1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Power Hungry Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:40 AM
97 HD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Hungry Performance

I would like to know more about these guys Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! Check out our Gryphon Programmer for Ford vehicles!

Jim from Rosewood mentioned them in a post a few days ago and I was wanting other opinions on their chips and tuning. Anyone here have one of their chips or dealt with them?

Old 01-24-2009, 07:40 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Bill Cohron is Power hungry.
When it comes to ford tuning he has been behind the
scene for some of the small and big tuners (company's)
for many years.

My .02
Its good stuff!
PHP is just another type of business model.
Tuner competition has grown over the years.

Bill

Old 01-24-2009, 09:14 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Bill. I have not used their tuning but they are doing some cool stuff for the PSD line. I am dealing with them right now on reprogramming some 6.0 stuff so I can report more later.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:44 PM
97 HD
Elder User
A chip is still a little ways away for me right now. I gotta get gauges first. Im just gonna keep my eyes open and see if I can learn more on these folks. I'll either go with TW or these guys when I get ready. They offer a "quiet mode" that sparks my curiosity. I wonder if TW can do a Quiet Mode. I hate turning my truck off at the drive thru.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:37 PM
live2wheel
Senior User
how are them stage 1's working for ya? i dont know about you but my truck seems quicker with a load than without. guess its seat of the pants feel . definitaly runs stronger. whistles more too. i'm looking at chips too, looking at intercoolers first though, i'm at about 950* empty shifting quick. that is cold air intake(bully dog) and 3"dp w/4" ex.(mbrp).

Old 01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
97 HD
Elder User
Trucks running great! Haven't gotten a chance to tow yet. Truck sounds smoother and does whistle better. I had a bit of a miss before, that was the main reason for sending them in and have Jim work 'em over.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:24 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 HD
I'll either go with TW or these guys when I get ready. They offer a "quiet mode" that sparks my curiosity. I wonder if TW can do a Quiet Mode. I hate turning my truck off at the drive thru.
PHP Whisper Mode (as well as DP Tuner Stealth Mode) works great at the drive thru, saves having to drag my 18 month old daughter into the bank in the middle of winter.
I've asked Tony about coming up with a whisper/stealth tune and he said he won't waste his time doing it. ???

Scroll down to the bottom of the PHP home page. It says right there that they own the rights to DP Tuner software. And I read that Tony learned (got started with help from) from DP Tuner, and DP Tuner learned (got started with help from) from Bill at PHP. So, who do you think knows more about tuning?

I think Tony is a great guy and has great tunes. You can't go wrong with him if you choose that route. Check and see, I think he does free re-burns, too.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DZL JIM
PHP Whisper Mode (as well as DP Tuner Stealth Mode) works great at the drive thru, saves having to drag my 18 month old daughter into the bank in the middle of winter.
I've asked Tony about coming up with a whisper/stealth tune and he said he won't waste his time doing it. ???

Scroll down to the bottom of the PHP home page. It says right there that they own the rights to DP Tuner software. And I read that Tony learned (got started with help from) from DP Tuner, and DP Tuner learned (got started with help from) from Bill at PHP. So, who do you think knows more about tuning?

I think Tony is a great guy and has great tunes. You can't go wrong with him if you choose that route. Check and see, I think he does free re-burns, too.
Any one who goes with PHP will be getting the best of the best. They have great customer service and Bill has been responsible for helping some people dive into the tuning arena.

Jim, Going back to many archives listed on TDS you will find that the software has been "called" different names. First when it was presented in the last quarter of 2003 it was called the "TS Performance" software. It only became the DP-Tuner software because we were asked if we wanted to sell it after Bill went to work for Edge and Jody continued the support of his previous customers. I had never known it was ever called the TS software until I recently read the archives on TDS. There is no rights to PCMX except from Kevin Timmerman. In fact he still sells the same software Jody use to use.( Jody uses something else now) You just need the right RDT's to use with it for the brand of vehicle you want to tune. He is the developer of the software. However with out the RDT's that Bill brought to it it was not compatible with the Ford OS. We stopped selling the software Bill started selling on TDS for many reasons, but there is no rights to it from any one except the creator. FWIW, our company name carries a registered trademark and used on media or websites without our consent carries a enforced fine through the USPTO. Thanks, Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan

Last edited by DP-Tuner; 01-25-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 PM
live2wheel
Senior User
quote: FWIW, our company name carries a registered trademark and used on media or websites without our consent carries a enforced fine through the USPTO.

why do i feel like that is a threat? i want to learn about it ,but cant talk about it?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by live2wheel
quote: FWIW, our company name carries a registered trademark and used on media or websites without our consent carries a enforced fine through the USPTO.

why do i feel like that is a threat? i want to learn about it ,but cant talk about it?
If it was done not without knowing about the trademark laws then no harm, no foul.

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-25-2009, 02:04 PM
live2wheel
Senior User
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
If it was done not without knowing about the trademark laws then no harm, no foul.

learning is over then, i guess?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So now that I know about the trademark does that mean I can't recommend you by name?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
live2wheel
Senior User
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
So now that I know about the trademark does that mean I can't recommend you by name?
maybe i can not even write it on a check. i'll have to put someone elses name there.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by tjbeggs

TJ we have been trademarked for a while now and it is listed at the bottom of our site that we are. It was painstakingly hard to get a name registered trademark and that is why the laws are implimented the way they are. I didn't make them.

But, if you want to be technical no you don't have to get my permission to recommend our product if you so wish. However, to put it on a website or in media print you do need it. So far with the information on our site we have never had an issue with people using it without our consent on their website or in any promotional advertising. We have always been asked if its ok. We do with companies that are not trademarked just out of common courtesy.

The only reason we became trademarked was in the beginning people were advertisng they were dealers for us when they were not.

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
live2wheel
Senior User
will you recommend a dp tuner to me tj?

Quick Reply: Power Hungry Performance