Racing at Bandimere

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing at Bandimere

Hey guys.....

Coming up on September 26th is the last 'club clash' race of the year out at bandimere. A few friends of mine and i race out there every year in this race series. As a club we are sitting 4th in 5 man team points, and 7th in overall team points. I am also sitting 8th in individual points.

I wanted to invite anyone who may want to come out and race to come out and race with us for this last race of the year!! The event is open to any street legal vehicle, motorcycle, truck, car, etc aslong as it is slower than 10.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile, has no fluid leaks, and can pass the tech inspection.

If any one here is an old time racer who hasnt been out to the track in awhile, or is just wanting to give it a shot and see what their vehicle is capable of, feel free to come out and race with us!!

Racer entry to this event is $35 and spectators are $12, children under a certain age are free, but i dont have kids, so i dont know what the age cut off is.

-John

Old 09-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go git-em John!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
The race is tomorrow evening, if anyone makes it out there and would like to meet up give me a call 303 667 4022. Ill let you guys know if it goes good.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
How'd the race go? Were you at Truckfest?

Old 10-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I bombed the race, went out in 3rd round, finished 9th out of the few hundred racers in that class... ohwell. Im tied 9th-12th rightnow for the fall series but both the races got rained out this weekend and only one was rescheduled for next weekend.

I was at truckfest, went to semi finals. One friend won 2wd, one friend runnered up 2wd, and i went to semifinals in 4wd.. then i broke out as usual.

Im thinking of coming down to pmp for the trick or treat drags on the 26th... see if i got everything retuned right after i made some changes and see if i can get one pass anywhere in the 13's.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:15 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Cool man. I might go to to PMI for the trick or treats, we'll see.

I went to semi finals in my F100 at truckfest. 2WD Street class.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Did you loose to a 67 c-10 or a chevy ssr?

Old 10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Yeah, the SSR took me out by a tenth or something =)

Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I know i posted this in the roll call, but heres trophies and stuff form this year... I just wanted one because they are special 50th anniversary trophies, but once i got the small one i wanted the bigger one, got another small one, and still wanted the bigger one, then got the bigger one and wanted the winner one, then got that one and wanted a 1/4 finals one... Now i want one with my name on it so im going to try to make a huge leap and get into the top 3 for fall series (they only recognize the top 3 from fall series at the awards dinner.

One night in august i think it was i decided that i wanted to get a damn perfect light because i had been doing pretty good all night. It was a test night and i was nailing the tree more than usual. I told my friends that i was going to go make one more pass because my next pass was going to be the run i got my perfect light on.... well on my way to the lanes it started raining so i had to wait to the next race a few days later, but on my first pass of that day i finally got this...

Final individual points for club racing, they only go down to the 100th position online, but i think there were almost 300 racers usually at every event for my class...

Bandimere Speedway

i think this winter i am going to hit up some local places for parts sponsorships, and maybe talk to a few of the businesses who sponsor bandimere about setting me up on a "gift card" or a performance based sponsorship... where i get a certain amount from their company in money or printed discount toward parts for each round i win, even though i will display their business names on the truck all the time and put them down as sponsors on my tech card.

Would be sweet as hell to be able to get in with sponsors because of my racing in the 4x4 and get the extra help from them im gonna need to build the 73 f-100!!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
Cool man. I might go to to PMI for the trick or treats, we'll see.

I went to semi finals in my F100 at truckfest. 2WD Street class.

can someone tell me about the trick or treat drags at PMP? i dont feel that I am done racing this year.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
We're gonna be there with the Mustangs. Saturday is going to be Jrs racing, and test and tune all day. Gates 7am, 9am runs start. Sunday same deal, but bigger boys "racing". Looks like Saturday is when we're going, weather should be NICE.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
It is a long *** way to Pueblo from here so i hope the weather is nice. I will see if I can make it.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Dont think im going to be able to go because of money... ohhwell. I already put the snow tires on anyways. The trick or treat drags sound like a hell of a time. Some sponsors of the track and employees stepped up big time for sunday.

there wwill be a box class, and a no box class. $1000 to win in both classes. You can also pay double the entry fee and if you win you get $2000 instead of $1000, but the double jackpot applies to the winner only.

I think the entry was between 45-50 bucks, and they have buy back ins after first sound.

They are having a huge cookout saturday, bring a dish.

Heres some of an e-mail.....

"MAKE PLANS NOW TO TAKE HOME SOME CASH:

Here are some of the things that Darrel, Ene, and myself have come up with for this great event. We are going to be short on time because the track gets so cold at night, so here is the run down. $50 bucks will buy you in the box or no box class and it will be 1000.00 to win. $100.00 bucks if you enter twice will pay 2000.00 to win. If you enter twice you are only elegible for dubble of the winners check. This is a way that you can win 2000.00 and run one set of elimimations. There will be a first round buy backs and the cost will be 30.00 bucks. We are going to payout 16 spots if there is 64 or more cars in your class. 32 cars or more and we will pay 8 spots. The more cars we have the better the payouts will be. We are planning ( time permiting ) a second chane gamblers race after 3 round and the payout will depend on entrys.If there is alot of cars 300.00-500.00 ?????? The second chance will also be seperate till the end for there own winner. The two winners will then race for a prize, money or gift cards, something for fun. Remember, Race of Champions is in the morning so we are going to run a fast pace so be ready. Two races could each win 2000.00 and thats some great money a PMI race. Good luck to all and if you have any ??? I will be at PMI this weekend. Gary"

There will be racing on BOTH DAYS!!! Here is the race format for saturday

"JUNIOR DRAGSTER RACE FORMAT
The Jr's will arrive at 8:00 AM, qualifying beginning at 9:00 AM, two qualifiers and begin eliminations, followed by a King/Queen of the Track Race, followed by a Parents Race.

BIG CAR RACE FORMAT
Gates will open at 11:00 AM, tech will be open at 11:00 AM, time trials will begin at 1:00 PM, close staging lanes at 3:30 PM, eliminations starting at 4:00. Please understand that the race format time schedule is our tentative schedule. We will announce the schedule throughout the day."

Hope some of this info helps

Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
thanks john. That sounds like a cool event. Not sure I can swing it but I will ask the bookkeeper tomorrow.