1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

wet injector plug at vc

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
boatn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wet injector plug at vc

I have a 95 w/ 196k bought it in April. I have been loving it. Now I have a cel on and its throwing codes the first time about a mounth ago it was the ebpv and cylinder #1 not contributing I firgued it was the ebpv and had been looking at that.The truck would run great when the light was off and would barely run when ti came on. Now the cel is on almost constantly and the thing runs like caca. Finally got the scanner on it when it was coding and throwing codes ebpv and cylinders #1 3 5 7 not contributing. looking at the vc plugs the forward right is wet with oil. I had recently changed the oil with 12 quarts of rottella. It showed about a quart low so i added aquart the another half quart to get it up to about the bottom of the hash marks. Could this have anything to do with it. I know the under vc wiring is usally suspect. But I wanted some input before I started tearing it apart.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say its time for valve cover gaskets and under VC harnesses. I don't see how the oil change or level would cause this issue. the oil intrusion of the wiring is the problem.