Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior User

Matt983 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
Rain-X 22" for the drivers side
El Cheapo Wally World Brand 22" for the passenger side

Rain-X last for 2-3 months. I'm pretty OCD about wiper blades, so I change them at the 1 to 1 1/2 month point.
LMAO thats awesome! I NEED to be OCD like that because I put some bosch somethings on like 4 months ago and in this drizzling tsunami we've been having here in Texas it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to ripe the blades off. They worked GREAT when I first got them but they just kinda feel off a plateau this last month.

Thats pretty smart thinking putting the el cheapo's on the passenger side hahaha!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Senior User

Joe04F150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I treat the windshield monthly with Rain X...I barely ever use my wipers...
2000 Camaro SS
2004 Mustang GT Vert
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...id=179974&.jpg
Old 08-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Junior User

Slvr 2008 SS SC is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the;
Reflex Wiper Blades
From $16.99
Product #21-1400-2
from Canadian Tire. They gave me the best results and longevity for the money IMO. The only compliant is that in heavy rain storms the water cascades over the blade rather than whipping away. I pair them up with Rain 'X' washer fluid and appreciate the results.
Super Cab
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Senior User

OGNOM is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use Rain-X on the windshield and 24" Rain-X blades. Hardly ever use the blades.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frd67cobra View Post
One question... if you upsize to 22's, do the blades ever hit your A-pillar on the backstroke?
nope

you can actually fit a 23" and maybe squeak a 24" in there
the problem with the 23" and 24" is the surface area they have.
the wiper arm is plenty strong for a 20-22" length wiper blade

but the larger blades begin to jump and hop on the glass. especially if it's drizzly out, and the windshield is 1/2 dry or 100% dry. I've found the 22" are the best compromise between large coverage area and optimum sweeping force
Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt983 View Post
LMAO thats awesome! I NEED to be OCD like that because I put some bosch somethings on like 4 months ago and in this drizzling tsunami we've been having here in Texas it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to ripe the blades off. They worked GREAT when I first got them but they just kinda feel off a plateau this last month.

Thats pretty smart thinking putting the el cheapo's on the passenger side hahaha!
I hate stuff on the windshield. I've been known to stop in a pouring rain to scrub bug guts off...all so I can get a streak free wiper pattern.

besides slow drivers, my biggest pet peeve for vehicles is bad wiper blades. No kidding, I buy a set about every month or so. At least the truck uses 2 22" blades. My other car has a 26" and a 18" blade. that gets a PITA trying to find a 26" wiper blade
Old 08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Senior User

Capbyrd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
I hate stuff on the windshield. I've been known to stop in a pouring rain to scrub bug guts off...all so I can get a streak free wiper pattern.

besides slow drivers, my biggest pet peeve for vehicles is bad wiper blades. No kidding, I buy a set about every month or so. At least the truck uses 2 22" blades. My other car has a 26" and a 18" blade. that gets a PITA trying to find a 26" wiper blade
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windsheild wipers when they dont need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhhh
Old 08-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Senior User

Frd67cobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capbyrd View Post
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windsheild wipers when they dont need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhhh
Why would you care about somebody else running their wipers? Some drivers may have weak vision and need a cleaner windshield to see properly. I wonder how many have told you to mind your own damn business when you tell them to turn off their wipers?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Postmaster

bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capbyrd View Post
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windshield wipers when they don't need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhh
News at 11PM..."A local man was shot earlier today after he frightened an elderly man with poor eyesight and hearing while trying to adjust the intermittent wiper setting in his Buick Regal. The old man was packing heat and thought he was about to be car jacked by the individual yelling something about damage to wiper blades. The elderly man will not be charged..."

You Tennessee folk sure are nice to one another...If I tried that down here in Houston I'd get shot...by my wife...for attempting to talk to another driver.

I go with the Bosch ones from autozone. I get 6 or 8 months out of them.

Put Out to Pasture
2011 F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel FX4; 2006 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.4L 3V 4x4; 2006 EB Expedition 5.4L 3V; 2002 Mustang Convertible GT 4.6L; 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition 5.4L
Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Freshman User

fooch37 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Why would you care about somebody else running their wipers? Some drivers may have weak vision and need a cleaner windshield to see properly. I wonder how many have told you to mind your own damn business when you tell them to turn off their wipers?
jeez, talk about minding your own biz??
Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Senior User

Capbyrd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:

I dont know why i care. I cant tell you that. But there is no reason, poor vision or not, to turn your windshield wipers on full blast because of two drops of water.

As for the other guy and "you tennessee people," I live in Memphis. It is the most racist city in the world and there is hostility towards everyone from everyone. Ive lived here my entire life and gotten used to the way people act around here. Im a really nice guy but when something bugs me as much as wipers do, i gotta know why they insist on leaving them on high. I just do.

Sorry if my pet peeve bothers you people but its something that i have to live with, not you.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Posting Guru

BlueOvalFitter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Question

Anybody have some of those Batman cookies?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Senior User

Frd67cobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge View Post
News at 11PM..."A local man was shot earlier today after he frightened an elderly man with poor eyesight and hearing while trying to adjust the intermittent wiper setting in his Buick Regal. The old man was packing heat and thought he was about to be car jacked by the individual yelling something about damage to wiper blades. The elderly man will not be charged..."

You Tennessee folk sure are nice to one another...If I tried that down here in Houston I'd get shot...by my wife...for attempting to talk to another driver.

I go with the Bosch ones from autozone. I get 6 or 8 months out of them.
+1. Here in Florida with so many people carrying concealed weapons permits, that's a good way to have a .40 Glock pointed at you.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Senior User

FYMR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-150 on 22's View Post
I have the Rain-x Latitudes and they are amazing! Get them from E-bay and you will pay like $30 for 2 blades instead of $45 in the store.
When i look up a f-150 i calls for 20". do i just order the 22"? stupid question most likely, but they attach all the same?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:25 AM
MMNC (SS)

yes. some of the brands have multiple attactments that snap into place. just select the one that looks like what is currently installed.

I have 22" wipers on mine right now. I just bought the $6 rain-x one for my drivers and the $3 cheapy for the passenger a week or 2 back.

works great. been running 22" wipers for about 2yrs now.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:25 AM