1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Vent Window Pivot Post

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 05:17 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Vent Window Pivot Post

Currently installing the door weather strip kit, in the process of removing the vent window from the frame the window pivot post broke away from the frame, I intend removing the glass to determine if I can rivet a replacement in it's place.

My question: searched various Ford part supplier's and although not a particular fan of LMC it appears they are the only supplier who offers the vent window pivot post? Thought I would check to see if a member(s) have experienced with their replacement, seems $20 is kinda pricey??

Comment, Suggestions appreciated!!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:49 PM
bphirt1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vent Window Pivot Post

Originally Posted by daveengelson
Currently installing the door weather strip kit, in the process of removing the vent window from the frame the window pivot post broke away from the frame, I intend removing the glass to determine if I can rivet a replacement in it's place.

My question: searched various Ford part supplier's and although not a particular fan of LMC it appears they are the only supplier who offers the vent window pivot post? Thought I would check to see if a member(s) have experienced with their replacement, seems $20 is kinda pricey??

Comment, Suggestions appreciated!!
Hello. I had same issue a few weeks back on my drivers side, but mine was broken off when I bought my 66. From what I found was that no one sells the pivot post because it is part of the frame. You have to buy the frame from a place like LMC. Then you have to get your original glass out which might be worth buying a new one because it is cheap. I was lucky to find a used one with glass on eBay. Mine was also missing the pivot arm which no one makes. I was able to get that part from one of the members on the site. Hopefully someone else on here has better news.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:31 AM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Appreciate the information. On a number of occasions I have found what the Ford part supplier has listed in their catalog does not mean they carry the item. Rather than pay for the vent window frame I was hoping to purchase just the pivot post; referring to item #6. I placed the item in the cart but Intend calling them tomorrow to confirm? It has been several years since salvaging the vent window pivot post on my other 65 and seem to recall had a heck of a time figuring out how to get the rivet to anchor the post to the frame, worry about that if able to obtain the part.

Again, I thank you!

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/865w/0019.jpg

Old 02-25-2016, 06:07 AM
bphirt1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vent Window Pivot Post

Originally Posted by daveengelson
Appreciate the information. On a number of occasions I have found what the Ford part supplier has listed in their catalog does not mean they carry the item. Rather than pay for the vent window frame I was hoping to purchase just the pivot post; referring to item #6. I placed the item in the cart but Intend calling them tomorrow to confirm? It has been several years since salvaging the vent window pivot post on my other 65 and seem to recall had a heck of a time figuring out how to get the rivet to anchor the post to the frame, worry about that if able to obtain the part.

Again, I thank you!

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/865w/0019.jpg
My fault. I was talking about the part that is attached to item #1. It is part of the frame where the swing hook sits in. Good luck

Old 02-25-2016, 11:19 AM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Not a problem!!
For info purposes: Spoke with LMC sales person and confirmed they did have the item in-stock. Decided to hold off on purchasing the pivot post, fairly certain I will be able to salvage a spare but I did purchase the other vent window components.