6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Big Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Firemedic61
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Intake

I know that this topic is like beating a dead horse because there are a ton of posts out there. I am looking for information from anyone that is running the jobe performance intake on there 6.0. That filter looks like it would really bring in the air. And they are claiming a ton of horse power and torque. I need some real time, real life feed back on that filter before I spend the money. Thanks For the info.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 PM
NavyPowerstroker
More Turbo
Check out post three of this thread. May be worth PMing this guy.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=498810

I would be interested in what you find out. I have never heard of this before last night.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Firemedic61
Freshman User
I did PM him, but have not yet heard back. My biggest concern is the claim that it seals off the hot engine. I have been thinking about the Volant intake, until I saw the Jobe intake. Now I'm back up in the air with my decision. I live at altitude, so I need as much air as I can get.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
Firemedic61,

If you want a true cold air intake that seals off the hot air and want a filter that stops the dirt check the AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 system. Best of the best etc. Call us if you have any questions on it!!

Mark @ DPPI

Old 06-14-2006, 06:52 PM
admorris
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mark at DPPI
Firemedic61,

If you want a true cold air intake that seals off the hot air and want a filter that stops the dirt check the AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 system. Best of the best etc. Call us if you have any questions on it!!

Mark @ DPPI
This "best of the best" gets thrown around a lot. What specifically makes this the best of the best? I am not discounting what you say, but I am currently in the market for a CAI and want to hear your opinion.

much appreciated.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:15 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Firemedic61
I did PM him, but have not yet heard back.
Who at that link were you PM'ing? Me per chance?? I never got a PM. Sorry if you were looking for me. Just saw this post tonight.

I LOVE my Jobe Intake. I think it's exceptional quality and I think it let's tons of air in and seals off the heat very well. Yes it's pricey, but it does come with an Optima Battery. Very nice!!

Originally I had a Green Power filter in the stock box. It worked well until I added the Banks Techni-cooler kit. With the stock intercooler and the Green Filter and 4" turbo back I was getting 27-28 PSI boost. After installing the Banks intercooler, the boost dropped to 20-21 PSI. Listening to it, it sounded like it wasn't getting enough air. You could almost hear the air being sucked into the stock box in places it wasn't supposed to. After much searching on the net, I found Reagan Jobe. I ended up getting the Filter kit, two Optima Yellow tops (wanted deep cycle and both the same) and the crossover Valve cover vent tube. Install took a little while due to the Banks Intercooler not allowing it to fit quite as designed, but wasn't too bad. After the install, I was back to getting 27-30 PSI of boost. I could honestly feel the power.

Hope that helps you out.

In case you're curious - I'm running a 5.12 second 0-60 & a 14.6 in the 1/4 mile. That's all before the Torque Converter and NOS though. Hopefully, Friday I'll see what she'll do with those two additions.

Last edited by 6L PWR; 06-14-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
admorris,

I understand, here's some info for you:

The PG7 filters within 1/2 of 1% as well as a paper filter, nearly nothing etc.
THE 75-10392 system produces 18 HP and 100 lbs of torque at 850 RPM over stock.
Flow rate over stock is increased from 215 CFM to 278 CFM.
Cold air only intake, unlike most that have an unshielded filter under the hood.
Easy access for filter service.
Has a supplemental air intake function if you want to cut it open for even more CFM of flow.
Probably some stuff I forgot too.

Mark @ DPPI

Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
BassCat
Junior User
admorris,

I understand, here's some info for you:

THE 75-10392 system produces 18 HP and 100 lbs of torque at 850 RPM over stock.
Flow rate over stock is increased from 215 CFM to 278 CFM.
Cold air only intake, unlike most that have an unshielded filter under the hood.
Easy access for filter service.
Has a supplemental air intake function if you want to cut it open for even more CFM of flow.
Probably some stuff I forgot too.

Mark @ DPPI
The stock filter is tested at 3300 rpm which is factory tested Rated Power 325 HP and flows 732 CFM of air / flow. The comparison should be done at the same RPM as stock tested. 215 to 278 CFM increase is not very impressive adding an additional 850 RPM to a obvious high performance motor. Not many people see 4150 rpm on a stocker.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
BassCat
Junior User
Originally Posted by 6L PWR
I LOVE my Jobe Intake. I think it's exceptional quality and I think it let's tons of air in and seals off the heat very well.
This is a good looking box by apppearance. I would ask you though what CFM does the filter / intake combination flow at stock 6.0 rated power which is 3300 rpm? Letting tons of more air in with this set-up sounds highly exaggerated without a rated power test to compare with the stock set-up.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BassCat
I would ask you though what CFM does the filter / intake combination flow at stock 6.0 rated power which is 3300 rpm?

For that, I'd point you to the man that makes it:
http://www.JobePerformance.com
I'm strictly an end user with no way to test that.
Originally Posted by BassCat
Letting tons of more air in with this set-up sounds highly exaggerated without a rated power test to compare with the stock set-up.
I base this statement on the difference between looking at what I took off, and comparing it to what I put on size wise. It's obvious by sight how much more it can flow.
It's like looking at the stock exhaust and a 5" exhaust laid side-by-side.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
BassCat,

Your info is great, but AFE tested the HP gains on their in house dyno. The CFM ratings is not listed at any particular RPM in their information, the HP rating was at 850, basically off idle they go those extra HP numbers. I agree that you have to test at the same RPM, whcih they do, I just don't have that RPM available etc.

You can also get SOTP results by feeling and seeing a faster spool up on the turbo as well as lower EGT's at the same RPM's when comparing to the stock system.

Mark @ DPPI

Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
BassCat
Junior User
BassCat,

Your info is great, but AFE tested the HP gains on their in house dyno. The CFM ratings is not listed at any particular RPM in their information, the HP rating was at 850, basically off idle they go those extra HP numbers. I agree that you have to test at the same RPM, whcih they do, I just don't have that RPM available etc.

You can also get SOTP results by feeling and seeing a faster spool up on the turbo as well as lower EGT's at the same RPM's when comparing to the stock system.

Mark @ DPPI
I would agree with you Mark, I believe the AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 system is probably the best of the best as well. I know several diesel performance guys who report the same results you have stated. I sure wish these folks and others would show CFM numbers at factory rated power though. I spent allot of time and money getting quality air into my truck not just quantity. Along the way I ran into a few products that just do not provide the results they claim.

Take care

Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
BassCat,

Yes I agree it would be a better way to make a comparision, us diesel lovers are just left with the info we get from the manufacturers etc.

Mark @ DPPI