Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Alarms.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:09 PM
19903024x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarms.......

a buddy of mine has a 97 f-150 and his alarm/ anti-theft was causing problems...you couldnt start the truck. We're in his apartment's parking lot and i'm on my back under the dash havin a look around. I see a grey box that looks out of place so i pull one of the harnesses off of it. The box started buzzing so i pluged it back in. At that time the alarm started going off. He jumps in and is tryin to turn it off with the key and the remote and i'm tryin to get the harness unpluged again. By this time people are starting to see whats going on and all they could prolly see was someone under the dash of a truck with the alarm going off. That looks normal right?....so i finally get all the harnesses unpluged and shut the thing up. I'm sure a few of you have some sort of entertaining story that involves an alarm gone wrong.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:09 PM
lil_dq
Senior User
We were building a subdivision in St. Charles quite a few years back and on couple had this real nice cadillac and the wife thought she would surprise her husband and wash it for him. As she was washing it SOMEHOW managed to drop the keyless entry and key in the bucket of water. The alarm started going off like right now and she couldn't get it off so she had to call her husband to come and use his key to shut it off! Needless to say we laughed our @$$e$ off! ( You can't make that stuff up!)

Old 12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whenever we get a tradein with an alarm in it, I always remove them. They cause so much trouble on a car lot. Get one that constantly drains the battery, or intermittently sets off the alarm, its better to stop that problem before it starts. Different alarm manufacturers have you disconnecting all amounts of wiring, modules, and sensors.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:36 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vloney
Whenever we get a tradein with an alarm in it, I always remove them. They cause so much trouble on a car lot. Get one that constantly drains the battery, or intermittently sets off the alarm, its better to stop that problem before it starts. Different alarm manufacturers have you disconnecting all amounts of wiring, modules, and sensors.
So, ah, removed any off a Super Duty 6.0L Diesel with Remote Start? You know, just curious here.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 AM
lil_dq
Senior User
Originally Posted by 6L PWR
So, ah, removed any off a Super Duty 6.0L Diesel with Remote Start? You know, just curious here.
Yeah....uh....and....uh...maybe any off a....um....oh say.....97 -03 150 5.4...uh...ya know....um....if a guy....well...ya know....was lookin....

Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Sheesh. Customize your ignition a bit boys...anybody ever see me start mine? It doesn't have an alarm, but it is a bit, well...unique.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
When I was Haulin' repo's occasionally I would get one with a finicky alarm. One lot I went to was this place where the guy pretty much lets you in to do your business and then takes off, just so you lock the gate when you're done. This mustang I was picking up started up, fine, got on the truck OK. It had to sit on the bottom next to one of the hydraulics so I rolled down the winow to be able to snake out easier, got out and shut the door. the alarm starts going off, and at first I think, no problem, It'll reset in a few seconds.
Well, ten minutes later it was still going off. Apparently it ALSO engaged a hood lock so I couldn't get under the hood to disconnect the batteries. I finally packed my gear and made the run from St Louis to Lee summit to drop it off at auction. The whole trip my CB kept crackling with people asking if I knew one of my car alarms was going off, etc. fortunately the scale was closed so I didnt have THAT to deal with.
I pulled into the Drop yard and the attendant just kinda shrugs when he sees my noisy mustang amidst all the others and waves me on down to my "area".
as I unloaded, I KNEW this thing wasn't gonna start again, so I had to try and calculate how to get it off the truck! Finally I got an idea.... I was parked right next to the ROW it went in, but there was a LONG LINE down to where we were actually parking our incoming units. I spied one NEAREST ME, tho.. and thought, "Hey, we always leave the keys in.... theyre probably in THAT one... " and moved that one down to the end, unchained my mustang, got in and popped the EBRAKE, letting it COAST down the ramps with sufficient speed so I could keep momentum on the blacktop and cruised right into the space I had made.
The guard came down, and I was expecting to get chewed out for parking it out-of-sequence. Instead, he just says, "Oh, sure...park the NOISY one CLOSER!" and walks away, lol

Old 12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tcbofade
it is a bit, well...unique.
Yeah, that's a polite way to describe your, ah, truck. Yeah!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Yeah, that's a polite way to describe your, ah, truck. Yeah!
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:34 AM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Sure is. Sorry your so jealous of mine.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Sure is. Sorry to keep beating this poor dead horse, but I sure wish I had a real truck...like yours....
Make me an offer...

Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Make me an offer...
You give me $50 and I'll come up and grab it. It'd be great to have a new pistol target!
Hahahahahahaha!! Edit that!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:58 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Waahwaahwaah....Edit that!
OK...if you say so...

Old 12-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Century Coronado
Posting Guru
Uh, was there ever a time you guys respected each other?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:10 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Ummmmm. I dunno.

Wait! I thought of one. He came up to KCIR and ran a 14.25 in his truck. I was out there with my girlfriends son cheering him on.

That's respectful, aint it?

Quick Reply: Alarms.......