6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

why a bad daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
stroke this
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailerTrash
It's called netiquette. When posting in all capital leters, it is the equivalent of shouting. Every post you made in this thread, with the exception of a few, were written in all caps. You are argueing with an engineer, who obviously has extensive knowledge about regen and DPF's. Instead of trying to antagonize him into a pissing contest, why don't you either, ask him for clarification, which you did, and which he gave you, or, ask him to share some of his knowledge for everyone on the forum to benifit from. I'm finding your poor netiquette and manners kind of irritating and of no benefit to the subject being asked about.
I THINK ITS ODD THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS A NAME TRAILER TRASH, IS TALKING ABOUT ETIQUETTE AND i THINK THAT A FELLA CAN TYPE WITH CAPS ON IF HE LIKES AND NOT MEEN IT AS SHOUTING. AS FOR THE ENGINEER, HE MADE A STATMENT THAT WAS IMPROPER AND WAS TO PROUD TO CHANGE IT.
IF YOU CARE, I'M A MECHANICAL ENGINEER AND AM CARFUL ABOUT THE STATMENTS THAT I MAKE TO UNSURE THEY ARE NOT FALSE. THAT PUTS ME IN DOUBT OF MR. ROB.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
TrailerTrash
Senior User
So, I'm not permitted to point out how someone "might" think you are shouting, simply because of my username? There's some logic for everyone to ponder.

Great, I'm an engineer too, we're all engineers. Let's rename this site "Engineers who own Fords". That's the beauty of the internet, you can be anything you want, regarless of whether it's true or not.

Oh, by the way, you ARE that irritating. It's not a case of lacking layers of skin. It's that you continue to post usless remarks in an attempt to get people all wound up. There is also a term for that, it's called a troll. Now you know 2 internet terms, netiquette and troll.

Last edited by TrailerTrash; 10-19-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
theoshin
Senior User
So, I'm not permitted to point out how someone "might" think you are shouting, simply because of my username? There's some logic for everyone to ponder.

Great, I'm an engineer too, we're all engineers. Let's rename this site "Engineers who own Fords". That's the beauty of the internet, you can be anything you want, regarless of whether it's true or not.

Oh, by the way, you ARE that irritating. It's not a case of lacking layers of skin. It's that you continue to post usless remarks in an attempt to get people all wound up. There is also a term for that, it's called a troll. Now you know 2 internet terms, netiquette and troll.
i started work at 6am and am still going with the end not yet in site - that was funny - thanks, i needed a laugh - been sick for a week.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:23 PM
stroke this
Senior User

SURE YOUR PERMITTED, IF I CAN USE CAPS WHICH I DON'T THINK IS A BIG DEAL. AS FOR USELESS REMARKS THEY MUST BOTHER YOU FOR A REASON.
SORRY YOU ARE WOUND UP.
I THOUGHT YOU SENSITIVE GUYS WERE GOING TO IGNORE THIS POST.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Bagger
Elder User
Trust me the caps are least of what makes your post annoying. If you could read the whole thing over moving regens it was pretty clear in list that can only have 3 (Ford, chevy or dodge) that by not including ford they were the ones that would allow for a stationary regen.

To get back to the point of this post it has been claimed at least for the 6.0 if you do not get the trucks up to operating temps it will cause the turbos to die a premature death. Also older diesels took a long time to warm up and the older diesels you had to let them cool down before you shut them off. The cool down for b4 shut off and long warm up times are why you see many older pickups idling for when gasser would just shut down. AFAIK most of these thing are not an issue anymore. I am just trying to wrangle this post back to the topic.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by stroke this
I THINK ITS ODD THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS A NAME TRAILER TRASH, IS TALKING ABOUT ETIQUETTE AND i THINK THAT A FELLA CAN TYPE WITH CAPS ON IF HE LIKES AND NOT MEEN IT AS SHOUTING. AS FOR THE ENGINEER, HE MADE A STATMENT THAT WAS IMPROPER AND WAS TO PROUD TO CHANGE IT.
IF YOU CARE, I'M A MECHANICAL ENGINEER AND AM CARFUL ABOUT THE STATMENTS THAT I MAKE TO UNSURE THEY ARE NOT FALSE. THAT PUTS ME IN DOUBT OF MR. ROB.
That's funny, several posts ago you said you were a contractor. Are you having to pull down 2 jobs to pay for your truck?

Since you are so sure of the statements you make, you must also be quite proud of your spelling abilities. This alone makes me doubt Mr. Stroke this, not to mention his choice of screen names reinforces my trust in his word.

Last edited by rob_nc; 10-19-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM
RangerEdgeO2
Senior User
The ignore feature of these forums is very useful...

Old 10-19-2007, 09:05 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RangerEdgeO2
The ignore feature of these forums is very useful...

Right up until someone qoutes the ones on your ignore list.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by origcharger
Right up until someone qoutes the ones on your ignore list.
Sorry about that.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rob_nc
Sorry about that.

No problem, this thread should be scheduled for a regeneration soon to burn off the soot.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 AM
stroke this
Senior User
Talking

That's funny, several posts ago you said you were a contractor. Are you having to pull down 2 jobs to pay for your truck?

Since you are so sure of the statements you make, you must also be quite proud of your spelling abilities. This alone makes me doubt Mr. Stroke this, not to mention his choice of screen names reinforces my trust in his word.
YEs sirE I do Allot OF CONTRACT WORK

Old 10-20-2007, 07:04 AM
stroke this
Senior User
Given the fact that an average Active regen lasts approx. 20 minutes, that's how long the vehicle will need to be in constant motion in order to complete a cycle. Now, remember that a cycle will continue where it left off if interrupted. This means if it starts on the way to work, but doesn't finish before you get there, it is likely it will finish on your way home provide the distance is far enough.

The reason I say this winter will be a challenge is simple, the CAC will be cooling the charge air to a cooler temp during the winter than during hot summer months. Cooler air into the engine results in cooler EGTs as well. It may be beneficial to install a winter front with a permanent hole in the center to keep the charge air warmer. You won't suffer any performance loss compared to summer months. You don't want to shut it off completely though.

We've experienced trouble with moving Active regens when the temps fall below 20F. We do allow driver initiated stationary regens though and we have devices on our engines that help keep the EGTs high enough to allow an active regen when stopped. It is an inconvenience for the driver, but at least he is able to do something about it rather than getting towed.
tHIS IS THR POST THAT I HAVE BEEN COMMENTING ON.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:07 AM
16.7:1
Junior User
I hope you don't have to write any reports...

Old 10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
NORTHLAND06
Senior User
I own Ford Tauras 95 and it's paid for and use it for most of my drive back and forth to work, because car dealership I work at has small park lot and it's only 13 miles to work from my house one way. Plus car can get's 20mpg and it's PAYED FOR!! If had to drive my truck back & forth to work I would do and not think about it. I will drive more it's winter in the snow maybe if their is snow. My 2 cent worth.