Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT: Any of you in N. Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OT: Any of you in N. Colorado?

I am in the process of selling out here in MT and moving to the Fort Collins area. Any of you guys in that area??

I am looking at houses in ft collins, windsor, and loveland. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on nice areas to look at that a guy can find a home without breaking the bank. Would like to find one with a few acres, but that will have to wait until we see how the finances work out down there. Need to keep thing economical for a while.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
camodown
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm a bit south of where you are looking at and am looking to move to Texas here soon, but as far as good places to live, I always liked staying away from Ft. Collins. Its a bit of a college town (CSU), but if you can stand that then thats good. A bit wild sometimes. Loveland isn't a bad area. Greeley is nice if you can stand the manure smell on hot days haha. I know of a few nice newers homes going in the Fredericksburg area, but thats a bit south of where you are looking plus, theres not much land to be had. Mostly big homes, small yards. Windsor isn't a bad area either. I'm not of much help am I? haha. So many choices out there. Do you like the smaller more personal type of town, or the larger less personal city? Hope this helps!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone on this board has the Fort Collins location in his info! Who is it? Vailkid?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Check out Colorado Power Stroke Club

Lots of us CO folks there, and a few up in your area.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mudmaker
I am in the process of selling out here in MT and moving to the Fort Collins area. Any of you guys in that area??

I am looking at houses in ft collins, windsor, and loveland. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on nice areas to look at that a guy can find a home without breaking the bank. Would like to find one with a few acres, but that will have to wait until we see how the finances work out down there. Need to keep thing economical for a while.
Well, I lived in the Fort for 4 1/2 years while going to college. I also worked in Loveland for a few years. I live in Denver right now (60 miles south), but, I can at least be of assistance and point you in the right direction...good neighborhoods, bad neighborhoods, etc. Also, Papadelogan (a member here) just moved down closer to Denver from that location, he might still have friends there that can help. Let me know what you need. Looking to buy? I know a fabulous realtor.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Smokin'
Well, I lived in the Fort for 4 1/2 years while going to college. I also worked in Loveland for a few years.
Oh boy, sounds like we found a Sheep alumni.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by clux
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
LOL...nice. What do you have against the Rams? At least I took my college education seriously, at least I didn't attend CU!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
clux
Post Fiend
LOL...nice. What do you have against the Rams? At least I took my college education seriously, at least I didn't attend CU!
Nothing at all, they're the second favorite team I like to watch my Cowboys beat after Brigham Young.

What's the Country/western bar out on east Mulberry, the sundowner or something like that?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Nothing at all, they're the second favorite team I like to watch my Cowboys beat after Brigham Young.

What's the Country/western bar out on east Mulberry, the sundowner or something like that?
Yeah yeah...

You're talking about the Sundance. Spent many a drunken nights at that bar. My girlfriend and I used to go out there and stand on the balcony overlooking the dance floor and stay till close, watch people hook up and make a$$es out of themselves.

.25 cent well and drafts on Thursday nights.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
At least I took my college education seriously, at least I didn't attend CU!
Hey!!! I resemble that statement!!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Yeah yeah...

You're talking about the Sundance. Spent many a drunken nights at that bar. My girlfriend and I used to go out there and stand on the balcony overlooking the dance floor and stay till close, watch people hook up and make a$$es out of themselves.

.25 cent well and drafts on Thursday nights.
And you say you took your education seriously.

I spent 14 years in Laramie in a on-again off-again relationship with the University of Wyoming.

Oh, and Pocket, as a native Nebraskan, the Buffs suck.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
camodown
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha... so I'm not the only one to run from UCB it seems... thats good to hear.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
And you say you took your education seriously.

I spent 14 years in Laramie in a on-again off-again relationship with the University of Wyoming.
I will have you know, that I put myself through college. I wasn't there on anyone else's dime. I worked two jobs, 45 hours a week, and took 15 credits every semester to make that degree. I graduated with a 3.7 cumulative. Every now and then I would allow myself some drunken fun, and I would drag my happy a$$ back to work the next day. After all, why go to college if you can't find time to figure out which variety of liquor makes you puke.

Curtis went to CU, he should know all about that...

Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
clux
Post Fiend
I will have you know, that I put myself through college. I wasn't there on anyone else's dime. I worked two jobs, 45 hours a week, and took 15 credits every semester to make that degree. I graduated with a 3.7 cumulative. Every now and then I would allow myself some drunken fun, and I would drag my happy a$$ back to work the next day. After all, why go to college if you can't find time to figure out which variety of liquor makes you puke.
Sounds familiar, My last 6 years of college I worked full time, went to college part time, and found time to help my wife start raising 2 kids.

I also found time to research how much of each variety of liquor made me puke. I recall one particularly bad night on banana schnapps..........

Quick Reply: OT: Any of you in N. Colorado?