Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Senior User

Medicmike63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New member from Southern Oregon

Hi all!
Just thought I would introduce myself to the group. I am an old fart from Medford. Bought a '79 F150 4x4 with a 300 I-6 and 4 speed a couple months ago. New to the group but not to Fords. I currently work as a printing press operator and in the emergency room of one of the local hospitals. Was an EMT with the ambulance company in Medford for the better part of a decade. Wrenching has always been my fall-back job whenever things got tight. Have worked as an RV tech, auto and airplane mechanic. Used to restore military vehicles and just a general all-around gear head. Don't know if I will be able to make any of the upcoming get togethers but will sure see what I can do!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Good morning Mike. Great to have ya on board! I'm an old fart gear head also. Us old fart's have to stick together

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Looks like us old farts are already sticking together!, Welcome to the chapter! I get to Medford occasionally, nice country.......Working on planing a westside GTG, so any ideas are great!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 04-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Postmaster

wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey, I'm not an old fart.....yet, but don't forget about me. Welcome to the board. Rumor has it there's lots of old Ford iron down your way. Know where any 48-56 stuff is hiding?
Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior User

Medicmike63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the welcome guys! There is a bit old Ford iron down this way. Have a friend that is an old Ford guy, he might have something around. I know he had a 55 Ford stepside that he sold a while back and may have some parts around, I will check with him next time I see him. I do know that on just the one block I live on there are now 4 dentsides sitting in various driveways.

Will try and think of a good place for a GTG down here.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Senior User

jalopy45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjoe1953 View Post
Hey, I'm not an old fart.....yet, but don't forget about me. Welcome to the board. Rumor has it there's lots of old Ford iron down your way. Know where any 48-56 stuff is hiding?
How's about a '56 ex military truck with a fifth wheel?? I think it's a F500 or so, has big rubber and sitting on a trailer at my neighbors for the last 5 or 6 years. Owner passed away a few years ago.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Postmaster

wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wmjoe1953 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Now, that would be interesting. Dig up some info for me.....asking $$$$$$$, if they'll sell it, etc. Got any pictures of it? If not, can you get some?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Joe, just saw this post, and thought of you. Looks like a 48! And it's FREE!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/84...rn-oregon.html

Direct link: Late 50's Early 60's Ford truck body

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Postmaster

Already got the number.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter