General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

ration Gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ration Gas

We need to ration gas. Im tired of people hoggin it up with trucks that dont get good milage. I say 10 gals a week and if you want more you pay more per gallon.say like 50 cent

Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,701 Likes on 1,137 Posts
can we say troll? one post and it is a total rant.
post flaged

Old 09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
hhott71
Senior User
Gas is $3.15 a gallon and there are 2-3 cars per every 12 pumps ....

crisis!!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:16 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Except they do pay more since they get worse mileage.

If you really want a laugh look at the vehicle he has listed in profile. Hint (it is a '95 Bronco) ROFL

Old 09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ship Boy's first post, and it's a rant.

I smell a

I'm just sayin'. . . . .

Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ship Boy
We need to ration gas. Im tired of people hoggin it up with trucks that dont get good milage. I say 10 gals a week and if you want more you pay more per gallon.say like 50 cent
Welcome to Ford-Trucks

Old 09-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Unhappy

Thanks for the welcome. You see my city has been almost completly OUT of gas for 3 days. Big problems because everyone trys to fill up .Cars abondoned on the sides of the road. People cant get to work. never seen it this bad

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by UTfball68
First come first serve...the way I see it. Hoard all the gas, Bible's and guns you can get your hands on. That way, when the $#!t hits the fan you're not stuck where you are, you have your faith, and you can shoot your way out of any situation. Survival of the fittest my man.
I agree totally.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Unhappy

shootin people isnt nice. why you wanta talk about shootin people. I just want smoe gas.gez man

Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Svets96
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard on CNN that somewhere in Georgia they started to ration gas. Didn't quit specify the city. I guess we can see gas going up again because another hurricane (Kyle) is suppose to be near North Carolina. Only time will tell.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:58 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
"shootin people isnt nice. why you wanta talk about shootin people. I just want smoe gas.gez man"

That depends entirely on the people in question. I conduct myself in a manner that does not invite ventilation by projectile, but some folks just don't get it.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
websthes
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UTfball68
First come first serve...the way I see it. Hoard all the gas, Bible's and guns you can get your hands on. That way, when the $#!t hits the fan you're not stuck where you are, you have your faith, and you can shoot your way out of any situation. Survival of the fittest my man.

Bible is handy to have around. But what you really need is a couple hundred followers, who will believe what you tell them the bible says. That's why the government goes after these religious compound people. They don't like any group that can function for themselves. People who can get by without money or gasoline.

Long term survival, I would look for people who can work together. People who can resolve their differences peacefully, even under the worst of circumstances. People who will stand together and fight.

You're basically talking about people who have already decided to live off the grid, and separate themselves from the rest of society. Usually for religious reasons. Groups that have developed family bonds.

If we ran out of gas tomorrow, most of us would be ****ed.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Talking

I found a station tonight and filled it to the brim (over 70 bucks) Im retired but plan a trip next week . Had to holler at a woman that tried to break in line though.Some people arent nice.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Nice - you say gas should be rationed, but when you get the chance you take all you can squeeze in to the tank. Did you pay the extra 50 cents a gallon on principle?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Thanks for the welcome. You see my city has been almost completly OUT of gas for 3 days. Big problems because everyone trys to fill up .Cars abondoned on the sides of the road. People cant get to work. never seen it this bad
I suppose you didn't experience the gas shortages in the '70s?
I've sat in gas lines MILES long, only to have the station attendant put up a "NO MORE GAS" sign at the station entrance, when I was the second car back from that sign, then had to drive 40 miles to get gas after sitting in another line.
I recall getting up at 1:30 a.m. to go sit in a gas line, so that I could report to work at 7:00 a.m., on time.
(Sometimes without ever getting that much needed 'juice'.)
I recall the state mandating that if your license plate ended in an odd number, you could only buy gas on odd numbered days, and even ending tags get gas on even numbered days.
And gas was $0.65 per gallon, then!

I found a station tonight and filled it to the brim (over 70 bucks) Im retired but plan a trip next week . Had to holler at a woman that tried to break in line though.Some people arent nice.

Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Nice - you say gas should be rationed, but when you get the chance you take all you can squeeze in to the tank. Did you pay the extra 50 cents a gallon on principle?
Great post, Steve.
I was wondering the same thing.

Ship Boy, don't get me wrong.
My parents are retired, too. They are in their mid-80s. They've lived through more hardships than most of us. . . especially me!
But they don't make their first post a rant about rationing gasoline, and making someone pay more money because they get "X" amount of gas, then say that they bought "$X" worth of gas because they are going on a trip.

IF gas is in such short supply, WHY are you taking a trip?
The gasoline in short supply is needed by everyone else, too!

I'm reminded of this (from a book read many, many years ago):
"Today's anthem is getting more and more towards, 'Oh Say Can You See, What's In It For Me'."

Ship Boy, have a nice trip. Don't forget to put a locking cap on your vehicle.

Sorry for the rant, FTE.

I'm out of this one.

Quick Reply: ration Gas