Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Computer Chips & Tuners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Computer Chips & Tuners SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2002, 07:12 PM
New User

klippity123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Post Modifying a EEC IV Processor

I have a 1988 F250 with a 460 ci. motor. There was a problem with this model year with hard starts after motor was warmed up and Ford had a service kit sent out that would update and correct the existing processor. This kit included a new thermostat.

Dealers in my area do not have this kit because it is over 10 years ago. My truck was never updated and is hard starting after heating up.

Anyone have a lead on this kit?
Old 10-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Modifying a EEC IV Processor

Do you have a part number?
Old 10-05-2002, 04:34 PM
New User

klippity123 is starting off with a positive reputation.

My mechanic looked up the information on ALLDATA and the only info he got was to install a new EEC IV processor with revised operating strategy. This unit appears to be a factory supplied service kit that also includes a new thermostat.
There was an Authorized Modification Decal included with the kit that was to be placed in a prominent place. Because of the age of the truck, dealers do not seem to have any kits in their stock.
I am wondering if I will have to go directly to Ford but I do not have the slightest idea as to how I would proceed.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanx,
Klippity123

Old 10-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation

A revised operating strategy basically means a reprogram. A dealer ought to be able to handle that, or a chip could be programmed to handle most problems.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

Old 10-10-2002, 07:01 PM