ground was so saturated and i didnt realize it. we went to turn around and my truck just sank. went to back up and the truck didnt move. my wife looked at me horrified! it was kinda funny cause we were only about 500 yards away from the house, so i dont know why she was so scared. i did get it unstuck by rocking it back and forth from drive to reverse. i know with these, ill have a much tougher time getting stuck and i think she will feel safer knowing that we have traction if the need arises.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by clintusaf
I can tell there is more body roll at higher speeds and yes they do feel kinda soft. i'll be getting some new wheels down the road but the stockers will have to do for now. ill have to check the psi and make sure they are at 65 too. thanks.
Thanks, and ya i hope that if mine go bad soon that they replace em.

Whatd you get D or E rated? I got E rated and they dont feel soft but i keep em aired to 80 psi

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
Thanks, and ya i hope that if mine go bad soon that they replace em.

Whatd you get D or E rated? I got E rated and they dont feel soft but i keep em aired to 80 psi
mine are e rated as well, but at 65psi. Are yours rated for 80psi?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Thats what it said on the side of the tire. Check yours. I keep em aired to 80 and they seem realllyyy stiff. But since i tow every day and rarely take my trailer off my truck i have a reason to keep em aired to 80 psi 24/7

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratrac pics and review!!