Sold my 'Dozer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold my 'Dozer

*sigh*

"PacMan" was small but powerful, never gave me a bit of trouble. Kept 'im clean, lubed, filtered and tuned.

But I'm sad now, feels like missing a little part of me.

(I'll convert these images to url's in a little while)

Old 03-16-2007, 07:26 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
What are you gonna do Now? What was PACMAN's purpose?

Old 03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexB
*sigh*

"PacMan" was small but powerful, never gave me a bit of trouble. Kept 'im clean, lubed, filtered and tuned.

But I'm sad now, feels like missing a little part of me.
Looks like you lost a fun toy...lol I would mind having one just to play with.

Last edited by Ford_Six; 03-16-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:31 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
God, I would have LOVED to have pacman on my property. I'm actually sorry to see her go and I never even got to meet her!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
PacMan's purpose? Hmmm....Ok i won't be a wiseguy. To clear part of the property, scoop foundations, dig a septic pit and prep a mound drainfield so the Septic Man wouldn't charge me both arms and legs, and later to dig out stumps and cut trails on the front four and back four acres.

They're short but we and the dogs luv trailwalking, and all the other critters use 'em like a highway. Now after the windstorms, i have lots of downed trees 'n limbs to clear out and burn. The West trail is a stinkin' obstacle course lol.

Yea, she was FUN too :~)

PacMan was small but mighty, what a great l'il dozer. *sniff* i'm gonna' cry.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Sounds like a good reason to keep Her.
You did answer my question. I did not know if you were a site prep contractor or something.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd like to find a larger Bobcat or Cat skidsteer for that sort of work. I just hate renting them, I am of the mindset that if I need it once, and can foresee needing it again in the next couple years, buying is a good option.
I used to work at an equipment rental store, and had a bit of fun with the Cat D3 they had there. Brand new, maybe 30 or 40 hours on it, I took it out in the back parking lot for a test run. That thing would turn tight enough that it would almost pitch you off.
The old JD 490 E excavator was fun too- 26,000lbs of car-shredding power.

Last edited by Ford_Six; 03-16-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Options are always good to have, However it is only an option if you have the cash. I am usually out of options.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Yeah, I am in the same boat. I dream of actually being able to afford stuff, but in reality, I drive a 38 year old truck, and I am about to start driving my "new' 37 year old car, once I wrap up the engine work. I rent, because I don't have the credit to buy a place just yet, but at least I make enough to live on. Just not many luxuries, or nice-to-have stuff. I'm ok with that, though.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Sounds like a good reason to keep Her.
You did answer my question. I did not know if you were a site prep contractor or something.
No, just personal use. A coupla' landowners around said I could make good money with it, even small as it was, but I'm comfortable and a homebody.

It was hard to part...just that with all the heavy lifting finished I wasn't getting a lot of use out of it. And everytime that I did use it recently, I was whining:

Aaack! I just trashed the driveway i smoothed and compacted!
or
Aaack! I just trashed the yard after getting it smooth to walk on!

Treads are hell on whatever they go over

But I still need a machine, and I'm casting about for a small used front loader/back hoe. Bigger than a Kubota 23 and smaller than a Case 550. I gotta' measure and test drive a Ford 550, a good rig, see if it's a little smaller than the Case. They're $15 grand, so i ain't even going to look at John Deere or Cat.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:49 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Ford_Six, pardon me but all that sucks! But you're getting lined up on a better and secure job as Welder with all the bennies now, right?

BTW, i saw on the chapter homepage that you're Mod here now, if you weren't before. Thanks for taking on the yob with us again

Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 AM
spidertoy
Senior User
I sure coulda used that on my 6+ *sigh* oh well, one day I will have either a trackhoe, or a nice kubota tractor, in the 50 horse range

Old 03-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
I dunno if I'm going to take this job with the shipyard. They are offering me an apprenticeship, but that is like a four to five dollar an hour pay cut for me, not to mention going to school for four years, and you really start out on the bottom in that program. I am going to be getting benefits in a month or so here, it's just not cheap to put the whole family on under their plan.
I have no complaints about my income, like I said, it's sufficient, it's just the commute and some of the crap I have to deal with, being a certified welder doing carpentry and all.
I was going to build a skidsteer, but it started to morph into a compact front end loader, then just became too big to be reasonable. Would have been the only one in the area running a straightpiped Ford 400, though.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
F. I would love a backhoe but that dozer would work for what I need... plus all these gosh darn anthills are killing us here. I would love to bulldoze those redheaded army ants. *******s have nests waist high here. An the thats waist high on a 6'3" man.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
I dunno if I'm going to take this job with the shipyard. They are offering me an apprenticeship, but that is like a four to five dollar an hour pay cut for me, not to mention going to school for four years, and stuff...
Why dont you pick up comp science bro? Your definitely smart enough. Bates has a good software development program and I could help you do the programming.

Quick Reply: Sold my 'Dozer