Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota offering $1,500 back on base model Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota offering $1,500 back on base model Tundra

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/09/t...-model-tundra/

Old 03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
RickF350
Senior User
Yeah,..I still don't want one

Old 03-18-2007, 06:04 PM
westladog
Senior User
Toyota is still a better company over Ford.

Current stock prices:

Toyota: 129.90 (market cap 234 billion)
Ford: 7.55 (market cap 14 billion)

no matter how you look at it...Ford is on a downward trend while toyota is up

Last edited by westladog; 03-18-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 PM
T-B_MN
Senior User
i can't buy a toyota, i don't drink coffee so i don't have a can for the muffler, i don't have or know of a plane where i can steal a wing, and i need the lights for the front of it not for underneath.

I'm just kidding everyone

Old 03-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Blackstock
Former Vendor
Lightbulb

The Toyota regular cab is a horrible design. The company that mastered copying any good idea has now got the arrogance that used to affect GM. They want to have room behind the seat like Ford and to provide access they choose not to add doors like the Ford, instead to save money they have that huge door that extends well behind the drivers seat that makes it virtual impossible to get out of truck when parked beside the smallest of cars. It'll take more than $1,500 to sell that idea

Old 03-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
It's nothin but the same ole idea/hype advertisers use to sell something/anything on tv....it's valued at $xxxx, but wait, it gets even better, due to this one-time exclusive offer you can get all this for the low low of $xxx.

All they've done is started out with a over-priced price, threw in what looks like a rebate/cash back deal and they're not out anything. <yawn>

Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordsflylow
It's nothin but the same ole idea/hype advertisers use to sell something/anything on tv....it's valued at $xxxx, but wait, it gets even better, due to this one-time exclusive offer you can get all this for the low low of $xxx.

All they've done is started out with a over-priced price, threw in what looks like a rebate/cash back deal and they're not out anything. <yawn>
Exactly like Dodge. The base model Tundra and Ram are priced within $50 of each other, much higher than GM or Ford. The problem for GM is having to put incentives on their brand new models too. $3 gasoline is not helping.

Jim

Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Blackstock
The Toyota regular cab is a horrible design. The company that mastered copying any good idea has now got the arrogance that used to affect GM. They want to have room behind the seat like Ford and to provide access they choose not to add doors like the Ford, instead to save money they have that huge door that extends well behind the drivers seat that makes it virtual impossible to get out of truck when parked beside the smallest of cars. It'll take more than $1,500 to sell that idea
I rode a black short bed, standard cab Tundra last week with the Sport package and I liked it. The space behind the seat already had a tray to keep stuff from getting under the seat instead of the cargo organizer I had to buy for my F-150. The large doors don't bother me because I don't park anywhere that would be an issue (advantage to living in the sticks). The black standard cab short bed truck with the sport package is the best looking Tundra I have seen as the truck is not very attractive. The truck had the 5.7 engine and the sport package gave the truck black plastic bumpers and the SR5 interior. It was the most like a Lightning you could get.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by osbornk
I rode a black short bed, standard cab Tundra last week with the Sport package and I liked it. The space behind the seat already had a tray to keep stuff from getting under the seat instead of the cargo organizer I had to buy for my F-150. The large doors don't bother me because I don't park anywhere that would be an issue (advantage to living in the sticks). The black standard cab short bed truck with the sport package is the best looking Tundra I have seen as the truck is not very attractive. The truck had the 5.7 engine and the sport package gave the truck black plastic bumpers and the SR5 interior. It was the most like a Lightning you could get.

Your HONEST review means a lot...........I really wish more people would actually drive them and compare instead of just flapping their gums.

Number Dummy's review wasn't as favorablle as yours or mine....but that lifetime Ford owning Sasquatch did choose the Titan over the Ford.

Ford needs to wake up QUICK!!!