2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse Help

Ok I was wiring in my puddle lamps on my tow mirrors. Everything was working great. I made sure they were working before I put the door panels back on. Well everything was working and my radio was on. I put the passanger door panel on and it was ok. Well I went to put the drivers side on and as I put it back in place it knicked the wire I just installed and killed the power to the radio, interior lights, insturment panel and I dont know what else. Does anyone know what fuse this is. Im tryinig to look right now but maybe someone knows. It happened to me before but I had to take it to the dealer so I let them fix it while it was there anyways.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Does anyone know? I cant seem to find it in the owners manual. Or is it a relay?

Old 04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
4playin
Junior User
I think they are all on seperate fuses if i'm reading mine right. #1 iswipers and instrument cluster #7 might be the radio. the fuse list starts at page 195 in the owners manual. i don't know if this will help you

Old 04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Ya thats what I seen too. I pulled them but they looked good. Maybe I was seeing things. I will pull them again. Also the dinger that dings when the key is in and the door is open that dont work either. I cant roll my window up now and the others wont go down. This is making me mad. Everything was working till I went to put the stupid door panel back on.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
4playin
Junior User
Ya I know what you mean, nothing can go easy or the way you want it to go. I'm not sure what else to look for. I would check all of the fuses just to see if you can find a bad one. I know that would suck to do that but it might be worth something. Just a thought

Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Ya I was thinking of that. I just dont have the patience but I guess I will have to. If I cant figure it out its going in tomorrow. Hopefully it wont take to long. I stopped at one local dealer a little bit ago to see if they could tell me something but now I remeber why I dont go there anymore. They were not helpful and they said it can cost any where from 42 bucks to 120 depending how easy it is. Im like ya no thats my last resort.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
4playin
Junior User
Dang!! I hate dealing with the dealership people its my last resort too.
sorry man wish i could be more of a help for you.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Nope thats ok. I will go back to pulling them and if that dont work first thing in the morning its going in.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM
4playin
Junior User
Well good luck man!! Let us know what it was when you get it knocked out

Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Well I figured it out. Pulled them out one by one it was number 21. It was one I never would have thought of in the book

Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
what does #21 do?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
21 15A* Cluster keep alive power

I'm wondering...
are you coming directly off an already used circuit from the truck or do you have a separated protection circuit for this add-on (such as a relay and fuses-just for the puddle lamps)?

Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Every place I read said under the panel by your feet there is a bunch of wires. There is a black wire with a blue trace. There are two. One is for the dome lights the other Im not sure. Well you splice into the one for the dome lights. I did that and I made sure they worked before I put the door panels back on. Well I went to put the drivers door panel back on and I had the radio on and I put the panel on and its sometimes tricky cause of the lever for the lock. Well I kinda gave it a push down and it knicked the wire I just taped into for the mirror and it killed the radio. Then I started the truck and nothing on the dash worked the radio didnt work then and the dome lights didnt work. I was like what the hell. I was mad so I just went in the house for a few read the book pulled all the fuses for the radio and dome lights and stuff and they were good. So I checked the relays they were good. Then I went one by one on the fuses and came across number 21. I didnt think about that one.