c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ah the inside joke, sucks i havent been here long enough

Old 07-15-2007, 12:11 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
As much as I wish I could say it's a joke, it's not.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...p-removal.html

All goes well till about 1/4 down the page.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
holy crap, somebody was a bit cranky

Old 07-15-2007, 10:58 AM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RubberDuck
As much as I wish I could say it's a joke, it's not.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...p-removal.html

All goes well till about 1/4 down the page.
WOW, That was quite the thread.

Last edited by DAVID'S97F250HD; 07-15-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
DAVID'S97F250HD
Posting Guru
Back on topic, try roating your tires..........its easy and simple.

I'm not sticking up for the guy but I would like to think after a few months it would be water under the bridge.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
ajbeiler
Senior User
that sure is uncalled for. i stand with duck, he needs an appology in my book he did not mean any harm anyway this is a place for helping and not fighting and theres just not call for that sort of stuff here.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:53 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

David, I'm all for water under the bridge. But the point is, I no doubt helped this guy out and he flamed the crap out of me for something that wasn't my fault. I gave him the opportunity to respond calmly, but he opted not to. I'm one of those people that if one person is mad a me for somthing, I don't feel good about it until I have righted the wrong. Even if it isn't me. So if he won't talk to me, I can't fix it. So that tells me he's okay with me walking around with a cloud over me that he caused and doesn't want to fix it. Most likely he doesn't even care. So I will be his black cloud in here. I'll haunt everything I see his name on until he says he's sorry, period.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow... that sucks man. you went off on a guy that does everything he can to help people out??? i personally trust cody with everything on my truck and if something just happens to break then i will fix it although i know cody will try to fix it for me. i know this b/c he tried to do it when we were putting on my stacks. you shouldn't even ask for help if your just going to do that to the people trying to help you.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:27 AM
racenitro
Mountain Pass
Did he tell you that he was providing information that was WAY OFF! He obviously is very weak...as I easily broke the bolt using his advice, or I am extremely strong even though I am a senior citizen.

Rubberduck..you can say what ever you want....it will take a better person than you to elicit an apology for me being upset about poor information....

That bad piece of information cost me over $1500 in lost billable time due to having the truck down a whole day while I replaced the bolt. Even Ford did not have a replacement.

Remember...there always are two sides to a story.

If you want to keep making this an issue...Go ahead....I have had people jump on me on as an elected official....just let it roll off my back....you win some and you loose some....you can please all of the people some of the time, but can't please all of the people all of the time.

Rubberduck...HAVE A NICE DAY!

Last edited by racenitro; 07-16-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Racenitro yet another poor response. You said that you were torqued that bolt 70ft lbs. thats 25 ft lbs less than the spec for the bolt. Shame on you for not being able to read (no where did Cody state the torque specs) then shame on your for a bolt breaking and blaming it one somebody else. I don't care how much money it costs you. Its a broken bolt that is no bodies fault. Unless you were using a poorly calibrated torque wrench, then its your fault.

You have stated in this thread and the other about how much money you have had to spend on your truck. Well when all you do is throw parts at it what do you expect. If you can't diagnose the porblem yourself either find a qualified mechanic that can or come here for advice (though I doubt you'll get much with that attitude) before you spend a grand replacing stuff that doesn't need to be replaced.

My rant is over!

And since I am all for helping people you should replace your tires since they are junk anyway. Also how old are your shocks?

Last edited by tjbeggs; 07-16-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by racenitro
Did he tell you that he was providing information that was WAY OFF! He obviously is very weak...as I easily broke the bolt using his advice, or I am extremely strong even though I am a senior citizen.

Rubberduck..you can say what ever you want....it will take a better person than you to elicit an apology for me being upset about poor information....

That bad piece of information cost me over $1500 in lost billable time due to having the truck down a whole day while I replaced the bolt. Even Ford did not have a replacement.

Remember...there always are two sides to a story.

If you want to keep making this an issue...Go ahead....I have had people jump on me on as an elected official....just let it roll off my back....you win some and you loose some....you can please all of the people some of the time, but can't please all of the people all of the time.

Rubberduck...HAVE A NICE DAY!
First, the info you used to do that pump swap was dead nuts on. I didn't give you any certain torque specs. If your too stupid to understand instuctions, you must be a geriatric moron.

The only thing weak on me is my ability to say "NO" to helping jackass' like you. You probably had 3 feet of cheater pipe on some harbor freight piece of crap torque wrench. Or at least that's my guess.

A better person than me to get an appology......please. If you are a so called
"elected official". I would probably just take a small bag of cocain and a cheap ***** and you'd say whatever I want. Official...........Official jerkoff!

You were to gawd damn stupid to even respond, you could have had a bolt in your hand the same day, or the next morning. I would have sent it to you, but you were too ***** to respond. I'm glad it cost your *** money, serves you right. And yeah, I'll make this **** an issue. Take you good day and shove it in you ***!!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
nicely put tim. racenitro, cody is an awesome person and even tried to help you out one more time after your toddler tantrum by asking you if you wanted him to overnight you the bolt, but no you might be much older than i am, but at least i don't blame my mistakes on other people. lataz MUCH!!!! i'm out of this thread!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
otpracer100
Senior User
I've gotta say that I don't post as much wisdom as some of the gurus on here. Most of the time I just take info in. As of this post I shall no longer respond to racenitro !!!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
ahhh, every forum has the same problems, i run into the same thing on my airwolf forum, so i'll say the same thing here as i do there, noone here has stabbed me in the back, so i will post to all who ask for my help and opinions, i am very hard to **** off, but stab me in the back once and you've buried the hatchet so deep you'll never get it out. Its not a warning its a promise, i may be young but i've got a ton of info and over 8 years powerstroke experiance crammed into my little head,i've been turning wrenches on government equipment most of you have never even heard of, so anyone who feels the need to throw a hatchet, dont bother, i laugh at you.take it or leave it, i'm here to find new friends and spread my knowledge, so far the experiance here has been great, i came here from a friend at work while trying to find what turned out to be the 6637 filter and he found the number on this site, i dont even know his screen name on here...lol.... but either way i'm here now and i plan to stay unless i'm asked to leave or too many hatchets come flying my way

Last edited by c00nhunterjoe; 07-16-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
ajbeiler
Senior User
ok, i am getting alittle worried about this problem. you all know we are better than this. i have only been working on trucks for 4 and a half years and i can say this. THE FOURMS HAVE HELPED ME OUT MORE THAN SCHOOL which is costing me more than your truck so think about that. but come on guys if you two don't stop this i broke a f**king bolt thing we will never be able to help fix the problem. thats why we are here to help fix stuff. i know i am younger that all of you 19 but still i too have striped bolts and boke bolts when it the spec said this and that the bolt was rated for alot more. ITS LIFE AND THATS HOW IT WORKS. now you could have had a bolt yesterday if you would not have flow off the wall about a bolt braking and im sure your not the only one who has done it. and it shocked me when cody and tim would offer to give a person they don't know something for free. that is a true friend. i am proud to say they are my freind. i saw nothing wrong with the help cody gave you plus it looked very clear. now im friends with everyone i know at my school and on here and it kills me when i cant help someone because of getting accused of braking someones truck. so be professionals like we are and help each other out and quit this. hey some times you have to look at the facts. nothing is made to last for ever. bolts will wear out do to heat and stress. IT NO ONES FAULT. GET OVER IT. thats why we have replacement parts to fix brok'in ones. ok so youu know what you need to do Racenitro so you a man or a mouse? have a nice day. OK AND ONE QUESTION YOU SAY YOUR HAVE ALL THIS EXPEREIANCE ON DRAG TEAMS AND YOUR AN OFFICAL. WHY DID YOU NOT KNOW THE MAKINGS ON THE BOLT TO FIGURE OUT THE SPEC? EVEN I KNOW THIS.

Last edited by ajbeiler; 07-17-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Front End Death Shakes