Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Post Fiend

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Coyote Skins~

I have had the occasion to have an extra lying around after I shoot one that has been killing my critters. Nobody wants them around here, so I hang them over the back fence and the work as a great deterrent in keeping other out of the yard.

The next time I get one, I'll give you a call!!

You want raccoon too??
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Posting Guru

godblessmud is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I want neither because come this early summer we will have plenty from shootin them over at the ranch in eastern WA to keep em from attacking the cattle.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Do you skin'em, Bunny? If so, I'll take one off your hands when we come up to Spokane this summer. I want to stop by and meet you anyhow, and I can bring beads and trinkets to trade!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Post Fiend

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
If someone wants it, I'll skin it,,, I used to give them to a taxidermist friend, but he's retired now,,, So, I just drape the whole thing on the back fence. It really works well in keeping others away!!
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
I'd hate to sell door to door up in those parts...........
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
If someone wants it, I'll skin it,,, I used to give them to a taxidermist friend, but he's retired now,,, So, I just drape the whole thing on the back fence. It really works well in keeping others away!!
If you just want the skins, soak in brine to remove the hair and prepare for the tanning process. If you want to save the pelt for preperation, use rock salt (on the skin side)and freeze until you are able to properly prepare the pelt. (This is only a temp way of keeping the pelt intact.)

Keep the brains!...Rubbing the brains in the skin is a natural way of making the skin very soft when tanning...Other things like tannic acid, which can be obtained from soaking oak bark is another great thing to have.

There are other methods of tanning, and modern ways are less time consuming...I just know the ways I was taught.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
I'd hate to sell door to door up in those parts...........
Why?...Because we don't by vacuums?

p.s. I mentioned wanting some pelts...I did not imagine a thread would be created...LMFAO

Last edited by Placermike; 01-22-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

No, 'cause hanging dead coyotes on the fence to keep others away = similar treatment for salesmen, I would imagine.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike
Why?...Because we don't by vacuums?

p.s. I mentioned wanting some pelts...I did not imagine a thread would be created...LMFAO
Every time we talked about it,,, over there,,, we got scolded for getting "off topic'!!! Ha! Ha!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Our clan leader will be hanging on the fence next to that coyote if he can't be on topic. It was his own words. I used to have a salesman come around here until he saw me cleaning my rifle right there in my garage. Had a good friend tell me I could target shoot out there in Enumclaw, and use the coyote as my target. Never had the chance, he died 7 months later. 60 acres.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Postmaster

I won't comment on the clan...I may get in trouble...lol

I will say...Never under estimate a 'wiley old coyote!'

Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
Hey you Washingtononians, Is it still cold there?.

I bet coyote skin seat covers would be cool - I mean warm in the winter.
Are the hides any good. I have a motorcycle project that needs leather saddlebags. I would need them tanned of course.
Maybe I'll stick to cowhide - Got moose hide?

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 01-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadma
Hey you Washingtononians, Is it still cold there?.

I bet coyote skin seat covers would be cool - I mean warm in the winter.
Are the hides any good. I have a motorcycle project that needs leather saddlebags. I would need them tanned of course.
Maybe I'll stick to cowhide - Got moose hide?
It has been sunny and 75!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Post Fiend

It was a bazillion below zero this morning,,, haven't heard my engine drag like that during a start-up since I left Alaska!!!

We got all the way up to 12 today,,, but the global warming will save us,,, it's gonna be 24 tomorrow!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
It was a bazillion below zero this morning,,, haven't heard my engine drag like that during a start-up since I left Alaska!!!

We got all the way up to 12 today,,, but the global warming will save us,,, it's gonna be 24 tomorrow!!!
Thank goodness for Ford trucks and our personal contribution to the greenhouse effect.

I guess you guys will have to breakout the sunblock tomorrow.

WE DO!

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 01-23-2008, 01:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter

Tags
coyote, skins