Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Elder User

dixiemudder04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
looking at an edge, need input

It is an 07 edge se, 26,353 miles. I noticed that its awd. They are trying to sale it to us for 18995. Does this sound like a deal? Certified pre-owned and comes with 5yr 100k powertrain, remote start. It's redfire metallic with camel interior. My only drawback is the trunk looks small. We are going from an 06 taurus. Is the trunk space about the same? Any major problems with them?
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Oops. Double post. Stupid blackberry!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Just bought an '09 awd sel today with 20k miles for $21k. Coming from '02 taurus sel. Yes the trunk seems a little smaller. Didn't measure it, but the edge seems to have more usable space than the taurus.
Also was looking at '08 taurus x sel with 26k miles awd. Price was $18.5k. Also certified. Rode smoother over expansion joints than edge, but we don't need 3rd row seat.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Junior User

Primetime1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just check an Oasis report - if it has had PTU issues - run. My 08 has been in 4 times for PTU seal leak. It is a problem in 07, 08, and 09 for sure. If it is FWD, disregard, but the PTu is probably the biggest issue with Edge, TaurusX, Flex out there. Ford unfortunately has no real fix for it. Other than that, we love the car, just the PTU is junk.
64 Ranchero
04 Harley Softail
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Elder User

dixiemudder04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the ford dealer said that nothing was on the oasis. My only concern is that it was a rental
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Junior User

That's funny - so was mine... Actually, my oasis was clean as well(car was 6 months old with 7500 miles on it). I'm sure you'll probably be fine if the problem hasn't shown up yet. I just hate seeing anybody have to go through what I'm going through - every time the temp drops, it leaks. Ford says basically it isn't their problem as they don't repair cars, just manufacture them, and the dealer says it really isn't their problem as it is Fords product, not theirs. A bunch of BS from both sides if you ask me - it's a Ford dealer and a Ford product - sure they are repairing under warranty over and over again, but who knows what other problems I'll wind up with from it beign torn down and put back together so many times. I've been sctircly a Ford advocate for years, but this is enough to make me dump the company for good.
64 Ranchero
04 Harley Softail
Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Senior User

captaineddie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What's a PTU. We have an '07 AWD with 26K on the odometer. So far, the car has been pretty much flawless.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Junior User

PTU is basically like a transfer case that engages the rear wheels on the AWD models. The right seal has a tendancy to leak - especially in cold weather causing a burning rubber/fluid smell in the cab - and leaks on the ground.
64 Ranchero
04 Harley Softail
Old 01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Posting Guru

merlynr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bought a used 07 Edge last summer and so far so good. It's the fwd SEL plus. 2 little nagging things; 1. sometimes when u hit remote unlock the drivers door button goes up and immediately drops. May take 2-3 times for it to stay up. 2. It doesn't remember driver seating positioning icw mirrors. I don't drive it much, so that's not a problem. Wife has discovered the remote start feature and is using it when not really needed.
edit. meant driver 2 position of mirrors.
07 Edge SEL+ fwd

Last edited by merlynr; 01-23-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

Ours is a former rental as well. I am not concerned about this, as they are usually taken better care of, maintenance wise.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
2007, 4wd, burning, cab, edge, f250, fix, ford, fwd, leak, leaking, mkx, problem, problems, ptu, rubber, smell