Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior User

welfarewagon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Give me your opinion about this add on

I am thinking about getting this rear spoiler but wanted some opinions
Amazon.com: 3dCarbon 691561 07-09 Ford Expedition, 07-09 Lincoln Navigator Rear Hatch Roof Spoiler

.http://www.octanemotorsports.com/popup_image.php?pID=12573ℑ=1

Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior User

gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think it looks ok. I'd like to see a side profile pic, but it's nice looking. If you like it, get it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Senior User

hjsimpson is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like it.... How much is that going for and where? If you don't mind me asking.
Quote:
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill
Old 01-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Senior User

gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
HJ, it was listed on Amazon's site at $269 when I looked at it yesterday afternoon.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
HJ, it was listed on Amazon's site at $269 when I looked at it yesterday afternoon.
A bit steep for a cosmetic item, especially when it still needs to be painted.. looks nice though.. if you get it post some pics!
Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not my cup of tea. Having a pro shop paint it will be $100 and up. I would spend the money on speakers or back up camera, etc.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:03 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
I would avoid it for the air flow factor.

usually manufacturers put a spoiler up there to force air down onto the rear glass to blow rain/water off of it.

doesn't look bad though. not sure I like the idea of basically $400 for a tiny part like that
Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
I think it looks ok. I'd like to see a side profile pic, but it's nice looking. If you like it, get it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.
x2, but personally it looks boring, and certainly not worth the hundreds, plus the holes in an area that will be prone to leaking in the future, and if it is just stick on, I would run the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/55407.png
Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Senior User

Does anyone know if a spoiler from an older Expy will fit? Not sure if there is any physical change in the rear tailgate.
Quote:
Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
The mounting area is plastic. I know 'cuz I've got a spoiler in the garage the past three year and never put it on. Was hoping airflow would help keep the glass clean, but the mounting doesn't seem too secure.

-- Chuck
Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
The mounting area is plastic. I know 'cuz I've got a spoiler in the garage the past three year and never put it on. Was hoping airflow would help keep the glass clean, but the mounting doesn't seem too secure.

-- Chuck

Is yours Ford OEM? and is it black?
Quote:
Old 05-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know the spoiler isn't OEM but it is black, which is fine as my truck is the same color. Brackets required drilling two holes on each side and I've passed for not. Maybe this summer?

The aftermarket spoiler on my Explorer glued on and has been there since 2002. Not sure how clean it keeps the back window, but it makes finding the truck in a parking lot a lot easier.

-- Chuck
Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 AM
New User

PastorTramp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I dig it. It's pretty clean looking. Honestly, I thought spoiler? no way it's gonna look good. But that's not bad... I too would like to see a profile shot though.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Senior User

welfarewagon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Link to the company who makes a body kit for our Expy's You can scroll over the images to get a small side view of the spoiler.

Amazon.com: 3dCarbon 691560 07-10 Ford Expedition 6-Piece Ground Effects Kit w/ Rear Spoiler: Automotive
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
It will look too much like the back of a Toyota Sequoia (sp). But it still adds a nice line.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator