Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

WAFTE Store

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WAFTE Store

Check out http://www.cafepress.com/washingtonfte and tell me what you think.

The intent is to market products that are unique to WAFTE. Thus far I am still working on and thinking out the complete details, but at this point, I think it will enable the following:

- Allow Chapter Members the ability to purchase items that are chapter unique.
- Provide income to offset costs of G2G's or other things the members think would be good to do. (i.e helping a member that is in need)

Right now this is an experiment. I have a basic shop set up to see how much support we are willing to give it, and I am also working on the internet marketing of it to see what can be generated from abroad. Eventually, I want to set up a Premium Shop.

I hope that eventually this can be a tool to help WAFTE grow and allow us to create a positive impact on our communities, much like how E Clampus Vitas works... I know this is in the future, but reality starts with an idea.

Mike

p.s. I very much work in the background these days...Just don't have all the time I need to post and do all the other tasks I have to work on.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Need Some Pictures

I just finished working on products for the store, but need pics for a WAFTE Wall Calender...Twelve pictures to be exact.

The front of the calender is the red version of the chapter logo...I think it would be great if we had a pic for each month that came from a member that was born during that month.

Mike

Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
i think thats a great idea! especially the thought that profits could be used to help if a WA member is in need. i suppose this meens i need to become a supporter?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by godblessmud
i think thats a great idea! especially the thought that profits could be used to help if a WA member is in need. i suppose this meens i need to become a supporter?
Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full....lol

Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 AM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
lol i ought to fix that! i thought it bumped out old messages when new came in! yet another reason to support...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Temp Glitch

Right now there is a temp glitch at cafepress...To see the current items go to

http://www.cafepress.com/washingtonfte/0

Old 10-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
I like it.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
Cool. I'd buy some stuff that had the WAFTE logo on it.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by hydrosmith
Cool. I'd buy some stuff that had the WAFTE logo on it.
As Janis Joplin would say...'Get it While You Can'!

You may be able to get things with the WAFTE Logo right now, but CafePress is looking at the Logo for possible infringement rights. I sent them an email a few minutes ago, letting them know that it is our chapter logo, and there are no infringement rights being violated.

The email did not say that there was an infringement, but there are 'Red Flags' in their mind. It might take a few days to get all cleared up, but I am working on it.

When I get this cleared up, I will work on having the Logo and WAFTE registered as trademarks of our Chapter.

A CL's work is never done...LOL

Mike

Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
How about adding an adult hoodie to the fray? Overall a very nice site. Thanks for the work you have done on it.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
Let me tell ya I think it is great that you put this store thing together as fast as you did. You have a great product line up and I will be buying as soon as the store let's me. Hey all let's have a round of applause for our great CL!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
The store is functional, just may not be able to get some items with the WAFTE Logo right now...There are many great items not pending approval!

Old 10-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
How about adding an adult hoodie to the fray? Overall a very nice site. Thanks for the work you have done on it.
Done...Was going to do it yesterday, but did not know if that would be an interest to anyone.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Originally Posted by Placermike
Done...Was going to do it yesterday, but did not know if that would be an interest to anyone.
SWEET!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:13 AM
hydrosmith
Senior User
Mike I am probably behind the times here but I gotta ask anyways. What has happened with the WAFTE store? I am still interested in stuff with the logo on it.

Originally Posted by Placermike
Check out http://www.cafepress.com/washingtonfte and tell me what you think.

The intent is to market products that are unique to WAFTE. Thus far I am still working on and thinking out the complete details, but at this point, I think it will enable the following:

- Allow Chapter Members the ability to purchase items that are chapter unique.
- Provide income to offset costs of G2G's or other things the members think would be good to do. (i.e helping a member that is in need)

Right now this is an experiment. I have a basic shop set up to see how much support we are willing to give it, and I am also working on the internet marketing of it to see what can be generated from abroad. Eventually, I want to set up a Premium Shop.

I hope that eventually this can be a tool to help WAFTE grow and allow us to create a positive impact on our communities, much like how E Clampus Vitas works... I know this is in the future, but reality starts with an idea.

Mike

p.s. I very much work in the background these days...Just don't have all the time I need to post and do all the other tasks I have to work on.