OT Chat, Cheap Thoughts and Bon Mots

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
OT Chat, Cheap Thoughts and Bon Mots

MODERATORS NOTE (3-1-12)

The title of this thread has been changed from "Rep Points..." to what you see now because the thread has become much more than an information thread explaining how rep points work.

Stewart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've surfed a lot of the forums on FTE...and one thing I have noticed is that those in other forums tend to have way more rep squares (those little green squares near your join date) than us folks in the Ex forum!!!

For those of you that don't know about it...FTE has a way of showing appreciation when someone helps you out or your like the way someone answered a post for someone or you learned something from a post...

if you look on the top line of any post in the dark blue area you will see in the right hand corner the post #...next to that you will see what looks like a scale . That is how you give rep points...simply click on the scale in the post you like and add either positive or negative points...but beware...negative tends to return negative...whereas the thought is postive will return positive...but not always...I've heard negative give is almost a guarantee negative get (I truly do not know personally)...just what i have read on here...

Now all I can think of is that the other forums do a much BETTER job of self promoting rep points...I don't know...I think we have a GREAT group of folks in this forum...that do a great job of answering questions for people...we just need to start sharing some points amongst ourselves like those other folks do for themselves!!!

I try and recognize as many posts as I can...in fact I have run into the 'daily' limit (a LOT of times) where I have given out too much rep for a 24 hour period...how many of you can say that???...if not...start sharing the love!

So what do you guys say...let's start sharing some FTE love amongst ourselves like I KNOW those other guys are doing for themselves!!!

Joe.

Last edited by Stewart_H; 03-01-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Explaining thread title edit
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM
scottf4444
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Points sent for this good info.
I never knew what that was.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
OnlyFords4Me
Senior User
Reps for the heads up!!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Folks who have a LOT of squares usually spend most of their time in the General forums...or so I've noticed through the years. About a 1/3 of mine are from posts I've made in the General & ClubFTE forums.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 PM
dreyes212
Freshman User
Rep Points for letting us that were not aware of this know.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Sorry Joe, I'm still getting the dreaded "gotta spread some around" notice!

Stewart

Old 11-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
I try and recognize as many posts as I can...in fact I have run into the 'daily' limit (a LOT of times) where I have given out too much rep for a 24 hour period...how many of you can say that!

Joe.
Well, it just happened to me! I just repped as many as I could before I hit my limit in my V10 thread over yonder in the other forum!

Stewart

Old 11-08-2008, 07:56 AM
MarkMoore
Posting Guru
I gave rep points to everyone in this thread I could.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
GeorgiaX
Junior User
Joe, just watching you back up a trailer is worth a rep point for you! "Poetry motion" is the phrase that comes to mind...

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
FordTruckGirl77
Senior User
Thanks, I never knew how to give them! I just checked and someone on this group gave me a bad Rep Point Grrrrrr is that what I get for offering info? I promise to give rep points whenever possible!

Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
About half of the guys I provided OASIS reports for were kind enough to rep me. That's how I first started accumulating points.

I've helped out a bunch in the L forum over the past few years, but that forum doesn't have a diehard following like this Ex forum, the PSD forums, and the Modular forums. It's only logical that since we're helping each other out, we show appreciation too.

I have a 3 page thread going in the V10 forum I started a few days ago. I've repped everyone in that thread that's tried to help out or offer good advice and opinions, as long as the board allowed me to. There were a few guys that, when I tried to rep them, I got the dreaded "spread some around before giving reps to this member" notification.

Heck, I've even received rep points for posting a funny or interesting story that happened to me!

Stewart

Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 PM
FordTruckGirl77
Senior User
Now I am feeling the love, thanks guys... Now how do I send a rep point back? Do I have to find a post from that user and send it that way?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Yes.

Stewart

Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 PM
willeo6709
Elder User
Originally Posted by FordTruckGirl77
Now I am feeling the love, thanks guys... Now how do I send a rep point back? Do I have to find a post from that user and send it that way?
to rep someone click on the "balance scale" in the upper right corner of the box where their post resides. A popup comes up with " I approve " or "I disapprove", and a comment line below that. Make your comment, click on the add reputation button, and read the message afterwards.

anybody know how many rep points to get past one square?

Old 11-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
100 points gets you a second square.

Stewart

Quick Reply: OT Chat, Cheap Thoughts and Bon Mots