Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Posting Guru

origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
T444E trouble, any ideas Ford people?

International T444E was running great, all of a sudden lost power and got the "Engine Warn" light on the dash. I thought the engine died but as it turned out the engine seemed to be still running ok but now it would not exceed 1600 rpm. After coming to a stop I decided to shut engine down and restart to see if it would come out of it, (that turned out to be a mistake as I could have limped it home in that condition) now even though we still have full electrical power and normal dash function the engine won't even crank and yes the automatic tranny is in neutral.
We towed it in and havn't even checked it for codes yet, anyone have any ideas???
two EGR valves, forgot to reconnect the wires on the second one at 151,360 miles.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Posting Guru

westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.westtntrucker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Check your batteries. a dead cell or bad conections will disrupt these motors. On our pickups, they have the dual battery setup. if one battery starts to go bad, i wont run worth a crap or even start. We have to replace both batteries at once when one has a problem. My two cents worth and good luck to ya.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Elder User

wycowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
if it cranked O might say CPS but no crank sounds like batteries / alternates and starters. you could have a couple of problems happening all at once good luck and lett us know. j
Old 11-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Posting Guru

IDMooseMan has a good reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a good reputation on FTE.
IDMooseMan Craig Peters
I agree. If it were turning over, I'd say CPS (I replaced mine at that corrected my problem) but not turning over; check the batteries and cable connections. If they're loose or corroded, that can cause trouble.
Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters - Slackmaster #27, Big BSer #4, 1997 F-350 XLT 4x4 CCLB E4OD 4.10:1
VP BSU Veterans Club
, USAF SSgt 1983-1992, NAHC Life Member, RIP Gideon 3/14/2011-Go play
To those that have served, Thank You. To those that haven't served, You're Welcome.
Fraternal Order of Blue Max
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Posting Guru

Todd525 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Also, if you have done some work in the motor compartment before this happened, be sure to check the back of the alternator as ford used a crappy eyelet for the charging system. Sometimes they just break, and these trucks wont run worth a crap unless you have good batteries.
96 F350 CC Dually PSD. Tuner, straight pipe, 6637 filter, ribbed diff cover, 12.7k mod, 28k tranny cooler, 3 plate TC, autometer boost, trans, and pyro. Used 4 Car Haulers, 5th wheels, goosenecks, Fat Chicks.

01 F250 CC 4x4 PSD. SOLD.....Kinda missed already, and its Day 1.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...525/Loaded.jpg
Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Senior User

97REDPSD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get it started by jumping starter. Then get eng light ck out at truck shop or international dealer. Check in key switch I seen them burn up wires their. good luck!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior User

ono_55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you tried jumping the solenoid with a screw driver to see if will start that way? Or see if it at lest turns over?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Elder User

F350_Hauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where are you?
97 F350 PSD E4OD 4X4 Crew Cab
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Posting Guru

origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the responces, heres an update:

Finally got a chance to work on this unit today and I wanted to get it in the shop before the winter weather predicted for this weekend so;
Turned the key on and crawled underneath and jumped starter, engine started as one would expect for being 10 degrees, I observed that "engine warn" lamp was still on. Once in shop I hooked it up to computer and found that we were going to have to do some fixing before we could even get any data or perform diagnostics tests. I then checked all the fuses and found one labeled "start" burned out, after replacing it I saw it instantly burn out again when I turned the key on. As it turns out this fuse supplies current to instrument panel, throttle position switch and neutral safety switch. Everything appeared ok under the dash so I now have the problem isolated between the firewall and neutral safety switch on the tranny. With the firewall connector unplugged it does not blow the fuse when key is turned on and we now have a working data link established between my computer and this bus. We'll get back to it on Monday.
two EGR valves, forgot to reconnect the wires on the second one at 151,360 miles.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel