Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Senior User

2cylguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for experienced 7.3 Technician

I am trying to find a good techician that is experienced with these trucks. I have a 99.5. I think it is making some strange sounds but would like someone that is far more experienced than I to look at/listen to it. Fuel mileage hasn't changed, but it seems to have a tapping sound it didn't have in the summer. Truck only has 63K on it. I just don't want it to turn into something worse, if it is anything. I hate to take it to the dedalership and I know there are a lot of guys here that are very experienced with these trucks. I live near Frederick in Mount Airy. Thanks in advance, Tom
99.5, SC, 7.3 PSD, DRW, AT, 4:10 rear, 6637, Pete's filter cover, Isspro EV2 gauges, LED GPR Mod.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
4-6 Misc. Antique John Deere Tractors
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I have heard that Frederick Ford has a good diesel tech, but I do not have 1st hand knowledge of that.....

Have you been up in the 7.3 forum? Those guys are REAL knowledgeable.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Senior User

This is one of those deals where I need someone to actually hear the truck running. I just want to make sure I'm not imagining things. Someone else I talked to where I work said the same thing about Hagerstown Ford and Frederick Ford. Thanks, Tom
99.5, SC, 7.3 PSD, DRW, AT, 4:10 rear, 6637, Pete's filter cover, Isspro EV2 gauges, LED GPR Mod.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Paying for this diagnose will be worth the peace of mind, even if they tell you nothing's wrong!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Senior User

I'll have to find a different dealer to take it to. I will not go back to Century Ford. They wanted to charge me $97.00 when I took imy truck in for the CPS recall because I wrote a note on the night deposit slip verifying that it was shutting off. They took it upon themselves to run a diagnostic check on it. Fortunately for future customers they got rid of that service writer. I also did not get charged.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Postmaster

Jermafenser has a good reputation on FTE.Jermafenser has a good reputation on FTE.Jermafenser has a good reputation on FTE.
Which Century Ford? so we can avoid this stealership.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Posting Legend

Prob Mt Airy, right?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Freshman User

JamesGTStang is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cadillacjames
There's a Century Ford in Rockville too, which has equally bad ratings. Were yall referring to the one in Mount Airy for this thread or Rockville?

Century Ford - Ford - Dealership Ratings

Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Senior User

No, I was reffering to the one in Mount Airy. I know that there is a really good diesel guy there, but I refuse to give them anymore of my money!
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Post Fiend

c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
seth is awesome. i beleive he is still there. stop in and talk to him, he does side work.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Senior User

Thanks, I was wondering if he did side work, but they pi%^ed me off so bad I swore I would never go back again and never recommend them to anyone. Thanks, Joe
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 04-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior User

Seth doesn't do sidework

Found out yesterday that Seth doesn't do side work. I talked to him. Crap!!
Looks like I am going to give them at least enough money to check out the truck and tell me what's possibly wrong. Then maybe I will try and fix it myself. He told me injectors are like $300.00 each there!! Now I remember why they call them STEALERSHIPS. No offense to anyone that works at one, I used to and we all have to make a living. Just not all off ME!!!
This is the greatest Ford truck sight going and as soon as $$$ permits I will become a supporter.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Snowboard season cometh..

papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
You really should pop in to the 7.3 forum. Today is the first day I've looked in the MD forum but have had my PSD 7.3 for 2.5years+ and had an 88 7.3 for a few months before that. I'm occasionally out near Frederick and would be glad to give you a hand if you still need it. It's been 2 months since your last post though, so I have to ask, do you still need help?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Senior User

Yes I actually did find someone to look at it and there wasn't really anything wrong. It's just starting to get a little more "loose" as it gets more miles on it. Has a few more rattles than before. Thanks for the offer though.
Tom
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter