Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Senior User

Thistle3595 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Covers and truck racks

Is there a cover made for a Super Duty that a truck rack is able to be used? It appears that all the covers I've seen cover the bed rail holes the rack fits into. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Junior User

T.Mainus is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you say cover are you talking cap or like a roll up tonneau cover? Truck rack meaning ladder rack? I have a ladder rack for my truck that fits around the cap, but I am not sure that is what you are looking for.

Tom
Old 03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Senior User

The holes in the bed rail are the retangle shaped stake holders that a ladder rack or a full sized work rack, where you can load ladders, plywood, etc. will set into. I would like to find a cover that I can still use these stake holders and the cover at the same time. I looks like most of them cover up at least some of the hole, which makes them useless.

I'm not looking for one of the fiberglass lids, we need to open the bed up too many times and carry things that just wouldn't fit without taking off the lid. I would prefer a roll up type system such as a Roll N Lock or a Retrax but will go to a tonneau cover such as a Truxedo if it fit the bill.

Does that help or is this description still too vague?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Junior User

T.Mainus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ryder Racks - Aluminum Ladder Racks for Trucks

The link is the guy that made my ladder rack. It fits around my cap and is bolted to the truck. I can remove the cap without taking the ladder rack off of the truck. I don't see why it would not work. He custom makes them to fit your needs. His work is top notch and he is not that far from you. He made mine and shipped it to WI. If you click on my avatar, I have more pictures of my truck with the rack so you can see how he made it.

Tom
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior User

Tom, I think this will work just fine for what I am wanting. Also, I like the way you have your work truck set up. Looks great and functional too. Thanks for the link.

Bill
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
235000, cover, f150, ford, full, ladder, miles, motor, notch, rack, rackit, racks, size, tonneau, truck