Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

please read this...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 02:30 AM
RBrendel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please read this...

there is a topic in the general conversation forum dealing with Pearl Harbor. there has been jokes made about the alamo and about texans and i posted a good reply explaining the happenings, if anybody would like to back me up please feel free to post in the topic as well. thanks.

Old 12-09-2002, 06:11 AM
bentkey
Senior User
please read this...

I posted that. I was not comparing Pearl Harbor to the Alamo. How that started was not intentional guess we gotta take colorado back?

Old 12-09-2002, 10:24 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
please read this...

We don't want Colorado back unless we can go in and get rid of all those transplanted Californians that moved there to get away from all those other Californians. That place is full of liberal democrat tree huggers. We have enough problems without looking for more. Did you ever mention to a Coloradoan, who went through the school system there, that the central portion of that state used to be Texas? All you will get is a blank stare and then a strong denial. I love to bring this up right after a local spouts off about all those d@#@# Texans. Those people are really suffering though this year with all the fires and drought keeping the tourists away. You would think that they would appreciate where their income comes from. (And some do). My brother in law (and best friend) lives there. He said they could really see a hit on their economy this year. I love to visit there but I sure hate to get bad mouthed by the locals. The most outspoken are usually 'locals' who haven't been there very long. I have quit hunting there because of the high priced license fees.

Old 12-10-2002, 12:48 PM
AggiePSD
Elder User
please read this...

Old 12-10-2002, 08:07 PM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please read this...

I drove through there once on my way back from Oregon. I dont care to go back. The only thing there I saw that I liked was a lil honey serving sandwiches in a truck stop.

Old 12-11-2002, 03:01 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

please read this...

Went to Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek. Went gambling at Cripple Creek. I didn't win but my ex did. Not bad country and lots of old cars and trucks. I didn't talk to anyone there really but my ex told me he got asked if he was from Tx. I'd'a popped off something to them like I did in Florida Freshman year of HS when they asked me the same question. That was in April and we went to the falls and climbing around the mountains and stuff. Wouldn't want to live there either I don't think even with all the huge junkyards!

Thanx!
Connie (only Ford luvr in the family!)

'79 f100 "Silver Ghost" (my baby)
'83 f100 "The Ford" (my first)
'85 f150 "Old Blue" (my next project)

Old 12-12-2002, 12:24 PM
RockyMtnF250
Senior User
please read this...

66 Ranger, I hear what you are saying. I used to be a manager at a ski lodge, we had a lots of Texans stay with us, once in a while I would hear seasonal employees (usually from out of state) say d@#@# Texans, I would tell them that but for the grace of them vacationing there that the lazy ski bum would not have a job and would have to go home. I would not allow that attitude by the people that I worked with. BTW you can have Boulder and Denver any time you want if it is up to me (full of transplanted liberal democrat tree huggers) LOL. The DOW dropped the out of state price back on cow elk tags, I hope they do the same on bull tags, the real money does not come from license fees but the dollars spent here for supplies, gas and other hunting essentials. I have a brother that lives near Grapeland, I like to visit him and go to Galveston. The western part of Colorado is totally different than the Front Range and lots of great 4 wheeling. I enjoy checking out the Texas Chapter Forum and I hope that you do not mind my response.

Wes

Old 12-12-2002, 06:57 PM
66 Ranger
Elder User
please read this...

RockyMtnF250;
There are lots of really good people in Colorado and I really like to visit there. It just seems like every time we go up, we run into some arrogant a@# who has to spout off. You are right about the western part being different than the eastern slope. The Ouray, Silverton, Telluride area is terrific for scenery and all that. I heard that the elk season was a real disaster this year with an additional season planned for this month. I still can't go, darn it. I know I came off as being rather harsh towards some of the 'natives' but they need to understand where their bread is buttered and who is buttering it. I know you understand. We are glad to have you visit our forum.