Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Lightning vs. Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightning vs. Corvette

You've admitted that your car is heavily modified. We are talking a Factory truck here. And the comparison between the two is what exactly?

The lightning comes off of the Ford SVT assembly line, and where exactly does the Lingenfelter come from? An Aftermarket company.....

Old 10-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Trans Am Man
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning vs. Corvette

My car is heavily modified now, not when I spanked the lightning.I will admitt the lightning is one fast truck, but it is not the only one out there. I honestly think comparing a truck with a legendary sports car is a bit much, they are totally in two differnt worlds. Ford has done a good job with the lightning but I think copetition is right around the corner. The new dodge with a viper motor is bad. See I am a chevy lover but I will give props where deserved, ford has a good truck, and so does dodge, we will see what chevy has to offer.

Old 10-13-2002, 09:16 AM
SPYK
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

I find it amazing you guys with Lightning have the ***** to compar a S/c to a stock N/a motor.. and the Lightning isn't cheap ..i've seen hardtop 02 vettes going for 39k brand new..so think about that

1 Even an Auto 01-02 Ws6 tested in PPm (pontiac performance Mag) weighing 3760 ,fully loaded with an AUto bone stock rip offed 13 flats all day..i have the Link if any are interested the Vette is a hair faster..

2 i own a rare GTS 5.0 and love it but after building my all motor Ws6 i tried a successfull implantation of Nos..

Lightning beware.. i don't discriminate.. on the street GM Ford i don't care you are ging down and both my cars .. a WS^ and A 5.0 are ready to do tthe job..

I laugh at Lightnings.. i have yet to lose to one.. and with the addition of a 5117 Nos dry kit to my aready potent Ws6 ...i'll add a 75 shot right into the Airbox and thats 11 flat easy consistant and still able to hit 170mph.. lets see ya do that.. oh and try catchingeither car around a turn amazing what a set of 1 inch lowering springs can do to both cars

Old 10-13-2002, 10:12 AM
SPYK
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

For the record, Vettes/ Ws6 SS/ 03 Cobra's 99-01 Cobra's Gt Lightnings, Syclones, Turbo Ta(89)
Firehawks, Viper, Lt4 Vettes, Ss, Ws6

i own a Ford , i own a Pontiac..

on my list i see far more Gm bad boys than Ford

And don't even throw the Gt40 500 hp 500ftlb of tq gee the Viper does better N/A .. the Gt40 need a S/c and cost twice the amount and is only a 500 car run

whoopti do

the )3 cobra had Evan smith ran it against the ppm Automatic Ws6 he would have found that only a .2 second difference in average time exsisted..

pretty sad for a super charged motor

You guys kow the Escalade 345 hp stock ..paxton make a super charge kit for it boosting it to 465 hp... yeah and thats awd hook a lightning upto that and see who gets pulled

be objective.. be realistic Ford left us all high and try starting in the early 90's and the 80 contrary to what ou beleive since i have actual unmolested test data where pretty close btween the Iroc Z28 nd the 5.0 it went back a forth wih no clear winner so Ford has been out to lunch for not 1 but almost 2 decades.. though their motors are great they just don't come out of the box as fast as they should.. case in point the 99 Ws6 vs the 99 "Fixed Cobra the Cobra ra a 13.7 fixed the Ws6 ran a 13.15 both rated at the same hp

I raced a 911 tt in my Ford and he did beat me..i told him to wait here for 2 minute while i adjust my Fpr..i came back with my Ws6 and tore him a new butt upto 150 when i was 5 cars ahead when i called "no Joy" and pulled out.. he was pissed he just lost 500 Bucks to an antiquated WS6...

03 Cobra's will be deadly when people lear how t drive them they are a bitch to lauch ..gotta love a Stall /tc(2.5) shiftkit gears nitto's.. i shread even modified 03 "terminators putting down 450 hp to the wheels cause they can't launch and Gm's Auto tranny is far supeior to any Auto for racing period.. why else don't you think the Cobr'as don't have an Auto it would be too embarrasssing

Old 10-15-2002, 03:45 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
Lightning vs. Corvette

wow...what did you just say? you gotta use spell check man. btw, is that ricer math you're using, adding the hp from the bolt on Paxton to the hp of the Escalade? please...
And you're calling shots about the Lightning needing an s/c...so lets us call shots about you using shots, of nitrous, to boost your times. You kept saying how the L needs the s/c and costs so much...last I checked a Lightning, fully loaded, 380hp, had a sticker of $32k. So hey, for nearly $7 grand more, sure you could have a base model hard top Vette that gets beat by a Lightning, supercharger or not. Cause we all know how cool it is to see a moderately fast base model hard top Vette that some sucker spent next to $40k on, and how not cool it is to see some guy driving a metallic blue fully loaded Lightning that he spent $7 grand less on beat him. Ha. So buy a Lightning, spend the $7k you saved from buying the Vette on mods for your new toy, and still be way ahead I've seen STOCK Lighting's running mid 13's at Epping, so why not take those Lighting's that you claim are 'only' running 13's, give them a few mods like yourself...ie nitrous, maybe slicks, maybe an aluminum driveshaft, intake, whatever, then put them against your not so stock WS6, and see whose killing who. Besides, it's a freakin truck! not a little sports car.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:09 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Lightning vs. Corvette

All you chev guys, the supercharger on the lightning proably drops the price to build the motor. If ford wanted to build a n/a motor to beat you guys they could and probably have one sitting on a shelf somewhere just waiting for its chance but ford used a supercharger cut some $$ of the price tag and is now pissing off people because we have a $32k truck that can beat the hell out of sports cars that trucks shouldn't even be able to compete with and oh did i mention the price difference to? With the money you save by buying a Lighning you can probably buy the insurance, gas, etc for awhile to come or you can make on fast truck that can . . . (you get the point)

Cody, Coutts Alberta

82' Flareside: zoom zoom doesn't even begin to describe it, 2/4 Drop, Soon to have 325hp 351 Clevo (maybe more,in a 3600lb truck)Backed by a C6 with a 2000 rpm stall and a 3.50 9 incher, American Racing AR-23 (series 23) wheels, Upgraded interior, Sony Xplod stereo

Old 11-12-2002, 06:58 AM
SPYK
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

Hey pal my Mongoose Packge Ws6 is all otor no Nos .. and it runs well into the mid high 11's the 5.0 need the 120 shot of Nos to make the trip to mid 12.

i also own under cover a wolf cover.. appropriately named..and 93 Zr1 bought it used foran incredible 30k far less than your supertruck.. i laugh its all stock rund riht door to oor with a z06 and on the hwy when i'm at 190 where in gods name is any lightning.. no where..
the L is anice Truck and i lovce fords.. but redicul#####inglous... any stock Vette from 92 up wil hand a lighnint his *** in stock to stock treatment..a nd i guess you guys forgot about lt5's , lt4's ls1's and the almighty ls6

even the Lt1 with 300 hp and 345 lbs of torgue ca handle a lightning,,, and lets face it boy unlesss you live in a triler park ..

Old 11-12-2002, 01:37 PM
ryanstruck
Elder User
Lightning vs. Corvette

sorry bud, I saw in your sig but didn't read it right. you did mention a 93 vette or something for 30k, far less than our 'supertruck', but how is 2k that far less, considering your car is a 93 and you can get a new 03 L for 2k more, which i will bet will hadle with your car. Hell, you can buy a 99 or 2000 for much less than 30k, so much less than your 93. And if that was the cost in 93 of your car, compare it to the cost of a first gen L, whether it can hold next to you or not, non s/c. It'll be a heck of a lot less than 30k.

Old 11-20-2002, 12:22 AM
Xwarrior86
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightning vs. Corvette

I don't know what to say... My breath is taken away. You guys are real FORD warriors to the end. (Tear.) OH... (Sniff) I only have one thing to say to the Vette "boys". KISS MY TIRE SMOKIN' @SS you rotten mama's boys that overpaid for your toys! If my '86 F250 with a 351 H.O. can leave a Camaro with an LT1 wondering how I'm keeping up, I'd guarentee that a Lighting can do the same to a Z0sick.
Truck v. sports car... Give me a break! Why don't you just compare a sherman tank to a jet!

Old 12-11-2002, 05:01 PM
Razz2o4
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

Just a note to Ryanstruck

Its funny, The lightning cant hardly pull 2 ton. You say 5k on trailer weight. Well, I am getting ready to pull a trailer, and Before I decided to pull it, I called the dealership and asked what voied my warranty on pulling. I was told 4000 lbs. No more than 600 lbs toung weight. My V6 1/2 Chevy extened cab pulls 5500. Now that is pathetic!

Old 12-11-2002, 08:15 PM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru
Lightning vs. Corvette

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Dec-02 AT 09:26 PM (EST)]Pathetic, that message is the embodiement of pathetic!

"huh huh, I went on a Ford board and boy I sure told them..."

Uh, yeah right..... Just remember what the doctor keeps saying, "stay on your meds, and you'll quit having thoughts that you're better than everyone else"

Apparently you haven't listened! Get back on your meds, and go away.

Pathetic that you come here and try to act smart. When you really show everyone how dumb trolls are.

Old 12-30-2002, 09:28 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Lightning vs. Corvette

Don't you just wish that they could get around all the emissions b/s and put a 390 or a 428/429 in Lightnings? Round here, there ain't no Firebird or Camaro that can stay together long enough to get to 100. But remember, comparing cars to trucks is like apples to oranges. I have to say, though, that it is pretty good that a truck can keep up (ahead or not) with a sports car. The towing thing that was mentioned earlier, the truck it self CAN pull 5000. Its the state (NC) that limits the weight to 4000, due to the type of liscense plate. Above 4000 and you have to have commercial or farm tags. And to my knowledge, I have yet to see a Lightning with commercial or farm tags on it. (But, anything's possible, someone's bound to do it someday.) I am not a Chevy fan, but the Corvette is an ok car. I venture to say that there is higher quality in a Corvette than in most other GM products. But this thread is pointless. Every body oughta be happy with what they have and not try to be a bigshot. That's my opinion.

Old 01-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightning vs. Corvette

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-03 AT 10:55 PM (EST)]This thread is really entertaining. Apparently some (I said some!) of the chumps in the Vettes have not grown up yet. The fun factor in the Lightning is way higher than that of the Vette. Ask any Lightning driver - even if he got bet by a Vette. There more smiles to the mile with the Lightning.

But what really gets me is that some of the Vette owners get an attitude about beating a Lightning.

Put it in a letter and tell it to someone who cares.

Let's see, a world supercar beats a PICKUP truck engineered for fun and some go fast.

As far as the new dodge is concerned - that will be a very fast truck but traction is going to be a big problem. That, and they installed the aluminum block from the Viper in it. I can see a whole hosts of problems with this set up. Doing it right it going to be tough. Not impossible, but tough.

Old 01-02-2003, 11:30 PM
tinman67
Junior User
Lightning vs. Corvette

to "fordsajoke" I guess "thiers" nothing good on any chevy websights to look at?

Old 01-05-2003, 03:19 PM
viperdout
New User
Lightning vs. Corvette

Last time I checked, anybody who thinks the nu SS can beat a Lightning, it got whupped by the HD f-150, which weighs more and has less power:-staun

Quick Reply: Lightning vs. Corvette