General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

colon /bladder cancer.. urostomy colostomy,ilyostomy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
colon /bladder cancer.. urostomy colostomy,ilyostomy

as most of you all know my wife suffered with bladder cancer and now has a urostomy. We are now working with a major manufacturer of ostomy roducts to develop a web site dedicated to the support of ostomy patients. This site will be the brainchild of me and my wife. I was wondering if anyone here had any input or issues with the care and all of ostomys and stomas etc. I know thre are a few cancer survivors here anyone have any input?
by the way my wife went to her 90 day checkup and they found she is still cancer free so hopefully she will be in remission for many years to come

Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
whoa! dang dude, i really hope her the best, i went through the cancer thing last year, and let me tell you, by my 6th chemo round, at age 30 and very athletic, i was in a horrible state, strength wise, mentality wise...everything, i really have to hand it to people that have gone through it, even without chemo, the emotional shock of just the word....i give automatic respect to anyone who has have to go through it.

i don't know anything about the cancer you described, but i think it is a great idea.

the check ups are great! but they are stressful also, now days every sneeze, headache, cough or something i always freak out a bit, its getting better, september will be one year since my last chemo treatment.

if there is one thing i wish for is for the entire world to concentrate their effort on finding a cure for cancer.

good luck.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
350steve
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ranger1999 Bob
by the way my wife went to her 90 day checkup and they found she is still cancer free so hopefully she will be in remission for many years to come
I hope so to,want to see both of ya at the next G T G and years to come.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ranger, i tried to get to you before you went to the "show". my mom got jerked around for months. she finaly found Hollister. she loves that co. as they cut it for her rosette, no leaks, and easy for her to work.
i'm sorry i didn't get back to you sooner

Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
littlesunray
Elder User
ranger, glad to hear the good news about the wife being cancer free so far, hope she stays cancer free now. Dad had cancer but the sad thing was it was far to advance to take it he only took about 4 doses or radation and stopped that but I grew up fast to help mom take of dad we did not want him in the hospital so we ended up getting hospice and we had them for 6 months put I would do over just to have my dad here with me god rest his soul.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:52 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
hi lenny hollister seems to make the second best product for my wife. She would get two to three days out of their products and with coloplast she gts five to six days.. there are alot of variables and the skin has alot to do with it. My wife needs a special adhesieve ( made by hollister) Niastatin powder and the pink tape but luckilly it works for her. some of the products by marlen and convatec wouldnt last more than a few hours and she was so upset for a while she was hoping she would die cause she was afraid things would never get better. We had gone to visit my daughter in NJ and on the way back we stopped to get milk in Target and the bag fell off her skin suddenly in targets parking lot and she really lost it... coloplast productscame in and she started getting better.. now save the clot shes working out well and life is basically normal.Im just real upset that in the richest country in the world people have to suffer like that.. we met alot of people at coloplasts meeting who had all kinds of problems with fit and all so hopefully we can make a difference for them all

Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tell me about it ranger. right after losing Nan.. i had to watch my mom go through it. you've heard that. the hollister 1 piece is the one my mom swears by.
if you and your wife find better, please let me know.
i'll pass it on to my mom