1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

a ford f250 powerstroke is not a truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a ford f250 powerstroke is not a truck

thats right i said it, its not a real truck, its a fing tank! i got in an accident today. i was comming into our parking lot at our shop probably going a little bit too fast (about 15mph) and our shop is in a industrial area and low on the list of streets to get plowed. by the time it does all the snow is packed into ice and the plow dosent do much good. well i was lightly breaking comming into the turn and the front of the truck started to push so i took my foot off the breaks and still kept going straight. i then slamed right into a teliphone poll breaking it. as im sitting in the truck i see my bug defelcor on the front warped im expecting to start seeing anti freeze and steam comming out the hood any second. well as im cursing out loud i go to back up away from the poll and i cant get any traction to go backwards so i put it in 4wd and pulled away from the poll firt thing i see is the poll laying at an 45degree angle and now im realy cursing i look at the front of my truck and im amazed at the lack of damage my bumper was pushed back a couple inches on the drivers side and the grill gard broke the bug deflector and a little crack in the grill. i will take pics to morrow but my truck still drives perfect other than i need to get the bumper pulled out a little as the tire bearly rubs the bumper when making a right hand turn. ill start looking for new parts soon. i dont think theres enough damage to warrent turning my damages into the insurance company seems how they are already paying for a new teliphone poll i dont need to give them an excuse to jack my rates up any more anywhaz. and i can probably fix it all for less than my 500 dollar deductable.

Last edited by 884x4broncoII; 02-13-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:03 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

wow, well thats unfortunate but darn good to hear that the damage was minor while takin out a telephone pole haha. i could share my list of stories but i think il keep then to my self.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 AM
fordman837000
Senior User
i pushed a car while plowing and I wasn ' t even in the truck! my truck was in gear idled up a hill and pushed my friends car 500 feet before I got to the truck. Lucky for me his car was totaled before I got there.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 AM
fordman837000
Senior User
forgot to put it in park LOL!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru

in this pictrue you can see the bumper pushed back

in this picture you can see a small dent in the hood that will be coverd when i install a new bug refletor

the crack it put in the grill

not to bad considering i snapped a telephone poll still sucks but im amazed how the truck held up

Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Pete in Maine
Junior User
You might want to talk to your insurance agent before you tart shelling out your own cash. My agent tells me that state farm doesn't jack rates based on one particular claim amount, but based on some sort of calculation that factors the number of claims over time, the amount of those claims, what kind of accident (how many other cars and houses you insure), etc. I had an accident that cost a bunch, but because of the other factors, didn't impact my rates. Anyway, it might be worth checking into. Once you open a claim, it might be worth taking as much as you can get.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
well iv got a 500 dollar deductable on my insurance. the teliphone poll would be covered under my liability insurance so there is no deductable there. the guy that came out from the power company estimated it at about $3000 to replace the poll 1000 for the pole and about 2000 for labor. as far as my truck i can probably fix it for under 500. im sure if i took it to an auto body place i could get an estimte at about 1100 or so for my truck but i could just pickup a used bumper/grill remount my grill gard on my new bumper and throw a new bug reflector on there for 400. of course thoughts are just what i assume things would cost, however ill have to shop around a bit and find out for sure. for the 2-300 i could pocket out of the deal ill pay double in raised insurance rates. plus last winter i had an claim when i started my jeep to let it warm up and dident set the parking break hard enough and it rolled back into the rear quarter panel of a cheep car and put a pretty good size dent in the car. i will however talk to my insurance agent and find out what the best route to go is

Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
whew!
i was about to get pissed when i saw the title...
Unfortunate but funny, glad the damage seems little. i would take it in to the shop for an estimate, because then you will know everything that was damaged... just so you dont miss anything.
Good luck!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

thats true you should make sure that the only damage you have is what you know of already. if it checks out alright i know round where i live i could pick up a hood bumper and grill for under 100 at my local scrap car yard, if you cant find the same color hood or are satisfied with the bug guard covorin it it will cost you even less.
good luck with insutance and the repairs!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drove mine INTO the trunk of a towncar. That's right you could see where the leaf springs went over the bumper and into the trunk. Both his quarter panels were warped and everything back was destroyed. I just bought a new bumper for mine and you couldn't tell anything happened except for the small scratch on top of the hood where his trunklid came down on it.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Your rather fortunate that is all the damage you got it must of been an old pole I build and install hydro lines and have seen some doozies

I bet your bush bar saved you if it wasn,t there you would have a lot more damage

good to here your ok!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, those front bumpers are a weak point on these trucks.(ha ha) I hit a deer at about 60mph and it bent the bumper back about 2 inches on the drivers side. The tire would rub when I turned hard to the left. I just set the emergency brake and chalked the tires and got my Dads tractor and a chain and pulled it back. Like you, I couldn't believe more damage wasn't done. The grill wasn't even hurt.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Yeah, those front bumpers are a weak point on these trucks.(ha ha) I hit a deer at about 60mph and it bent the bumper back about 2 inches on the drivers side. The tire would rub when I turned hard to the left. I just set the emergency brake and chalked the tires and got my Dads tractor and a chain and pulled it back. Like you, I couldn't believe more damage wasn't done. The grill wasn't even hurt.
sounds like a friend of mine...
we were headed up to snow, which i came to find, he didnt know how to drive in. he spun out on a bridge and bent the bumper into the tire. 5 minutes, a rope and low range got it back to factory specs (almost )

Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
i pulled my bumper out some today, now at first glance from a distance it looks like nothing happened....lol

Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, you got lucky, usually telephone poles dont give

Quick Reply: a ford f250 powerstroke is not a truck