Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Lightning vs. Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 05:52 PM
kluxman45
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning vs. Corvette

2001 runs high 13s and 0to 60 in 5.6 secs.get your info correct .

Old 04-22-2002, 06:29 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

ok..ok.... this is my first time on here and i was reading the forums and saw these messages on here between the corvette and the lightning. i can see that most of these people dont know their a** from a hole in the ground. a lightning beating a corvette??? where are you all getting your information from??? theres no way a truck from the factory will out run, out perform, out handle a corvette from the factory. im a chevy guy as you can see but i would own a ford or dodge, no rice burners!!!! i know chevy dont make a fast truck at the moment, but dont put them down. first of all, thats not a fair race. of course the vette will absolutely stomp the lightning. no questions about it. if anyone thinks different, i want to hear from them. squirly60(No Email Addresses In Posts!) the vette runs in the low 12's and now their even lower. the new 405 hp zo6 runs 11.9 or lower depending on when, where, and the temperature it was ran at. the driver too!!! are you all telling me the lightning will beat a z 06 ??? come on.....what do you have to say for your self now??? im wasting my time with the corvette and lightning, how about dodge. the dodge srt-10........mouths dropped didnt they???? thats what i thought. i didnt see anyone mention that. a v-10 viper motor in a 1500 series pick up, the same class as a f-150 lightning??? 5.0 sec from 0 to 60?? 13 flat in the 1/4 mile?? what now? that could possible be lower... and what about this......500 HP!!!!! to a whimpy and supercharged 351 windsor with 390 hp or whatever you all are saying it has???? now what are you all thinking???? the lightning has nothing against the srt-10. NOTHING!!!!! i think you weekend warriors need to read up on your magazines and get your facts straight before writting your opinion on here and having someone like me see this and give a nice reply back. sorry if im being rude but come on......get your stories straight!!!!! jason

p.s i think you all are confusing the vette with the trans am. still the trans am will smoke the lightning but whatever you guys or gals think is your own opinion.

Old 04-22-2002, 07:07 PM
kota on 20s
Junior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

sorry dude, the 2002 Z06 (yes the 405 hp one) dosent run low 12's! its more like 12.7-12.9 WHITH A GOOD DRIVER. the viper runs 12.2, although one guy got 11.8 or faster so with a stock ACR.

Old 04-22-2002, 07:55 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Lightning vs. Corvette

Hey JASONALICIA just so you know the lightning has a 5.4L v-8 pushing 385 hp. Now if ford put their v-10 in the lightning you would be talking at least 480 hp, the torque that would be produced would make the dodge look like a baby. You have to admit though, a lightning keeping up with a corvette is pretty amazing(and not to mention the price difference to)

82' Flareside with 400 horse under the hood

Old 04-22-2002, 08:37 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

me again, where should i start...how about the v-10 deal. why are you all talking about it when they arent even going to put it in the lightning? the srt-10 will be the fastest pickup ever. theres no getting around it. well i could say " if chevrolet put the 8.1 liter in their s 10's, it will beat the lightning. thats the same concept. so why talk about something that wont happen??? now the z o6 runs 12.4 in the 1/4 mile with a 0 to 60 time at 3.9 seconds. when i said 11.9, that was chevrolets intention to get it there but it didnt. so it is 12. 4 thou. i got this from the motor trend site. and the lightning is 380 hp with 450 lb-ft torque. the corvette is 405 hp with 400 lb-ft torque. still blows the lightning away and where are you all getting that the lightning can keep up with the vette?? i dont get it. will you help me out? if its modified, yes, but factory, NO!!. i got 5.6 in the 0 to 60 test and 14.1 in the 1/4 mile also from motor trend at 96.5 mph. the corvettes top speed is 180. now the viper will blow away the vette of course, i admit that, im not going to say it can keep up with it like everyone else is saying the lightning can keep up with a vette. not any day. it is an impressive truck thou......

Old 04-22-2002, 08:42 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

>me again, where should i start...how about the v-10 deal.
>why are you all talking about it when they arent even going
>to put it in the lightning? the srt-10 will be the fastest
>pickup ever. theres no getting around it. well i could say "
>if chevrolet put the 8.1 liter in their s 10's, it will beat
>the lightning. thats the same concept. so why talk about
>something that wont happen??? now the z o6 runs 12.4 in the
>1/4 mile with a 0 to 60 time at 3.9 seconds. when i said
>11.9, that was chevrolets intention to get it there but it
>didnt. so it is 12. 4 thou. i got this from the motor trend
>site. and the lightning is 380 hp with 450 lb-ft torque. the
>corvette is 405 hp with 400 lb-ft torque. still blows the
>lightning away and where are you all getting that the
>lightning can keep up with the vette?? i dont get it. will
>you help me out? if its modified, yes, but factory, NO!!. i
>got 5.6 in the 0 to 60 test and 14.1 in the 1/4 mile also
>from motor trend at 96.5 mph. the corvettes top speed is
>180. now the viper will blow away the vette of course, i
>admit that, im not going to say it can keep up with it like
>everyone else is saying the lightning can keep up with a
>vette. not any day. it is an impressive truck thou......
oh yeah, i did screw up on the engine, i guess i need to get my ##### straight to huh?? but it used to be a 351 windsor...another question? has anyone heard of the boss lightning? i have one down here that is yellow and black, stainless real dual exhaust, big raised hood, big meats, and a price tag ot $ 35, 000. has you heard of this?

Old 04-22-2002, 08:44 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

>>me again, where should i start...how about the v-10 deal.
>>why are you all talking about it when they arent even going
>>to put it in the lightning? the srt-10 will be the fastest
>>pickup ever. theres no getting around it. well i could say "
>>if chevrolet put the 8.1 liter in their s 10's, it will beat
>>the lightning. thats the same concept. so why talk about
>>something that wont happen??? now the z o6 runs 12.4 in the
>>1/4 mile with a 0 to 60 time at 3.9 seconds. when i said
>>11.9, that was chevrolets intention to get it there but it
>>didnt. so it is 12. 4 thou. i got this from the motor trend
>>site. and the lightning is 380 hp with 450 lb-ft torque. the
>>corvette is 405 hp with 400 lb-ft torque. still blows the
>>lightning away and where are you all getting that the
>>lightning can keep up with the vette?? i dont get it. will
>>you help me out? if its modified, yes, but factory, NO!!. i
>>got 5.6 in the 0 to 60 test and 14.1 in the 1/4 mile also
>>from motor trend at 96.5 mph. the corvettes top speed is
>>180. now the viper will blow away the vette of course, i
>>admit that, im not going to say it can keep up with it like
>>everyone else is saying the lightning can keep up with a
>>vette. not any day. it is an impressive truck thou......
>oh yeah, i did screw up on the engine, i guess i need to get
>my ##### straight to huh?? but it used to be a 351
>windsor...another question? has anyone heard of the boss
>lightning? i have one down here that is yellow and black,
>stainless real dual exhaust, big raised hood, big meats, and
>a price tag of $ 35, 000. has anyone heard of this?
now i dont own this, but i wish i did, its a beautiful truck!!

Old 04-22-2002, 09:20 PM
wolverineflight31
Senior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

I'm just guessing that obviously some of you haven't heard of the GT-40... Look out vette! cause it won't be seeing nothing but tailights!

Old 04-23-2002, 12:35 AM
kota on 20s
Junior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

isnt the new GT-40 only offered to ford employees now? for the price ill take a viper

oh yea, i have a question about the Z06... why the hell does it have V-ratted tires on it??!! the "regular" Vett comes with Z's (as it should) is this the only reason its limited to 140mph?

Old 04-23-2002, 01:21 AM
lvstang
Senior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

>isnt the new GT-40 only offered to ford employees now? for
>the price ill take a viper
>
>oh yea, i have a question about the Z06... why the hell does
>it have V-ratted tires on it??!! the "regular" Vett comes
>with Z's (as it should) is this the only reason its limited
>to 140mph?

Profanity Removedare you talking about??? The Z06 is a 170MPH car and runs on Z rated tires.
//www.supercars.net/cars/2001@$Chevrolet@$Corvette%20Z06.html

Old 04-23-2002, 01:24 AM
kota on 20s
Junior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

my friend has a 02 Z06 that came with V's and i have seen others with the same goodyear V-ratted tires. maby they changed in 02???

Old 04-23-2002, 10:10 PM
lvstang
Senior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Apr-02 AT 11:12 PM (EST)]>my friend has a 02 Z06 that came with V's and i have seen
>others with the same goodyear V-ratted tires. maby they
>changed in 02???

Then your friends changed tires. Your 140 MPH comment is also way off.
Here is the specs on a "2001" Z06:http://www.auto.com/reviews/cwire11_20001111.htm

Old 04-24-2002, 01:42 AM
kota on 20s
Junior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

LIKE I SAID, maybe they changed in 02 (your info was for a 01) i have seen a couple of 2002 z06's with the SAME BRAND, STYLE, AND RATING as my friends. do you think they all got together and said "hey lets all go get some lower rated tires?" i dont think so.

someone else brought up the 140 top speed, not me. i know the z06 can go faster, so when he said that, i figured it was because of the speedrating.

if i think about it, ill stop by the chubby dealer tommorow, and ask them. it would probably be a wasted trip, because the sales men, and most of the managers dont know there *** from a hole in the ground. and im not picking on chevy, all dealerships are jokes.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:18 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

:-staun 140 mph!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? jeeeeseee people, were do you get your info from???????? 140 mph?????? your telling me the trans am can out run a vette??? yeah right!!!!!! 180 mph is the top end speed and that came from Motor Trend, April Edition. And what about these v-rated tires??? They all have z-rated tires on them from the factory. Go to any dealership and look for yourselfs. Another thing, I saw someone say they goverened them to 140 mph for a quicker 1/4 mile time??? dont think so. i love reading these messages and i get a laugh out of them every time i read them, especially this one. what next everyone????

Old 04-24-2002, 09:42 PM
JASONALICIA
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

as for the gt-40......that guy a few messages above me said the corvette will be its tailights.....well why dont you compare the a vw beetle againt a viper and see who sees whos tailights. sounds stupid dont it. why dont you compare a vette with 500 hp or more. then youll see who will be seing whos tailights. just for the record and so that eveyone knows, the corvette sledgehammer is the fastest production car to date with a top speed of 257.6 mph. over 1100 hp from the factory. just had to throw that one in. ill be hearing something about it im sure. the gt-40 is over $100,000. tooooooooo damn expensive, like all fords...... jason

Quick Reply: Lightning vs. Corvette