Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

first meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:15 PM
POWERSTROKER07
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gbroehl1
I might be able to pull that off. How much does it cost for me to beat you at go-kart racing?
yea yea will see about that..i havent been there in awhile so im not sure how much it is..my guess is around 25-30. its not cold in there just wear some pants and ur all good..lol.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
12engine
Postmaster
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER07
just wear some pants
do i have too...lol. seriously though, sounds like fun. ill try to make it up there.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,110 Likes on 4,192 Posts
SOOOOOO...if you're going to make that your official GTG...run it by CL Dave and start a sign up thread so you know who will be going!!! Good luck...sounds like a great time!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Dave I dive also (NAUI). I got certified back when I was 12 (a long time ago ) but I have not had my gear on in about 14 years do to my crazy life sometimes.
Originally Posted by rocdril
I was (PADI) certified in 1980, how many years ago was that? I dont even own gear anymore. Does sound like fun though.
I haven't dived since my daughter was born going on 17 years now.

The ol' you can't afford it anymore and its not a family activity.

I have a 48x42x42 Greenlee job box filled to the lid with double of everything.

Haven't peeked inside in years, its going to be like opening a tomb.

I bet the two dry-suits are as fragile as mummy wrappings.

I have a twin aluminum 80's on a forged manifold plus a twin steel 120's one a dual regulator manifold.

Then I have an 'old' steel 72 with a K-valve as my salvage bottle and a small pony bottle.

I was gearing up for the fledgling days of Technical Wreck Diving when I tore a ligament in my ankle.

Now I am like a twin screw ship with only one shaft online, I can't contend with currents.

I can't control the one fin, so I had been staying to small lakes and back stoking out on the surface, then sink to the bottom, then 'walk' with my hands as I cruised the bottom back to shore.

I wanted to get an underwater scooter, but family comes first.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
anyone down for some indoor go-kart racing at ***** d`s in wallingford??its a good time..plus they have a decent size parking lot so everyone can park and bs.how about next weekend feb.21 (saturday) ?let me kno..who wants to meet up.
I'm game for that

Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM
POWERSTROKER07
Junior User
gonna be a good time..i guess we have to start a sign up thread.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
gonna be a good time..i guess we have to start a sign up thread.

Here it is:

First Meet Sign-up for Saturday Feb. 21

Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Can DO
Junior User
Sorry I haven't been checking my email for a while, been busy at work. .............Now that I am laid off Il'l have more time
I'm interested in the go karting, but unfortunately I am on a very limited budget now.
Just some ideas for future GTG.
A few years ago I put together a Saturday event for a company I worked for. We went to the Haul of Fame truck museum in Plainfield,CT. If you look it up on the web you will come across some articles written about people who have been there. This place is in the middle of no where, but he has moreMacks in his museum than Mack does. It is stricktly a view only museum( no climbing on the stuff) It is run by volunteers. They ask for a monetary donation to support the place. It is heated, and has a confrence room with a large table.
Another thought was the truck show at the Brooklyn Fair grounds, it use to be held on or abouts around Fathers day.
Let me know if you guys are intersted, I could start putting together some information.
Can Do

Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Aerocell4x4
Diesel Van Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Can DO
Sorry I haven't been checking my email for a while, been busy at work. .............Now that I am laid off Il'l have more time
I'm interested in the go karting, but unfortunately I am on a very limited budget now.
Just some ideas for future GTG.
A few years ago I put together a Saturday event for a company I worked for. We went to the Haul of Fame truck museum in Plainfield,CT. If you look it up on the web you will come across some articles written about people who have been there. This place is in the middle of no where, but he has more Macks in his museum than Mack does. It is strictly a view only museum( no climbing on the stuff) It is run by volunteers. They ask for a monetary donation to support the place. It is heated, and has a conference room with a large table.
Another thought was the truck show at the Brooklyn Fair grounds, it use to be held on or abouts around Fathers day.
Let me know if you guys are interested, I could start putting together some information.
Can Do
George, sorry to hear about your layoff.
Remember there is no fee associated with joining the Connecticut Chapter of FTE

George, there is no harm in compiling the information, then I can added it to my list of proposed GTG's.

That link I inserted above is from the Connecticut Museum Quest must be some more good ideas in their site.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Can DO
Junior User
Il'l look into it and get the information
Can Do

Old 02-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dzlpwr
Mainly You BTW The "Chapter" you are referring too was the CTPSD and had none what so ever affiliation with any FTE chapters.
Not nessasarly I remember going to a meet at Hooters 4~5 years ago in Wethersfield.