1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Michigan Fuel going up.....$0.50??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:10 PM
kawa
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michigan Fuel going up.....$0.50??

I heard on the radio today that some high ranking mucky muck in Michigan wants to add an additional $0.50 per gallon of fuel in an attempt to encourage drivers to drive less.

I can't recall this dudes name but if he is successful in this endeavor you guys will be making history with the first $5.00 per gallon fuel or close to it

Try to remain calm as you attempt to hire a hit man. I hear that he can be wacked for a taco and a six pack of coors. LOL

All kidding aside if this guy gets what he wants you know it will spread across this country like wild fire.

Rog

Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 PM
IceboxFX
Tuned
Originally Posted by kawa

Try to remain calm as you attempt to hire a hit man. I hear that he can be wacked for a taco and a six pack of coors. LOL

Rog

haha i like that...

this guy is on crack. what would be the point of making people drive less?? high gas prices are not because we are 'running out of oil'

Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kawa
I heard on the radio today that some high ranking mucky muck in Michigan wants to add an additional $0.50 per gallon of fuel in an attempt to encourage drivers to drive less.

I can't recall this dudes name but if he is successful in this endeavor you guys will be making history with the first $5.00 per gallon fuel or close to it

All kidding aside if this guy gets what he wants you know it will spread across this country like wild fire.

Rog
thats crazy!! I need a name!! Address too!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:16 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

He must not realize that a major part of Michigan economy is based on tourism and automobile parts and sales!! WHAT AN IDIOT!! That would be the biggest mistake ever. Maybe he is Canadian and wants MI to go down the tubes so the US will sell my homeland to Canada.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 PM
F0rdF0rever
Posting Guru
Does he want to lose the next election?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
StrokeThis96
Senior User
i really dont think you're going to make people drive less, some it is a business, sounds like an idiot to me. i did see that oil went down to 101.84 a barrel today, so lets see how long it will take for it to go down. sure shoots up fast but likes to linger itself down over time.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 PM
kawa
Postmaster
I am really sorry that I can't recall his name. It's something like Dinkel or Danga it's along those lines. He is also a member of Michigan State Government, Senator or what ever. I would imagine that if CA radio got it right Michigan TV will have the story and this "Dork's" name will be revealed.

Good luck on this one Guys.

Rog

Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
95psd
Senior User
Remember all of the people in office right now during the elections, and cast your votes wisely. We need all new leadership in my mind.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
onefarmer
Senior User
I just googled it. Look here. Michigans economy it already the worst in the nation. Why not make it $1.00 or more. I would have thought they'd learn after the budget fiasco.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
kawa
Postmaster
Michigans' economy being the worst in the nation was also part of the story that I heard but I didn't want to mention that part. Hell all of you ranchers and farmers as well as the, how do I put this? the everyday working class knows what the economic situation is in the state.

Actually, this idiot sounds like he was a transplant from California, we grow the Dorks here.

Rog

Old 03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
kawa
Postmaster
OK, I just found it: Dem. Congreeman John DINGELL proposes 50 Cent fuel tax.

Google: "Michigan 50 cent Gas"

Rog

Old 03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Well his name fits him well! John DingBat might just get a few letters from me!! Thanks Rog for bringing this up!!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:09 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
Well his name fits him well! John DingBat might just get a few letters from me!! Thanks Rog for bringing this up!!
Tim

How big is mass transit?
Some states do this to get people to use it when #'s are low.
This is how they turn system losses into gains.

Bill

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by tjbeggs
He must not realize that a major part of Michigan economy is based on tourism and automobile parts and sales!! WHAT AN IDIOT!! That would be the biggest mistake ever. Maybe he is Canadian and wants MI to go down the tubes so the US will sell my homeland to Canada.
HEY whats with the low blow to CANADIANS!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, that 50 cent tax is for everybody...not just us Michiganders if I read it right.

Besides...The government needs a way to recoup that $$ from the "Economic Stimulus Package" the jerk in the white house just passed. Hmmm? What a joke! It will only take 2000 gallons of fuel, average, to get it back..

HEY whats with the low blow to CANADIANS!
Hey, WALJON relax...our Governor (Granholm) is Canadian. I think TJ may have a real concern here LOL!

Quick Reply: Michigan Fuel going up.....$0.50??