2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does your F150 fit inside your garage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:30 AM
XolieX
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does your F150 fit inside your garage?

well its coming time for deployment time again and i need a good place to keep the F150 safe and of course its inside my garage. the old sport trac use to fit just fine but dang, this F150 seems it going to be TIGHT.

i measured her out and and i got about 10 inches of leeway. and boy, is that close. i parked her inside tonight and she just fits in. i got about 4 inches from hitting the wall upfront and there is only 6 inches from the railing of the garage door. wow!!!! good thing i didn't opt for a 6.5 ft bed on my supercrew.

why in the world are these garage here in california so dam small? when i was in utah, there was alot of garages that could easily have a fullsize truck in there. hell, some are big enough to have 2`f350's in there and on one side have a small car on one side cuz it goes deeper.

i think if i were to put my wife's mustang in there another car, it'll be a tight fit. DAM GARAGE!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 02:32 AM
XolieX
Elder User
i'm gonna have to invest in one of those things that beep or something when i need to stop however i don't have alot of room for error.

or maybe just the old, tennis ball off the ceiling would work and maybe mark the side wall with a line to line up the side mirror to!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 AM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
I know how ya feel. My garage is teh same depth about and I can barely fit in mine. With the Ranch Hand I think that's about quits on fitting it though.

I dunno why the garages are so small but I have a feeling they'll be getting smaller as time goes on.

I've heard a few other good ideas similar to a tennis ball. Don't quote me on this, but the guy put something in front tire and made like a path to the wall. I guess in hindsight it doesn't make sense when you could buy some blocks for your front wheels. Prolly gonna need to find a way to brace it though.

-rockstate

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 AM
marobrown
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine will barely fit. Side to side I have plenty of room, but depth I back the truck in untill it lightly bumps the wall, with no hitch, and I have about 1.5" of clearence to the garage door.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by XolieX
i measured her out and and i got about 10 inches of leeway. and boy, is that close. i parked her inside tonight and she just fits in. i got about 4 inches from hitting the wall upfront and there is only 6 inches from the railing of the garage door. wow!!!! good thing i didn't opt for a 6.5 ft bed on my supercrew.
10" thats plenty of room lol! My '99 had about 2" of room above and on the sides to get through the door. After I put 33" tires on it, cranked the torsion bars up, and 2" taller blocks, it will no longer fit. Trying to find a house out in the country with a pole barn as we speak.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:59 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Mine won't. I came to this realization during a hail storm.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
BigBlueMacDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bridge
Mine won't. I came to this realization during a hail storm.
I feel for ya Brother! I can just imagine the thoughts going through your mind............ My thoughts wouldn't have been acceptable in mixed company!

Old 04-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
mine fits with 10" also...but the side to side doesn't leave enough room to open the doors

sucks

Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
XolieX
Elder User
if were to get my wife mustang in there along with my truck, i think there would be hardly any room to get out. and thats if i take out all the boxes in the garage. and of course, the side garage door wouldn't be used of course!

dam stupid garages!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Frd67cobra
Senior User
Try to fit a truck in MY garage?? HAH, now that's funny! Between my tools and workbenches and my son's dirt bikes and parts plus all the junk the wife throws out there that she doesn't want in the house, that is one impossible mission!! LOL!! Truck grazes out in the yard.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
CaptFX4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marobrown
Mine will barely fit. Side to side I have plenty of room, but depth I back the truck in untill it lightly bumps the wall, with no hitch, and I have about 1.5" of clearence to the garage door.

I have to bump the wall as well. I screwed a 3/4" piece of plywood to it so the don't go busting the drywall. I drive in nose first and idle forward till it bumps. With my hitch receiver on, there is about 2 inches of clearance.
Damn garages.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
kyfx4
Junior User
Originally Posted by XolieX
well its coming time for deployment time again and i need a good place to keep the F150 safe and of course its inside my garage. the old sport trac use to fit just fine but dang, this F150 seems it going to be TIGHT.

why in the world are these garage here in california so dam small? when i was in utah, there was alot of garages that could easily have a fullsize truck in there. hell, some are big enough to have 2`f350's in there and on one side have a small car on one side cuz it goes deeper.

i think if i were to put my wife's mustang in there another car, it'll be a tight fit. DAM GARAGE!!!!

My supercab is about six inches too long for my garage. 5 1/2' bed would've worked just fine though.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
My dad and I can get both of our trucks in the garage at the same time....it is extra deep so we have about 8 extra feet length wise.....width wise it is a little tighter, we have to have the mirrors folded in and only have about 10"-12" between the trucks in the middle and about a foot and a half along the walls.

We never park in there expect when we know some big storms are going to roll though,(and usually they turn out to be nothing anyways), it is a pain the azz to move stuff out of the way.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
kyfx4
Junior User
Originally Posted by Frd67cobra
Try to fit a truck in MY garage?? HAH, now that's funny! Between my tools and workbenches and my son's dirt bikes and parts plus all the junk the wife throws out there that she doesn't want in the house, that is one impossible mission!! LOL!! Truck grazes out in the yard.
THE JUNK MY WIFE THROWS IN THE GARAGE REALLY BOTHERS ME!
I consider the garage "Man-Land" my fortress of solitude if you will. (Not that the junk keeps the truck from fitting, but it still drives me bats.)

Frd67cobra, the cobra in your avatar is awesome, is it a kit you built?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
northernowl
Senior User
My truck is to tall to fit in my garage. Hell I have to duck when I walk out the garage door.

Quick Reply: does your F150 fit inside your garage?