1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

DP tuner install. dont have directions! need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
sticks25
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP tuner install. dont have directions! need help

i just got my tuner from jody. i had my 2000 powerstroke chip flashed to my 97 but i have no directions for this pickup. i found what i think is the pcm on the drivers side by the air box. is that it? do i break the seal and put the chip in there? im hesitant to do so without a little direction first. thanks

Old 05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What you are see is probably the IDM here is a picture to help you find it

To clean the contacts on the PCM you may need to remove it from the truck and that would require work from the engine compartment but first lets look at the business end where the chip goes.

inside remove the kick panel and then unbolt the parking brake assembly (3-13 mm nuts) not you will be able to see the beck of the PCM. If it has a hole there and not a black plug then chances are it has been chipped before and the contacts are clean. If there is a plug there then you need to clean the contacts off. there is a varnish covering the contacts and it must be taken off. Its easiest and less chance of taking the contacts off as well if you just remove the PCM from the truck.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:37 PM
sticks25
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the picture. i found it! i was about to tear into the idm im glad i didnt!