Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Granatelli

Has anyone heard of Granatelli, big g or the fuego flash tuner? I read in Diesel Power magizine an article entitled gas vs diesel. The numbers sound pretty good as they are stackable.Whaddaya think

Hanklin

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Postmaster

Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.
I hadn't heard of them before that article. There is a really good thread over on the 6.0 forum regarding that article. Most over there called "BS" on the numbers and backed up their arguments pretty well. I think even Diane from DPTuner entered the discussion as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:06 PM
New User

wenzomatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Granatelli makes the Diablo Sport Flash Tuner. I've been running of their programs for over a year now, it offers a Towing, 60Hp, 85 Hp, 100 Hp, and an Altitude tune. I've only had a problem with the 100 HP pgm my truck seems to bog down on that setting. The 85 HP pgm is what I use most and can spin all 4 tires in 4WD. I dig go from 13 to 15 mpg on every tank with the 85 HP tune.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Welcome to FTE wenzomatic.

Granatelli motorsports does not "make" the Diablo tuner. Diablo does. GMS resells it with their name on it.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 11-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=Orezona]I hadn't heard of them before that article. There is a really good thread over on the 6.0 forum regarding that article. Most over there called "BS" on the numbers and backed up their arguments pretty well. I think even Diane from DPTuner entered the discussion as well.[/QUOTE

I couldn`t find the thread in the 6.0 Would you happen to know the title,that might help my search
Thanks
Hanklin

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 11-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Elder User

bigtorque is starting off with a positive reputation.
i read the same diesel power mag today,,,,,,the numbers do sound good, though they were stacked, it sounded impressive, it had me thinking........
but then i stopped after i read the quadzilla XZT info...........

THANKS TO ---- RAGIN DIESEL - ITP DIESEL - HANSONS TRANSMISSIONS - AMSOIL PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS AND THE BEST IDEAS FROM GREAT FOLKS AT FTE.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Elder User

Mark at DPPI is starting off with a positive reputation.
cookie88,

The Diablo Predator is NOT sold by Granatelli (it was a long time ago), there was a lawsuit between them and Diablo (the manufacturers of the Predator programmer) a while back and Granatelli will not be selling anything made by Diablo!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 11-26-2006, 01:52 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Thanks for clearing that up Mark. I hadn't looked on their site in a while.

Are you saying GMS is producing their own tuner and programmers now, or just that it's not Diablosport?
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
New User

wenzomatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I must have been fooled by the large Granatelli and the very small Diablo print on the front of the programer. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

WenzOmatic
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Postmaster

Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.Orezona has a great reputation on FTE.
[QUOTE=hanklin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orezona
I hadn't heard of them before that article. There is a really good thread over on the 6.0 forum regarding that article. Most over there called "BS" on the numbers and backed up their arguments pretty well. I think even Diane from DPTuner entered the discussion as well.[/QUOTE

I couldn`t find the thread in the 6.0 Would you happen to know the title,that might help my search
Thanks
Hanklin
I'm trying to find it. I didn't post so I'm not subscribed to the thread. I'll let you know if I find it.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Postmaster

Here it is..

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/54...+power+article
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 PM