Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Junior User

BLACK 6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
SVO in bulk

I am looking into making BioDiesel from SVO, and some WVO. I have places I can get the WVO, but I was wondering if there was a supplier that had SVO in bulk (55gal or so drum). All the looking on the internet has givin me no real information that I can see. I live in Washington State, so if anyone knows where it can be pruchased let me know.

Thanks.
B6
Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK 6
I am looking into making BioDiesel from SVO, and some WVO. I have places I can get the WVO, but I was wondering if there was a supplier that had SVO in bulk (55gal or so drum). All the looking on the internet has givin me no real information that I can see. I live in Washington State, so if anyone knows where it can be pruchased let me know.

Thanks.
B6
Last time I checked with Costco in Tri-Citys, Wa, they wanted $2.40/gallon IF you bought a whole pallet..............Not much savings there!

FABMANDELUX.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Junior User

BLACK 6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am getting a little concerned here. I am still looking online trying to find a manufacture of SVO in the US, and I can not locate one.

One of the big "draws" for Bio Diesel and the whole VO things is that we are supporting AMERICAN FARMERS by buying the VO. Well the only consistent thing I can find while looking for a manufacture is India corporations.

I am about as far from a Greenie, Greener, what ever they are called, as you can get. My modivation for making my own is the simple fact that without the money that countries currently providing crude oil get, the people that are intent on doing harm to the United States would not have the funds to do so. I am tired of supporting the people around the world that condemn us, harm us and generally wish us ill-will.

This is really getting me upset, I want to support the US, no one else.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Senior User

leskwvo is starting off with a positive reputation.
B6

A quick google found this site in NJ

might get you a lead
Old 09-28-2006, 05:06 PM
New User

REFuel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Down here in Arkansas, my local crusher is Riceland Foods. They are the supplier of VO for a whole lot of industries. Last time I checked with them, the smallest amount they could supply was a 300 gal. pallet tank. Problem is, everything they make is food grade, and cost is too much. I just made a 400 gal. batch using wvo bought from the local company that picks it up at restaurants, etc. They filter it, and remove the water, but the quality was very bad. High free fatty acid. I used the 2 step acid/base process and it turned out fine.
If you are looking for new oil, search soybean oil, or other sites such as Riceland foods. If you want to get some wvo, call the number on the tank behind you local restaurant and start there.

Neal
'87 F350
Old 10-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Elder User

dyoungen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check under "rendering plants". They process used vegi oil and some sell it to the public. Check out: http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/foru...rm/f/959605551 They might help you.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:41 PM
New User

beachcoffee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Biodiesel co-op in Portland, OR is selling WVO to non-members for $0.75/gallon and to members for $0.50/gallon.

http://www.gobiodiesel.org

Last edited by beachcoffee; 10-14-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Junior User

rickgthf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try to locate a local soybean, canola, etc. crushing plant. They should be able to sell you unrefined vegetable oil at about 30 cents a lbs ( approx. 7 lbs/gal). My experience is that you will need to change the BD processing somewhat due to the presence of the plant gums but it will work. Good Luck
Old 10-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Senior User

Kleenax is starting off with a positive reputation.
SVO in bulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK 6

Thanks.
B6
Since you live in Washington state, I'm sure you guys grow oilseed sunflowers out there, don't you? I live in Michigan, and WA & MI always seem to be growing the same stuff (apples & cherries), and we've got GOBS of oil sunflowers.

Check around and see if you can find the place that sqeezes all of those sunflower seeds into oil! By the way, I've been seeing "seed grinders" on eBay that you can buy to squeeze your own SVO out of seed! Then you could just buy the bulk seed right from the farmers by the bushel and sqeeze it yourself. Here's a link to the eBay auction. They come in other sizes too. Check "sellers other items".
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OIL-PRESS-DIESEL-VEGOIL-VEGGIE-BIODIESEL_W0QQitemZ110046871260

If that link doesn't work, it's Item number: 110046871260

Seems to me there is also someplace in Washington state that imports Palm oil. I hear that stuff makes great biodiesel.

Ray K.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
bulk, michigan, svo