injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 PM
stacking
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injectors

whats good,

i have a 1994 f-250 powerstroke with 170,000 and im looking to get more performance out of my truck then just a exaust and a tunner. i have sence sold my tunner and am looking at buying a dp tuner, and afe stage 2 intake (any reconmendations on the intake and tunner will be greatly appreciated as well). however i would like to get higher proformance injectors but don't know what size to get and what other requiarments would be needed, such as high pressure oil pump, proformance fuel pump, better turbo, intercooler, or what. i don't have much experience with bigger injectors and am just researching the ideas, but want want more power then just what the tunner offered. and reconmendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
stacking

Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 PM
striper_fly
New User
I own a 94 PSD and the first thing I would do is put a pcm from a 96 psd in it... it will fix a lot of power issues, and help keep your new injectors you want tunned and make it easier to diagnose problems

Old 03-21-2008, 12:05 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
striper, why do you say change the pcm? What's the difference or what changes?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Stacking, Tymar all the way for the intake. For performance, you can't beat a good tuner and injectors. But there are other things.

10k mod
hot pedal
FPR shim
HPX line
Gut the EBPV
Hot IDM

The list is endless, but those are some.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:10 AM
97-psd
Logistics Pro
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
the stock HPOP will suffice with stage 1 injectors but if your pump is weak or if you plan on going to stage 2s you will need to upgrade to a super duty 17* HPOP, which is a little harder to do on a 94 but can still be done. As a chip goes have you looked at the TW chips, many here have them and swaer buy them. when you had your exhaust done, did they replace the down pipe?? How much more punch are you looking for out of your truck, alot of things can be done to these trucks, but figuring out what you want/need out of your truck is foremost but can be hard to distinguish once PMS starts setting in

Old 03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
striper_fly
New User
"striper, why do you say change the pcm? What's the difference or what changes?"

The reason I say that is my truck had a bad injector.. well I took it to Pueblo Diesel Mech... and they told me nothing was wrong with it... Well what I came to find out is the 94 pcm will not diagnose many problems that are wrong with the truck.... In the 96 psd they fixed a ton of problems that the original pcm (94 psd) had... I put one in mine and I would say it gave about 20% better power, Response... etc... and now when I hook it up to a machine it will tell me whats wrong with it... The overall truck is tuned better and runs stronger..

Old 03-21-2008, 08:55 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

You make a very good point striper. I was gonna put my 96 pcm in my "new" 95 but didn't because I figured it was the same. And I was actually told it was the same. But I think your point is very valid. I'm gonna change them just to see the difference. Rep sent.

Sorry to hyjack the thread stacking

Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
striper_fly
New User
Hey Rubberduck
Let me know if you notice a huge difference... I am curious to see if there is a big change from the 95 to the 96 PCM like there was on my 94 to 96 pcm swap

Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Well, my truck build date is 10/94. But it's titled as 95. Believe me, I'll let you know. I'm very curious too. I've got all my mods on this new truck, and when I drive my 96, I still think to myself that the throttle is not even close to as crisp. And just suttle things that my 96 just does better. We'll see. I've actually got to go get to work on another truck right now so maybe if we get done early (before the sun comes up) We'll switch them out.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
striper_fly
New User
sweet... I don't think you'll be disapointed... I wasn't hehe

Old 03-22-2008, 01:46 AM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RubberDuck
Well, my truck build date is 10/94. But it's titled as 95. Believe me, I'll let you know. I'm very curious too. I've got all my mods on this new truck, and when I drive my 96, I still think to myself that the throttle is not even close to as crisp. And just suttle things that my 96 just does better. We'll see. I've actually got to go get to work on another truck right now so maybe if we get done early (before the sun comes up) We'll switch them out.
Please get back to us on this one. Iam wondering if it would matter with a chip. Dont you think a programmer would change the program in the stock PCM and remove any promlems with software? Of maybe its a hardware thing and other PCM are made differant.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:11 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Well, it's 5am here in TX. I just got done doing gauges. We started at 11, but there's always alot of lies to be told and general BSing to be done. So what should have taken a few hours ended up being an all night affair. So needless to say I didn't get the PCM changed. But I promise I will do it as soon as I get a chance, and I'll let yall know how it goes for me.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
striper_fly
New User
Hey scatgo, I think if your programmer asked for the year of your truck it matters...

Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but most programmers list 94-03 on our trucks as the year, some do list 94-97, but only a few places ask for specific years and those are typicly chips, not tuners

Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
striper_fly
New User
thats true

Quick Reply: injectors