Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Red face Forgive me my brothers, for I have sinned

I bought a Dodge with a Cummins My slightly overloaded 94 F250 is starting to show signs of wear and the deal was too good to pass up. A running 95 3500 HD with a 12' tool bed on it for $500, just needs transmission repair and a clutch.Well, it needs more than that to be a useable service truck, but that is the major issues. I guess I'll have to show up at the meets in the 53 for sure now

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what a sad day in arkansas. repent brother! return to the fold.

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 01-21-2010, 06:06 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Dang, I just threw up a little in my mouth. All the same.....I hope the cumapart works out for ya buddy. Or at the very least, I hope it teaches you a lesson or two. lol
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
But, But, but............ I just couldn't pass up on the deal. I work on equipment on a regular basis that runs this engine, sorry to say it, but I like them. Seldom do the engines give problems, they just like to mark their spot like an old Detroit I'll always own some sort of Ford, my 53 isn't going anywhere. I also own a Ford powered 53 ****** Jeep.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:22 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Its ok, atleast its not a Duramax.. Then we'd be rushing down there for an exorcism.

As Hannah would say, "Is that a stinkie ol Dodge?"

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
at least its not a Duramax..
As my dear departed Dad would say " I won't let a chebbie sit in my yard and rust"

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
But, But, but............ I just couldn't pass up on the deal. I work on equipment on a regular basis that runs this engine, sorry to say it, but I like them. Seldom do the engines give problems, they just like to mark their spot like an old Detroit I'll always own some sort of Ford, my 53 isn't going anywhere. I also own a Ford powered 53 ****** Jeep.
But you didn't have to tell us...

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
But, But, but............ I just couldn't pass up on the deal. I work on equipment on a regular basis that runs this engine, sorry to say it, but I like them.
I like them too.....my issue is with the crappy old dodge trucks wrapped around them. Oooh..oooh oooh.......put the 5.9 in the F-truck.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
Oooh..oooh oooh.......put the 5.9 in the F-truck.
Problem is the F250 is just too light, it is overloaded already. I have about given up on the RV repair and back to turning wrenches on heavy equipment again, so I am in need of a bigger truck again.
This Dodge is actually one where they adressed the main problems, it has the straight front axle. Now if it just had the later 6 speed trans it would be much better. The NV4500 has been an ongoing problem since the truck was put into service. I have built it twice in 150K and it is gutted again.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Does that mean you have a history with this one?

A twelve-foot service bed ALONE is worth the $500.

Did this truck start out life as a cab-n-chassis?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Does that mean you have a history with this one?

A twelve-foot service bed ALONE is worth the $500.

Did this truck start out life as a cab-n-chassis?

Pop
I bought the truck from a customer.he bought it with 100K on the clock and the transmission sitting in the back. It now has 255K on it and this is the 3rd time the trans has swarmed. They have used it to pull some heavy loads and the truck weighed in around 17.5K alone. It is far from being a creampuff, many drivers have used and abused it. The tool bed is in need of repair, but it is salvageable. I haven't even brought it home yet, will get it here and decide if it is worth fixing or just part it out.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
I haven't even brought it home yet, will get it here and decide if it is worth fixing or just part it out.
Ya need a hand gettin it home ?? I haven't worked Big Red in a while Click the image to open in full size.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Junior User

jrjudd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't feel bad sometimes necessity makes us do crazy things.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM