1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

FYI!!! CHECK THIS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI!!! CHECK THIS

i ordered my tiregate today!! they're finished with the prototype, bob said he finished the last fitting test today, you can preorder them and save 200 bucks!! they are the pre runner style tiregates and they are awesome!! give them a call if your interested!! save while you can they get pretty high at full price!

TireGate.com - The Ultimate Spare Tire Carriers!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
timberjack
Senior User
If you don't mind my asking, what's the ball park for the one you ordered?

Looks good, i like the VT series style, would be the most useful to me. I don't see one for the OBS rigs though. Have often thought of fabbing something like that myself. Actually started on one for my 79 Bronco, but the whole project fell by the wayside about 15 years back, before i even got to the cutting and welding phase. lol

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
timberjack
Senior User
Whoops, double post for some reason. edited

Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
think its about 650 if you get it right now, im sure it wont be on their website for a while, like i said he just got finished with the last fit test today

Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Duradan
Senior User
Originally Posted by timberjack
If you don't mind my asking, what's the ball park for the one you ordered?

Looks good, i like the VT series style, would be the most useful to me. I don't see one for the OBS rigs though. Have often thought of fabbing something like that myself. Actually started on one for my 79 Bronco, but the whole project fell by the wayside about 15 years back, before i even got to the cutting and welding phase. lol
What is the purpose of this? your truck is lifted as it is... we have diesel truck's, not pre-runner's... Mount the spare where it is supposed to go, or just through it in the bed with a chain around it since it looks like you got 35's or something if it doesnt fit under the bed.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 AM
timberjack
Senior User
Well, I'm lacking on bed space. I have a deep tool chest, against the front of the bed, a 100 gallon diesel slip tank behind that in between the wheel wells. In the remaining 4' of bed space i carry more hand tools, chainsaws, a Honda generator in the winter, and various supplies at times. Occasionally a Lincoln Ranger welder, oxy/acet tanks, torches, and gas air compressor for the arcair or plasma cutter. Though, i'm in the process of building a dedicated service trailer to keep the welding equipment on permanently, and ready to roll at short notice.

I long since removed the underbed carrier, actually I had to cut it off the last time i needed the spare since it was seized up from the salt used on our roads. Actually I don't carry a spare at all right now. I just carry a repair kit, and 12v viair compressor. Did that for the past couple years, but i did have a blowout recently, and ruined the tire beyond roadside repair, so been planning to start carrying a spare again.

Even with the discount, it's a bit more than i'd expect. Would probably build my own if i wanted one. More likely, i'd probably build an aluminum flatdeck to get more useable room, and mount the spare on to a cantilevered bracket up above the cab.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Duradan
What is the purpose of this? your truck is lifted as it is... we have diesel truck's, not pre-runner's... Mount the spare where it is supposed to go, or just through it in the bed with a chain around it since it looks like you got 35's or something if it doesnt fit under the bed.
why are ***** good? why is the sky blue? why do you want to run 14's in a stock injector'd truck? why do i want to build the engine in mine and step it up to around 600-650hp?? Just because!!! LoL. basically it's all in personal preference. personally, i don't like those gates, but for someone with 37's or larger who doesn't want their spare just jumping around the back of the truck this is perfect.. pretty cool idea really, never seen this on a pick up before. LoL

Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
well i needed a tailgate anyways, and Im not going to find one used that doesnt need paint and bodywork, and a new one is high dollar and will need to be painted too, so either way it would be expensive, and also i bought my set of wheels from this guy a while back and he had 5 of them, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone, i think you will all be highly surprised just how sick its gonna look, FYI you can mount it inboard or out for more bedspace...

Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Duradan
Senior User
Originally Posted by bigsmokey97
well i needed a tailgate anyways, and Im not going to find one used that doesnt need paint and bodywork, and a new one is high dollar and will need to be painted too, so either way it would be expensive, and also i bought my set of wheels from this guy a while back and he had 5 of them, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone, i think you will all be highly surprised just how sick its gonna look, FYI you can mount it inboard or out for more bedspace...
Oh gotcha, i guess if it is cheaper that would make sense, and since it looks like all the tubing is black it would match your truck's "theme" nicely... I just have never been a fan of the truck looking "good" im all about performance baby

Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
well i hear what your sayin, im in the process of fixin everything to include dressin it up a bit, it was a pretty nasty lookin truck before i started on it... who says i cant have my cake and eat it too

Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
I like it, I would put one on my F150, when I get it jacked up and need to carry a big spare.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 PM
bigsmokey97
Senior User
better get it now while they're cheap(er)

Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Lol I barely got the money to fill up the diesel just a little.....

Old 02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Duradan
Senior User
Originally Posted by bigsmokey97
well i hear what your sayin, im in the process of fixin everything to include dressin it up a bit, it was a pretty nasty lookin truck before i started on it... who says i cant have my cake and eat it too
I like the overall look of the truck, love how your keepin the powdercoated/black theme... (at least im callin it that) lol... Personally I keepin the chrome wheels, chrome bumpers... I love the two tone color's on our OBS trucks...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
RedOnRedPowerStroke
Freshman User
Looks like some nice products - Made In The USA!