Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride Of The Week (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum76/)
-   -   Who is taking care of this section! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/738215-who-is-taking-care-of-this-section.html)

Bill W 05-03-2008 02:19 PM

Who is taking care of this section!

Looks to me that this section is lacking the attention that it deserve's.

With as popular as Greywolf's Picture contest are, and the Fact that SO many People here have Very nice Trucks, It seem to me that this thread would do better???

Thats All.:-blah

FTE Ken 05-04-2008 01:21 PM

I have to train someone at IB to do it, and its on the plate.

Customcab 05-11-2008 03:12 PM

I would recommend changing it took Ride of the Month; It would be alot easier to maintain? Just offering some thought.

Mitch

Bill W 09-18-2008 09:54 PM

Or Maybe, Ride of the Year!

Bill W 01-01-2010 10:55 PM

BUMP...

let's get this section back on track, please!

19fifty4 01-10-2010 06:42 PM

Neglected again.

savage2211 01-10-2010 08:32 PM

I am working on this weeks now.

DIYiT 02-04-2010 12:22 PM

Just wondering how the ROTW is chosen. If you're just trolling all the threads, I can see why it gets neglected at times! Maybe something could be done in each of the major generation's forums to help you decide?

glruff 02-04-2010 12:50 PM

First you ALL have to understand that Barry is a volunteer doing this. It's not his full time job and it takes a tremendous amount of time to look through the galleries to make a choice.

If you would like to "nominate" a truck then I'm sure Barry will take it under consideration.

BTW, when you get a chance, add your first name to you signature and your location to your profile, makes it more personal to be able to address you by your name and not a username. :)

Bill W 02-04-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 8466542)
First you ALL have to understand that Barry is a volunteer doing this. It's not his full time job and it takes a tremendous amount of time to look through the galleries to make a choice.

If you would like to "nominate" a truck then I'm sure Barry will take it under consideration.

BTW, when you get a chance, add your first name to you signature and your location to your profile, makes it more personal to be able to address you by your name and not a username. :)

George, a couple 2/3 weeks ago i did send Barry a PM, i had a nice truck picked out for him to consider, i got no reply from him one way or another. maybe it's just me, but i think he is upset with me over comments i made before,:confused: i just wanted to offer him some help if he needs it, thats all! Maybe it's just time for ME to take a break from this place.:( see ya.

83mike 02-04-2010 03:39 PM

If i may make a suggestion.... The way previous forum's have done it that i have belonged to was a ride of the month. Basically members nominated whoever they wanted and the 4 or 5 people with the most nominations then moved up to a voting thread. Then there was one week where everyone on the site could vote for their favorite nominee and that's how the winner was made. The basic rules that i would go by would be whoever wins cannot be nominated for at least 6 months to keep the same person from winning a bunch of times. This keeps it fair and user oriented. If you would like some help let me know i have experience as an Admin and Moderator on other forums. PS. Yes i know i'm a new guy and don't expect much to come of this again it's just a suggestion.

glruff 02-04-2010 05:20 PM

There are contests and voting right now similar to what you suggest.

Check out the 2010 threads in this forum,,, General Automotive Discussion - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

AND 83mike, welcome to FTE!

sglaine 02-04-2010 06:02 PM

I would like to see working commercial trucks win once in a while..Instead of plushy rides

BigF350 02-04-2010 07:22 PM

I have updated it - sorry for it not being updated.
Sean, the most recent award went to a "rusty93 Ranger". https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-the-week.html

I don't know how you could call that a plushy ride?

19fifty4 02-04-2010 09:35 PM

I could see where going thru the process every week might not be as efficient as a part timer would like. Seems like it wouldn't take that much more time to pick 4 at a time and just post one every week as opposed to going thru the whole process every time. There are a gazillion trucks on this site so there should be plenty to choose from and its not like it's elected for 4 years so nobody should get too bent out of shape about criteria. It's a pic of a truck for gosh sakes. Pick some and post 'em.