Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Ride Of The Week
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Who is taking care of this section!

Looks to me that this section is lacking the attention that it deserve's.

With as popular as Greywolf's Picture contest are, and the Fact that SO many People here have Very nice Trucks, It seem to me that this thread would do better???

Thats All.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
I have to train someone at IB to do it, and its on the plate.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would recommend changing it took Ride of the Month; It would be alot easier to maintain? Just offering some thought.

Mitch
57 F100 SWB 351C/FMX; (Big Window)
65 Flairside SWB "Wife truck" (300/AOD)
62 F100 SWB 302/C6 (orphan box) Old Skool build
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Or Maybe, Ride of the Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Post Fiend

BUMP...

let's get this section back on track, please!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Postmaster

19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
Neglected again.

54 F100
01 F150
Old 01-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Post Fiend

savage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant futuresavage2211 has a brilliant future
Barry Croswell
I am working on this weeks now.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Posting Guru

DIYiT has a good reputation on FTE.DIYiT has a good reputation on FTE.
Just wondering how the ROTW is chosen. If you're just trolling all the threads, I can see why it gets neglected at times! Maybe something could be done in each of the major generation's forums to help you decide?

1995 F-250 - Vortech 460, E40D - 4x4 3.55, Single Cab, Long Box
DIYiT's F-250 Build Thread
--Dana 60 Swap --Vortech Install
Old 02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
First you ALL have to understand that Barry is a volunteer doing this. It's not his full time job and it takes a tremendous amount of time to look through the galleries to make a choice.

If you would like to "nominate" a truck then I'm sure Barry will take it under consideration.

BTW, when you get a chance, add your first name to you signature and your location to your profile, makes it more personal to be able to address you by your name and not a username.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
First you ALL have to understand that Barry is a volunteer doing this. It's not his full time job and it takes a tremendous amount of time to look through the galleries to make a choice.

If you would like to "nominate" a truck then I'm sure Barry will take it under consideration.

BTW, when you get a chance, add your first name to you signature and your location to your profile, makes it more personal to be able to address you by your name and not a username.
George, a couple 2/3 weeks ago i did send Barry a PM, i had a nice truck picked out for him to consider, i got no reply from him one way or another. maybe it's just me, but i think he is upset with me over comments i made before, i just wanted to offer him some help if he needs it, thats all! Maybe it's just time for ME to take a break from this place. see ya.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Elder User

83mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
If i may make a suggestion.... The way previous forum's have done it that i have belonged to was a ride of the month. Basically members nominated whoever they wanted and the 4 or 5 people with the most nominations then moved up to a voting thread. Then there was one week where everyone on the site could vote for their favorite nominee and that's how the winner was made. The basic rules that i would go by would be whoever wins cannot be nominated for at least 6 months to keep the same person from winning a bunch of times. This keeps it fair and user oriented. If you would like some help let me know i have experience as an Admin and Moderator on other forums. PS. Yes i know i'm a new guy and don't expect much to come of this again it's just a suggestion.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
There are contests and voting right now similar to what you suggest.

Check out the 2010 threads in this forum,,, General Automotive Discussion - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

AND 83mike, welcome to FTE!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
I would like to see working commercial trucks win once in a while..Instead of plushy rides
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
I have updated it - sorry for it not being updated.
Sean, the most recent award went to a "rusty93 Ranger". http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/91...-the-week.html

I don't know how you could call that a plushy ride?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Postmaster

19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
I could see where going thru the process every week might not be as efficient as a part timer would like. Seems like it wouldn't take that much more time to pick 4 at a time and just post one every week as opposed to going thru the whole process every time. There are a gazillion trucks on this site so there should be plenty to choose from and its not like it's elected for 4 years so nobody should get too bent out of shape about criteria. It's a pic of a truck for gosh sakes. Pick some and post 'em.

54 F100
01 F150
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Ride Of The Week