1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

anti-theft delete mod?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Eric_F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-theft delete mod?

i am looking to remove or totally disable my anti-theft system. can anyone point me toward the instructions, wires, module, or whatever it takes to make this happen?

thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:42 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the anti theft system is no more than a blinking light.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Eric_F250
Senior User
there is a blinking light on the dash, yes. there is also a honking horn and flashing headlights.

after i unlock with the key and open door, the alarm goes off. i want to ditch the remote, and use a key from now on.

call me old fashioned!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
locking and unlocking with the key is the only way to reset the alarm. I am confused. If you lock your door with the window down, and reach in the truck, open the door, the alarm should go off, then you have to shut the door, lock with the key and unlock with the key to turn the alarm off, correct?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Eric_F250
Senior User
i just went out and tried that. took me a few tries to activate the alarm, and then it would not reset with the door key.

finally, when i clicked a button on the remote- then the alarm deactivated.

normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but my remote works only about 1% of the time (and yes, it has new batteries).

thanks- keep the ideas coming! i'll try anything (well, almost anything).

Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
There are two pins under the dash that you have to jump together to reprogram your remote. Maybe you werent in a good place or there was interfearence??? I wonder if you reprogrammed it, if it would work 100 percent of the time???

Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Is this an aftermarket system? I wasn't aware there was a factory installed anti-theft system on these trucks.

If I press "Lock" on the remote twice, the horn honks once and the lights flash once signifying the doors are locked, but I've never heard the "system" activate.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
Roll down your windows, lock with the remote, then reach inside and open the door. HONK HONK HONK

Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Todd525
Roll down your windows, lock with the remote, then reach inside and open the door. HONK HONK HONK
All of the windows? I rolled down one window, locked with the remote, reached inside to open the door. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. I'm bummed.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Todd525
Posting Guru
Seriously??? Mine just has to have interior light come on, did you hit the unlock button, or did you just open the door?? I think mine you could NOT hit the unlock button. I think you had to just pull up on the handle.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Lifted the handle throught the open window to open the door. Nothing. What do I need to check? Fuses? Diodes? Anything?

Old 05-29-2008, 02:29 AM
kawa
Postmaster
If you just bump my truck it will give you a warning by quick little chirps. Try something more aggressive and the whole ball of wax explodes with the hi-low siren wiling, snapping snarling Pit Bulls and Doberman come charging out of the wheel wells. Well.....Maybe there aren't any vicious dogs but the security system never sleeps.

If I was to open a door with the alarm on it will go off and I have to use the fob button to shut it off but the red light keeps blinking until you insert the key and start the engine.

Rog

Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by kawa
If you just bump my truck it will give you a warning by quick little chirps. Try something more aggressive and the whole ball of wax explodes with the hi-low siren wiling, snapping snarling Pit Bulls and Doberman come charging out of the wheel wells. Well.....Maybe there aren't any vicious dogs but the security system never sleeps.

If I was to open a door with the alarm on it will go off and I have to use the fob button to shut it off but the red light keeps blinking until you insert the key and start the engine.

Rog
That sounds like an aftermarket alarm to me Rog.
My 95 gasser had the factory anti-theft. There was a red flashing "THEFT" light on the left part of the dash bezel that indicated when it was armed. I don't live in a high crime area so I never worried much about it, but one day I did accidentally find out it worked well... my folks were in town visiting and we went to Papa Murphy's to buy a pizza for dinner. This place was right on the main drag in town and was almost completely windows. Pull up outside and leave the truck running (it's cold out and not everyone is getting out). Mom comes in with me and accidentally bumps the door lock without knowing it. Come back out and my wife tries to open the door from the inside for me so I can hand her the pizza. Off goes the horn honk, lights start flashing... I'm like "WTF?" thinking maybe something bumped the panic button on my remote in my pocket. Fish my keys out and hit the panic button... now everything is going at twice the rate! One more stab on the panic button and it all shut down... people inside were wondering what the halibut was wrong with me (and probably PO'd about my lights shining in on them).

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 PM
heathrunkles
Senior User
Mine is all kinds of screwed up. Sometimes it goes off for the smallest thing and other times i can back into it with a tractor and nothing. Drives my wife nuts. My factory Horn lost the low tone and sounded kinda sissy with just the high tone so I put in a a 115 db oooghaa horn. you should see the reactions of people on the street when I hit the panic button. Sounds like a navy sub....dive, dive, dive.....

Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Guess I need to do some investigating. I don't remember seeing a "Theft" light on the dash...then again, I really never looked because I didn't think I had an anti-theft system on the truck.

Thanks for the "food for thought" for this week.

Quick Reply: anti-theft delete mod?