Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Junior User

FX4Range R is starting off with a positive reputation.
2006 V10 intake?

I was wondering what intake are you guys running? I've always had a k&n intake for all my trucks and people are saying there not that good anymore.

I'm leaning towards banks intake when they come out with it later this year. Or I might buy the volant system. What do you guys suggest?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
I recently purchased the K&N CAI kit for my 2005 F350 5.4L. It was the only CAI kit on the market for my application. I personally like the True Flow CAI kits but they do not offer anything for either of our trucks.

Summit Racing offers four CAI kits for your truck:

Air Intake Kits - summitracing.com

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Junior User

I just installed a volant inake last night. I unplugged the battery for 10 min. Reinstalled my sct. And now Im check engine light. I checked the codes and I have 2 codes that says its running rich? The check engine light didnt come on till I had about 50 miles after installation. What do I do now.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
Let me say from the start that I am no expert on anything mechanical... I have read on this site that after you install a CAI kit, the ECM needs time to re-learn the air/fuel mixture for optimum performance. If you immediately installed your SCT tuner, you may have selected a tune that the ECM perceives as too aggressive. I would un-install the SCT tuner and drive you truck for a few days to allow the ECM to complete the learning curve. Then re-install your SCT tuner.

If this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Junior User

This afternoon I disconnected the battery for 20min. Turned the tune back to stock and I still got the same 2 codes. So I decided to try out the performance tune and I got no codes and its running really strong now. So lets see how long it works. The last couple weeks its been -15 so that might have something to do with it. Its running good right now.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Junior User

Well my truck is having different codes now. It says both banks are running lean. Has anybody had this problem with a volant intake? I'm about to return it.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Bump for the OP!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
2006, air, banks, f250, f350, ford, im, installing, intake, kn, problem, tuning, v10