1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

My wife killed my new ranger!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife killed my new ranger!

She was driving it home last night when she hit some black ice. She was only 2 houses away from our driveway, when she took out the neigbors mailbox and rolled it in his front yard. It ended up sitting on the passenger side. We got a ladder and got her out the drivers side. She's sore and stiff, but other wise unhurt, she was checked out by the EMT's. There was some damage to the roof, and both left tires were flat. I didn't stay untill they rolled it back over, I didn't want to see the passenger side. The flat bed truck driver told me that it wasn't bad and that it's far from being totaled. I was so glad that she was ok, I could of cared less about the truck. However, once it was clear that she would be fine, my thoughts were once again with my beloved ranger. The first one I ever ordered exactly how I wanted it. I was once again amazed at how tough these trucks are, it was rolled and had very little visable damage. It will spend some time at the body shop, but she be good as new. "HECK:, it is new, it only has 600 miles on it, "WEEP, WEEP"

Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad your better half is OK. Talk about SODs Law!
There is a moral to your story but it would be politically incorrect to say it.
Good luck with the bodywork.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
sfcwoodret
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ranger's take a beaten and keep on ticken.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
matt's2.9STX
Elder User
Exclamation

O MAN! Glad it's turning out Wendell. What a thread to wake up to! Reminds me of some outlaw punks running from the law down Wendell Street here - mine. As crazy as that sounds, it bears out. The guy who lost it & was caught driving without a license while just out of prison took out 4 mailboxes with a 4-door Grand Prix on an icy day. Well between our mailboxes & the ditch, his car was a wreck. I offered to pull it out, but it was a crime scene & the police had a wrecker do it. We had a new post in the next day with 80 pounds of concrete. Painted it bright white. The box itself survived about 20 or 30 feet away - but will be replaced soon.
OK, I'm a little wierded out now, I'd better go have some fun. I had to drive my mom to work in Dan's little Corolla last night on the ice. It takes her about 10-15 minutes to climb into the Ranger & 10 to get out.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
matt's2.9STX
Elder User
BTW, Wendell, how are you getting around today & until it's fixed? It would be like losing a leg for me to be without a truck. Is insurance or somebody providing a loaner?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Black ice = the devil incarnated. That stuff is insidiously dangerous.

Glad to here the misses is OK.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Redranger03
Senior User
Wow, only 600 miles, that's got to hurt wendell!

Glad your wife is ok.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 AM
racsan
Posting Guru
politically incorret or not, THANK GOD your wife is alright. there i said it. weve had ice issues down here in this part of the state too, most local schools were on a 2 hr delay this am, it was icy when i got off ant midnight as well. take care.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Glad to hear that your wife came out okay, Wendell, and sorry about your new ride. Always hurts to get that first dent.

Got any "before & after" pics?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
F250Wheels
Elder User
She wrecked your truck and your still married?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
hogdogs
Senior User
WOW talk about "The first scratch"...
Brent

Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
well, this winter have gave to many good days for bodyshops.... well, I wrecked my aero twice, ranger was rolled over once and now I know how to repare cars.... and trucks....

so do some snapshots and show me to give you advice how to do all like truck was never wrecked.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The insurance company is going to get me a rental. As far as today, I'm not walking, she is ha ha. I have a nice pretty mariner to drive. I can't divorce her untill she pays off the ranger he he. Seriously, I was worried about her, I can allways order a new truck, not so a good wife. I have 2 jeeps I could drive, but there classics, no salt gonna get on them. The 87 came out of virginia, a long way to go to get a clean body to salt it up now. I don't have a top for the ****** and doesn't even have a heater besides that. I'm just glad she's OK, she's sore and stiff today and still a bit shaken. The good Lord was with her. We allways wear our seat belt, but for some reason last night she didn't have it on. She could have been seriously hurt. She was thrown a round inside the cab like a rag doll. I bet she won't neglect to wear it again. I disarm the seatbelt minder on our vehicles so we can drive around our land collecting brush and what not and that alrm gets on our nerves. Were in and out so much it'a a hassle to buckle the seatbelt every time. It wasn't that she forgot to wear it, she just didn't for some reason. Things like this is why I perfer trucks and suv's, reguardless of the price of gas. There more rugged and hold up better in an accident, more so than an econobox. To alot of people this would be a downer, but to me, I look on the brightside. She's fine, the truck can be fixed and most importantly, I still have my wife that I love every much. God is good!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Thanks Pablo, but here in the states we have to carry insurance so others can get paid to fix the wrecks. When they let women drive, they made insurance manditory ha ha.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
it is true that accidents happen when we are not ready... Onese I draw aero with GF inside. it was a short errand. I hit running on red car in 2 houses from her home.... she hit windshield with her head.... she was OK, head was OK, windshield was cracked......

Quick Reply: My wife killed my new ranger!