Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior User

carbonmetallic is starting off with a positive reputation.
07+ Expedition Programmer/Tuner Available

Just wanted to let everyone know there is a programmer available for our trucks now. I have been beta testing one for the last month from Mike at 5 Star Tuning. Tuner definately makes the truck more fun to drive while getting better gas mileage. more about it here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/77...mer-tuner.html
285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
SCT X3 Custom Tuned by Mike at 5 Star Tuning
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Note HP tuners has this aval too and you can tune w/ a laptop while you download full real time data without a middle decoder (IE tuner). It does say for trucks but they have one that will work w/ the expy.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tuners are an enigma to me. Fuel is required for power so I fail to see how one can get more power and use less fuel at the same time.

I'd like more daily driver fuel economy. I'd like more torque and less shifting when towing.

-- Chuck
Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
Tuners are an enigma to me. Fuel is required for power so I fail to see how one can get more power and use less fuel at the same time.

I'd like more daily driver fuel economy. I'd like more torque and less shifting when towing.

-- Chuck
Tuners allow you to manage your engine to it's max performance. A standard tune is a uniform one size fits all engines, no matter where they are tune. Many engine will run rich for example, by adding timing and reducing fuel delivery you can increase fuel economy and performance. Ford leaves a little bit of power on the table with the 5.4s and you can squeek out another 10 or 15 hp and 20 or 25 ft lbs of troque that's a huge help.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:

-- Chuck
Not always true on more fuel to make power...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:

-- Chuck
Another problem is that the manufacturer has to make the vehicle perform in worst case conditions: highest smog, altitude, temperature and so on. Ridiculous states like california with their fuel additives, all this equals missing power and efficiency.
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/55407.png
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
In talking with Greg Banish a while back(he is an OEM calibrator)( do a google search on him)
He says 98% of what drive OEM is emissions.... That means there is power and economy left on the table.

Mike
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, economy, expedition, ford, fuel, gas, mileage, navigator, programer, programmer, tuner, tuners