1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Evolution Custom Tunes and Datastreaming

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:12 PM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution Custom Tunes and Datastreaming

I will have my Evo back Friday with new firmware and 3 new custom tunes (5 max + stock tune stored). I asked about datastreaming modification and...

From Bill Cohron at Power Hungry Performance:
"I can certainly expand the Datastream functions, I'll just need to spend some time on it. Tell folks to keep an eye on the website and when I update the firmware, I'll post it. If you could, let me know what people are looking for and I'll see how difficult it is to get it added. Also, a link to the thread would be cool."

For those with these units, what might you want?

- Ish

Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
are his tunes comparible to Jody's or Wildman's tunes? on the datastream i would like HPOP psi added. that would be pretty awesome.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Todd525
Posting Guru
I too would like the HPOP psi added, thats about all though. I already have boost, trayy, and pyrp, but I think thats all there really is. Can he actually get a water temp reading? If thats possible, you can compare that to EOT, and your set. I se that Bill (who has 3 posts lol) was a friend of TW. Maybe we can get those two together to get some badazz tunes out for our trucks and make guys jealous that only have the TW chip? Maybe one guy has an idea or knows something that tht eother doesnt? Was just a thought.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sounds cool!

For data
ICP pressure
IPR duty cycle %
Engine oil temp
Baro sensor
MAP sensor
Transmission range sensor )park/neutral, Reverse, Drive)
Trans temp
Vehicle Speed
RPM

Those are the main ones that I can think of for good diagnostics

Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Todd525
Posting Guru
TJ, Most of what you said comes on edge from the factory, RPM, Trans temp, and Engine oil temp. It also has exahust back pressure too. got some neat functions, and that why i got it, but I really would like TW tunes without spending a crap load for it and having to keep the edge to pull codes, lets al pray that we can make this happen...LOL

Old 02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Tim Shultz
Senior User
yeah, new tunes on my edge would be sweet.. but I'd REALLY like to change on the fly.. even though it don't take all THAT long to down load.. I'd rather be able to do it at the flip of a switch.. eco setting for driving around town, 100HP for the ricer at the red light.. :0) at the flip of a switch? thats what I'm wanting now..

Old 02-28-2008, 03:11 PM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
From the other thread I started when my PCM froze a couple weeks ago:

"Originally Posted by Todd525
If we can only get TW to send his custom tunes to this guy that programs the edge, talk about package huh???????"

"Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
That's not too far out of line. Tony and I are good friends and I am part of the reason (among others) he got into this business in the first place. I am sure we could work something out. - Bill"

Some potential here fellas. Bill is the owner of Power Hungry Performance. I do like the idea of switching a multi-position chip on the fly...and I also like the code reader, data streamer, 1/4 mile, 0-60, and being able go back to stock without opening my PCM as with the programmer. For us OBS guys who already own the Evolution, maybe our options have just increased. I'll let you know this w/e when I get to play with Bill's tunes.
- Ish

Last edited by MTNWOODY; 02-28-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
how could i contact him about a reburn for my super?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Tim Shultz
Senior User
can you get the 0-60 and 1/4 time to work ALL the time? it seems like if my truck hops ANY (and it does it a lot) it says run aborted or somthing like that.. any tricks? it's the ONLY problem with mine so far.. best time I got it to read was 17.66 for the 1/4, and 13.45 for the 60 foot time.. be faster when I get my ladder bars done.. :0)
(that is with a 5 speed)

Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
Bill's website is powerhungryperformance.com

I never got as far as trying the 1/4mi and 0-60 functions as my PCM froze on program install the first time I played with it other than reading codes. Maybe this weekend if I can get my front end back together.
- Ish

Old 02-28-2008, 04:19 PM
97 HD
Elder User
I wish it could read EGT and Boost. I know it would have to have a pyro for it to read EGT, but it would be nice. Could it get a good boost reading from the MAP?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Shultz
can you get the 0-60 and 1/4 time to work ALL the time? it seems like if my truck hops ANY (and it does it a lot) it says run aborted or somthing like that.. any tricks? it's the ONLY problem with mine so far.. best time I got it to read was 17.66 for the 1/4, and 13.45 for the 60 foot time.. be faster when I get my ladder bars done.. :0)
(that is with a 5 speed)
mine doesn't read all the time either. the best time i've been able to yank outta mine was a 17.05 at 82mph and somewhere in the 10's for the 0-60mph.

Tim Shultz, if it takes your truck 13.45 seconds to go 60 ft then i would throw that thing in the junk yard cause something is very very wrong with it!! LoL. that is a 0-60mph time. mine does a 2.2 60ft time.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
2 stroke man
Postmaster
i found their site right after posting that lol. he said no reburn for super