Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

GOOD Diesel Dealersip in SE PA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GOOD Diesel Dealersip in SE PA?

Hey everyone just wanted to drop in and say hello.

And i was wondering if anyone knows of a good dealership that can actually diagnose and fix problems on the 6.0 diesels. I live in Chester county

Thanks a lot, hope everyone has a good weekend and taker easy on the beers.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:58 AM
MBBCop
Junior User
Try Keeseys Airport Auto. West of Coatesville on Bus. Rt 30. , near Chester County Airport. He is a Ford Sr Master Mech. This guy knows Fords. If he cant fixed it it cant be fixed!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 AM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
hey r u serious? i mean, does he know the 6.ohhhhhhhhh as we all know them? lol that would be great if he does...

I only live 12 minutes door to door from the chester county airport....(Believe me i know, i spent many nites up there haha) It would be great to have someone who knows what the hell theyre doing...

Do u know if i can get warranty work done there? both my trucks (6.0s) are still under thats y im wondering

Thanks for the feedbacK

Last edited by King of the Road 04; 10-19-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:11 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anything wrong with them or just looking? i am a ford master but no longer work for them, the DOD pays much better and doesnt have the headaches

Old 10-20-2007, 07:12 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
I bought my truck at the orginal dealership and after having a few run ins with the service manager (Dont call me a liar, or idiot to my face....and no he didnt say it directly, but it was his intent.) I decided to go to another for service.

Second dealership is top notch in customer service, i just dont think i am getting quality mechanical work......

Im an easy guy to deal with, i run my own business so i know how "customers" can be. However, im a half decent mechanic and even have a A & P license from the FAA (which i have never used lol) so I am no master mechanic by any means, but i know a widget from a didget if you know what i mean.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
eww i hate widgets. they were horrible in 6.0's if you are under warrnety i am afraid i can no longer help you seeing as i work for the govt now but if you need help with anything else i can give you a hand. if you do run into problems i still have contacts in the ford service engineer side and can maybee push a few buttons to get things movin

Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
Hey thanks a lot coonhunterjoe, once i see whats wrong with my e series and its 6.0 ill get working on my F-350, and if no one has any ideas i may take u up on ur offer and get some advice.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
MexicanScaper987
Postmaster
I've used Faulkner Ford in quakertown once. No complaints; just a bit far for me.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
e-series are hard on 6.0's, they get way too hot under the hood and cook them, i have done way too many injectors, turbos and head gaskets on the vans then my likin, what are your symptoms?

Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
I guess I should check in more often haha.

Coonhunterjoe in reference to your question...

My symptoms are:

I can not let the truck idle, in the mornings now that its cold i let it idle like 5 minutes to warm up a little and thats it. When driving, before up to operating temp, i try to keep the shifting to a max of 2000 RPMs until warmed up.

The problem is one it warms up, It will start hesitating, bucking off and on under partial throttle (i will say "half" throttle). It will blow white smoke like crazy and have no power, untill i floor it and it "clears" itself out and is fine. But if i dont constantly floor it i have this hesitation, bucking/loss of power issue.

Now, for some fill in info.

This has been going on for awhile, through numerous fuel filter changes (both filters).

I took it to the dealership and they said it was a bad EGR valve and replaced it. It seemed to help minimize the problem, but the problem never went away. And now it is getting progressively worse again.

And as far as i know everything from recalls and TSBs were done to the vehicle.

So there are the symptoms.....lemme know whatcha think when u have a chance.

Thanks for any ideas

Chuck

Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
the newest egr valve has a stronger motor in it, if yours was gunked up with cruddy soot then odds are yu either have a leaking egr cooler or popped head gaskets. is your truck an early 04 or a late 04? key being where is your icp located? is it in the passenger valve cover or is it in the high pressure oil pump? if its in the oil pump it could still be an oil soaked icp sensor, i have had them go out even after the recall part is installed.

i cant remember if you are still under warrenty, if so then go back and complain, since its a comeback you dont pay the deductable again, dont let them fool you into it, call customer service if they try to pull that one on you, get the codes and i can be alot more help.

it does sort of sound like the egr could be sticking again but usually its black smoke, not white. there could be a leaky injector causing the white smoke but i dont think flooring it would normaly make it go away

what do you mean you cant let the truck idle? what does it do when idling?

Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 AM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
The Van is still under warranty i believe, well maybe just out of the original 3 yr. Im not sure on the build date, we got the Van around july/august....my guess its an early 04 engine.

And the reason i cant let it idle is because it just "loads up" and wont go anywhere unless at full throttle. And i know about wet-stacking, but that shouldnt be an issue in 15-20 minutes should it? Unless theres a problem causing it I would suspect.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Pacerguyel2
Junior User
I work at Chapman Ford in Lancaster right on Rt. 72 not too far from Chester County, however I do not work on the trucks, I stay with the cars, but pretty sure your warranty should go to 100k miles. We have a good truck department, some are better than others, Guy by the name of Matt is really good and knows all the diesels like the back of his hand. Probably the best truck guy there. Do not know if this will help you any, but let me know if I can help you in any way. Brian

Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
your truck shouldnt "load up" period. your warrent is 5 years 100k on the engine, take her in and complain.

that could be the egr sticking but again, thats not usually white smoke. i think you may have a leaking injector

Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
Ill have to take it in, maybe ill try this Chapman Ford....I know i have a warranty till 5/100k on the engine, but isnt there a $100 dollar deductible after 3/36k? even for engine work?

And its not the $100 dollars, i just dont wana take it in, pay it and then not have it right and then have to take it back etc etc....this is my work truck i need it everyday if ya know what i mean. It pains me to be with out it haha.

I just reread one of ur post joe....I guess ill complain if need be, i just want my dam van fixed and be done with it....Its been in a few times......ive always told them about this problem and they could never "make it appear", but then it got really bad and all of a sudden it was the EGR.......(i honestly dont think they know what theyre doing)hence is why i need a competent dealer to take care of me under the warranty lol

But anyways thanks again, im continuing my search

Quick Reply: GOOD Diesel Dealersip in SE PA?