Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to sit level

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
Looks good BC, I like the ride height.

Those are the best wheels for our trucks, Cadillac.
I'm going to have to disagree. They look good, yes, but I prefer chrome or white wagon wheels, depending on the paint scheme.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 AM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 15x10's I'm putting on are old wagon wheels that were all rusted up so I painted them aluminum. We'll see if that style works with that paint. Hoping to pick up tires today.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:20 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman
I'm going to have to disagree. They look good, yes, but I prefer chrome or white wagon wheels, depending on the paint scheme.
There is nothing wrong with the wagon wheel in chrome form. The white ones only look good on white trucks.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
There is nothing wrong with the wagon wheel in chrome form. The white ones only look good on white trucks.
And the argent(?) ones look good under almost any other paint, providing the bumper is the same color. I thought it would be amusing to color match them, my rear diff color, and my grille/light surrounds to some totally different color than the rest of the truck for shock value.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
cadillacmob
Elder User
Looks good BC, I like the ride height.

Those are the best wheels for our trucks, Cadillac.
I agree with ya 100% . i dont lik like the older stile ones as much , like whats on my 1992 flareside. I paid 80 for a set of 4 from someone off craigslist

Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 PM
xc4jokestomper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just wanna make sure im getting all my facts together here.

if you get the coil spring spacers for the front do you keep the stock ride quality? and do you need an alignment after you put on one?

any advantages/disadbantages of new springs vs. spacers?

im trying to raise the front of my truck up about 2 inches then probably going to add a leaf to the back.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 AM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Spacers & Springs require and alignment. I believe ride quality is about the same with a spacer or aftermarket springs. I think most aftermarket springs have a spring rate around 400 or so. If you get f250 springs, expect a firmer ride.

Springs will alow your suspension to flex more, a spacer just adds height.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:45 AM
marshpoprock
Freshman User
Any updates with pictures? I want 32's , but want to see a leveled truck with 33's, preferrably a regular cab long bed.

I'm another looking to level their truck. I never really thought my truck had the slope to front until I had to replace the rear springs (if your truck bounces like a low rider, bad things happen to rear springs) because I had a leaf break off each side. I upgraded from 4 ply to 5 ply. I got used heavy duty springs that still had the aftermarket sticker on them. Once the rear springs and shocks were done, I noticed the rear up a good four inches from previous. Now with the 235's on the back, they look like donut spares. Originally, when I needed new tires, I was goin go with 31's. But the wife did the mistake of saying I could get a leveling kit . In which I'm now undecided what to get, thanks guys

Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by marshpoprock
Any updates with pictures? I want 32's , but want to see a leveled truck with 33's, preferrably a regular cab long bed.

I'm another looking to level their truck. I never really thought my truck had the slope to front until I had to replace the rear springs (if your truck bounces like a low rider, bad things happen to rear springs) because I had a leaf break off each side. I upgraded from 4 ply to 5 ply. I got used heavy duty springs that still had the aftermarket sticker on them. Once the rear springs and shocks were done, I noticed the rear up a good four inches from previous. Now with the 235's on the back, they look like donut spares. Originally, when I needed new tires, I was goin go with 31's. But the wife did the mistake of saying I could get a leveling kit . In which I'm now undecided what to get, thanks guys
Skyfox's truck with 32s and stock suspension on the 4wd looks perfect.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:07 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Texas, If I ever plan on selling this truck. I'm going to hire you as my salesman. You know a good truck when you see one. But don't plan on it being sold while I've still got my license.

Here is a pic with my truck on 32x11.5R15's with stock 4x4 height.

Here is a couple pics of my truck on Jack stands to kinda simulate a leveling.

I still haven't bitten the bullet yet.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM
marshpoprock
Freshman User
I don't know why, but at first glance I thought the Eddie Bauer was a short bed. Now that I opened my eyes, I see skyfox's truck is a long bed. I like the stance of the semi-leveled with the 32's pictures. I don't want the tires to looked stuffed under the truck. 32's it is, and slightly cheaper than the 33's. Now it's just spacers or springs

Skyfox10, that is one fine looking rig you got there. Especially from Michigan. I'm in western Pa, my truck doesn't look near that nice. I bought it because of the mileage. If it didn't have 45,000 for a 95, I won't of thought about. The 2k price tag wasn't to bad either, atleast I didn't think so at the time. Mine is just a work in process.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
It is a short bed.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:06 AM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
It's funny you saw it as a long bed. When I bought it, I thought it was a long bed from the pictures. I actually flew out to get it and my jaw dropped when I saw it in real life.

I almost changed my mind on the sale. I now love the short bed. I think part of it in this case might be the wide angle lens I was using. You can see the last pic with the garage in the background looks a bit distorted.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 AM
cadillacmob
Elder User
Originally Posted by skyfox10
It's funny you saw it as a long bed. When I bought it, I thought it was a long bed from the pictures. I actually flew out to get it and my jaw dropped when I saw it in real life.

I almost changed my mind on the sale. I now love the short bed. I think part of it in this case might be the wide angle lens I was using. You can see the last pic with the garage in the background looks a bit distorted.

Hey skyfox, i still have not forgotten about you, After some unexpected expenses i put off levelin my truck, so i purchased the daystar leveling kit a few days ago and have recieved them in the mail yesterday. The 2 inch spacers. I cant wait to see my truck leveled like we talked about before. Im going to be puttin them on tuesday at school. Ill post pics if everythin goes as plannned for tuesday

Old 10-17-2010, 12:46 AM
danger-ranger93
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well here is an option not many know about.. http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50028+2028020 i did it on my truck, it sits level, i origanaly wanted a "leveling kit" but i had to have my truck up and running that afternoon and i had a broke spring on the pass side, so i got these thinking they were just OEM replacement, but when i got them in it leveled out to my surrpise!
i do need an alignment but i needed one before i did this, before i had some negitave camber from spring sag and now i have just a touch of positive.. these are heavy duty springs, but my truck has no swaybars and before it had the worst body roll i have ever felt, now with these it fells like my '87 that had front and rear swaybars..
before:
after HD springs:

Quick Reply: How to sit level